Phase 2 Reporting Thread

From a CGI oriented person, consider that if they masked the original map (a la paint-bucket) islands would be left out…

Some of them not entirely blurred out, but I get your point and easy answer: I don’t know :smiley:

Go to the balearic Islands in the meditteranean, just east of the Spanish coast, it says in capital letters ILLES BALEARS.

This means “Balearic Islands” written in Catalán, which is the official language alongside Spanish, on those islands. In other words, this map honours every country’s original spelling and is not a purely English map.

(we have other examples from Brazil just above in this thread as well)

Maybe they don’t want us to concern ourselves with specifically the names of the islands.

My screen is super dark but it seems like many islands in Asia are not labelled. The Japanese islands don’t seem to have labels nor Taiwan nor some of the Indonesian islands. Can anyone see anything there? I don’t know why they would be excluded.

I’m trying to remember a quote from a book or movie or something, but it pertains to multiple dimensions and each one being an island unto itself kinda thing. Maybe it was kingdom hearts?! Hahaha.

Anyway…

“…after all, what is a planet but an island in space?”

― John Wyndham

AND

No man is an Island, by John Donne could be possibly lines of enquiry.

3 Likes

In the Mediterranean, there’s Malorca, Corse, Sardinia, Sicily, Crete,…

The next one I’m not sure about. Symi seems to be in the right place, but the blurred caption in wt is definitely longer than that. It’s definitely not Lindos, though.
And finally we have Cyprus.

1 Like

Wait, what was Old Gods location again!?

Well, too late, DUH! :smile:

You mean this? 49°51′S, 128°34′W

1 Like

My 2 cents: In No Man’s Sky, ocean planets have nothing but small islands, no big continents. No idea if that could possibly help…

here the coordinates: 49°51′S, 128°34′W

1 Like

So if “something” is calibrating, maybe these are the calibration points? Like how they use the twin LIGO sites to detect gravitational waves, maybe these are sensor sites for something?

Site went down again for me… 503 error

The leaders of Etarc have coordinates in their profile descriptions, but none of them (to my knowledge) pointed at islands

Okay after investigating page source,

One JS led to a page that confirms alice and smith (not usre if found previously)
http://www.project-wt.com/bundles/app/js/app.min.js?07212017210356

Also
a class=“nbr-1 locked”
a class=“nbr-2 locked”>
a class="nbr-3 locked
a class=“nbr-4 locked”>

Is in oage source, guess its the locks. But whats NBR?

The background animation of the project-wt site seems to be the same or at least quite similar to that of the wakingtitan site. It’s like we’re looking through a lens or some other transparent medium with an overlay of some sort.

Does anyone remember if this animation was present in the previous version of the project-wt site?

Seems like “number” abbreviated IMO… maybe that’s too easy

1 Like

NumBeR… lol

1 Like

We are in a holding pattern everyone, wait til calibration is complete. All other times calibration has been involved there has been nothing to unlock…

1 Like

Yeah you’re probably right!

@lilprog Hey, play nice! hahaha I blame weed for my sudden brain fart jaja.

2 Likes