PDF Investigation

Maybe the checkbox serves as a way to help us see what we missed - perhaps something we missed on the echo-64 website? And I agree with what you said, the N/A slots will most likely become available as we progress.

1 Like

with that thought…should we be looking for 7 other email address?

1 Like

It appears so, given the emphasis Emily has put on deeply sweeping the echo-64 website and the checkbox.

1 Like

Okay, wait a second! On the first PDF, the person who meets at the NYC cafe is asked to introduce themselves as “Dr. Putnam.” The courier’s name is Agent Lowell Bennigan.

William Lowell Putnam was successful lawyer who founded the Lowell Observatory in Flagstaff, AZ, one of the most notable observatories in the world, and one of the oldest in the United States. Coincidentally (or not), his wife’s name was Elizabeth, who as a widow set up a math competition for undergrad students in his name.

cc: @Emily

3 Likes

Huh, that’s fascinating. These are probably pseudonyms, but understanding this background might give us a bit more insight into ‘Project WT’ and the Atlas Foundation, at least on a surface level. More astronomy references!

3 Likes

Hey! Little ole Flagstaff gets a mention! Perhaps worth mentioning is that one of the reasons that the Lowell Observatory is well known in astronomy is that Pluto was discovered there.

3 Likes

Yeah, perhaps I got ahead of myself. When you get into the mindset of finding patterns and clues in documents, it’s hard to know what’s confirmation bias and what’s a real clue. It’s certainly an odd coincidence to find those names together, especially with the space connection, as well as the math which No Man’s Sky is heavily based on. But maybe not relevant to Waking Titan.

1 Like

Well, the lyrics to the songs are interesting. I pulled out what I think is related and could be a theme about time/star travel. Tell me what you think? If I’m totally off that’s ok too, first time I’ve tried to do anything like this, so I’m learning as I go =-)

Just follow me and go, seem relevant.
First blood:
I know you, I know you
Know that there’s thunder deep inside of you
It makes you think it’s all a dream, it cannot be true
We’ll inhale, we’ll inhale

Just follow me and go
Just follow me and go

This whole passage here:

• Run Lola run.
    I wish I was a stranger
    Who understands the sky
    I wish I was a starship
    When Saturn’s flying by

The man who sold the world:

I laughed and shook his hand
And made my way back home
I searched for form and land
For years and years I roamed
I gazed a gazeless stare
At all the millions here
I must have died alone
A long, long time ago

1 Like

Yeah, I’m completely new to this kind of thing. After doing a lot of research yesterday, I’ve realized that 99.9% of what I wrote in my previous post was unrelated and on the wrong track. I like how you’re thinking though. We’ll both learn as we go hopefully.

I think I finally understand the First Blood lyrics. It’s basically a love song to his car… I guess. When he says, “Know that there’s thunder deep inside of you”, I think he’s talking about the car’s engine. However, that doesn’t mean that the Waking Titan ARG isn’t taking the reference further in some way. It seems like a strong possibility that we could be seeing references to time travel or multiple dimensions or doppelgangers. I’m not exactly sure. I wish we had a clearer understanding as to the significance of the various YouTube videos and what information they are providing us. They don’t seem to be there to help us solve the puzzles of the Sigils and Glyphs on the wakingtitan.com website. So, maybe they are there to hint at the underlying story that’s being told.

I’m a huge Bowie fan, but not really sure how The Man Who Sold the World relates, either. Bowie himself said he thinks he wrote it during a younger period when he felt like he was missing a piece of himself. I suppose you could make a connection to the Echoes with that, either through the data corruption that’s been discussed, or perhaps more philosophically that some of these AI echoes have realized that they’re merely a shadow of who they’re supposed to be.

I suppose that first stanza about meeting someone on the stairs who spoke of the past, and Bowie tells him he thought the person died long ago, it makes me think of someone encountering a ghost. Or someone encountering an echo.

But the same with the Shakespeare quotes, I’m not really sure how these fit into the puzzle as more than flavor text. And it’s easy to read into things that aren’t there.

I think it’s worth pointing out that one of Albert Camus’ most famous works is called The Myth of Sisyphus, another Greed Myth reference and one that seems particularly well related to No Man’s Sky. (Travelling to the center of the galaxy sends you back to the beginning without reaching the center, a “Sisyphean” endeavor). I have a hunch that the Camus Facility is NMS.

1 Like

Now that is an easter egg link I am more than willing to believe! Good job.

1 Like

So i was looking into the first pdf a little and this may be useful and it may just be coincidence, but I used a book cipher with the “EC MU MY SU AT” at the top in decimal form with the block of text underneath that reads:

“Participants displayed high cognitive ability and great teamwork reflexes. We observed the creation of
a bridge between existing, well-organized clusters; they’re already showing a great capability to adapt.
Innovative thinking and quick reflexes even led to the creation of automated scripts to monitor the
pre-launch phase. Investigation in the current available assets reveal great proactivity. Sample is still
very limited. Cohesiveness and inclusion of new participants during the active phases are likely to be
key to our success.
Based on this initial response, difficulty recalibration is in progress. Escalation will occur rapidly,
to better gauge if the participants are up to the extreme nature of the problems waiting in later phases.
Let me reiterate that I still think this is much too risky. We don’t have time for this, Elizabeth.”

and it came out to: “DURING NEW KEY RESPONSE KEY IN THIS RESPONSE INCLUSION INITIAL”

which could read “during new key response, key in this response inclusion initial”

I mean that could possibly mean that a new key response will include a key from the initial assessments section on this pdf. Again it may be nothing and I was skeptical about even posting it, but I figured we still have some time till the next broadcast so what the hell. If anything at least people can know its been tried.

1 Like

Well… this seems interesting! I am totally new to all of this, and certainly need to do a lot of studying to understand the book cipher, but the fact that it spits out an intelligible sentence at least seems promising.

Just out of curiosity: there’s been some reference to Hamlet at this point, with a specific portion of the play being in the crosshairs… has anyone applied this book cipher logic to this text? I realize it’s important to have the same edition in order for the cipher to work… but that’s just a thought coming from a rookie.

1 Like

These refer to the websites involved in Waking Titan. @Orioncrush explained their meaning in the first comment in this thread.

1 Like

Based on http://www.multiverse-75.com/ just opening - are the letters in the order they may initialize?

1 Like

I’m aware of that.

Yeah, I just saw that in the discord and came to the same conclusion. Looks like we can expect the fourth sequence to be Myriad-70, the fifth to be Superlumina-6c, and the sixth to be Atlas-65.

Wouldn’t be surprised if “duple” is the answer to one of the glyphs/sigils either as Atlas-65 opens, or immediately after the Atlas-65 one.

Just gave ‘duple’ some more thought and wonder if it has to do with the 1st pdf we got (for link see OP). We did find all the websites prior to receiving this pdf and it seems obviously related to the ‘EC, MU, MY, SU. AT’. So basically this was the first mention of the websites, be it in capitalized first two letters, including confirmation below of having found all the websites. This pdf also gave us the first YouTube link to ‘Kavinsky - First Blood’. I do not think this has been discussed before, but isn’t that an obvious ‘duple meter’ beat? The beat plays throughout the song, with the first accentuated and the second not. Sort of like a clock ticking; TIC … toc … TIC … toc. Considering we used the websites suffix in hex to ascii to come to ‘duple’, could this just have been another reference to this song and additional confirmation? Just a thought …

1 Like

Hmm, this is definitely a possibility. I don’t know anything about musical beats, so I’ll take your word for that bit. I do think there’s more to the linked songs than simply adding flavor to the ARG. They could link to anything, if they were adding flavor it seems like they’d maybe pick things a little more related to the subject matter (like the Symphony of Science videos or something). I feel like they’ll come into play at a later stage.