Portal Experimenting

Portals have been extensively researched by some here on the forum and elsewhere, resulting in what is currently being accepted and used. I will repeat this below, starting with the glyph sequence translation to hex. I have added some additional info and thoughts of my own:

• Portal addresses are tied to the Galaxy they are found in and consist of 12 glyphs total.
  • The first glyph indicates the celestial body within a system, Planet or Moon, the portal is found on. It follows the order in which celestial bodies are shown for a system in the Galactic map, starting at 1. This order appears to follow orbits from close to far from the sun/star. Moons are listed after the planet they orbit.
    • The first glyph is never 0 (sunrise/sunset), although (usually?) does not error. This may possibly indicate it being used as the default portal to be sent to in case of an error (1st glyph).
  • The 11 glyphs that follow indicate the following in the below order:
    • 3 glyphs for Solar System Index
    • 2 glyphs for system Y coordinate
    • 3 glyphs for system Z coordinate
    • 3 glyphs for system X coordinate

Not every planet or moon has a portal, so sometimes a (hex) number / first glyph, is skipped and likely not available (error). This shows how the planetary order (including moons) is followed. Evidence for this can be found in some of the shared Galactic Coordinates and Portal Adresses:

To conclude, a portal address is tied to the planetary number (including moons). A planet or moon does not always have a portal, but so far appears to never have more than one. How many portals can exist in a system totally depends on the amount of celestial bodies in a system and the availability of a portal on each.

Lastly, although already mentioned in this thread, a portal can exist, showing the correct address, but being bugged. Players will not end up at that portal for some reason. An error may or may not show once the portal sequence is entered, apparently depending on platform (PC/PS4).

6 Likes