Multiverse research fields puzzle

I figured I’d make a separate topic for this, since it’s one of the few puzzles we’re still left with.

So on the multiverse page, under research fields there is a bunch of encrypted text, and it has been found to have been a bifid cipher. I’ve copied the decrypted text from here: Waking Titan - Game Detectives Wiki and this gets us:

Radiation Belts
We recreate conditions similar to the Van Allen radiation belt in our secure facilities.

Computationalism
Exploring the possibilities inherent in a computational view of consciousness: We are always finding new ways to enhance our ability to process information with naturally-occurring phenomena.

Magnetic Fields
Adding to an already massive pool of knowledge surrounding fundamental forces: This group studies how industrial tools can be improved with the liberal application of magnetic energies.

Electrodynamics
Venturing to new horizons in Quantum Electrodynamics, we aim to make better use of the particle/wave interactions that happen all around us, every day.

Particle Acceleration
Based on the already-successful CERN Superconducting Super Collider and the Cornell Syncrotron, our private particle accelerator is built to perform tens of studies per day, at a lower cost than comparable facilities.

A site like: http://rumkin.com/tools/cipher/bifid.php (Set translate J into I) can be used to decode the text using the key “SCHRODINGEABFJKLMPQTUVWXYZ”

The sentences seem fairly generic and not overly meaningful, but they could be deliberately crafted this way to hide more information.
Now the most obvious questions is, what does this mean? Is it a red herring? Is there more meaning to the contents of this text?

One of the things I’ve tried to look for so far is a single word that can connect all 5 of these, but other than “physics” most words do not entirely fit all categories, and even physics itself only has weak ties to computationalism. Likewise “energy” or “light” do not match all of these either.

Finally, the key (schrodinger) may or may not have something to do with it.

Fun fact: the use of the colons is a bit strange, and if you take the capital letters following them you get WT (Waking Titan).

Does anyone else have any ideas about what we can do with these texts?

1 Like

Right now I am guessing it gives us topics that could be important to what Multiverse does.

Fun fact: the use of the colons is a bit strange, and if you take the capital letters following them you get WT (Waking Titan).

Probably nothing, but the two colons are in the same place on the two things they appear in (character 78)

Have we tried WT, and different words from those paragraphs for the sigils?

There is a connection there and the Multiverse website states it. Notice that there are two chief researchers for the fields described below them: Computationalism and Magnetic Fields. There are other researchers that have descriptions that are closely related to the other fields but not as specific.

If you combine the team and field descriptions you’ll see the connection.

Computationalism:
learning more about the effects of altered states and environments on processing in HUMAN SUBJECTS.

Exploring the possibilities inherent in a computational view of consciousness: We are always finding new ways to enhance our ability to process information with NATURALLY-OCCURING phenomena.

Magnetic Fields:
COLLABORATES with our computationalism research team to explore the possibilities of using magnetic fields to alter perception.

Adding to an already massive pool of knowledge surrounding fundamental forces: This group studies how INDUSTRIAL TOOLS can be improved with liberal application of magnetic energies.

I think that the use of the terms ‘naturally-occurring’ in one description and ‘industrial tools’ in the other is meant to loosely suggest a sort of paradox which is a term also used to describe the Schrodinger’s cat experiment.

Mikhail Regison’s testimonial further suggests that these two fields of research might lead to more clues:

“My time with Multiverse’s intelligent staff has taught me much about how we can benefit from their efforts. My company is already applying some of their discoveries in functional COMPUTATIONALISM within our own products!”

The ‘human subjects’ part is starting to make this creepy.

From a meta perspective, the question raised by this puzzle is Why would a company encrypt information describing their core services? It doesn’t make sense, using an analogy, for McDonald’s to encrypt its menu.

If the point of the ARG is that someone (or some group) is leaving secret messages in public websites, and our goal is to uncover the messages to find deeper truths, then our task is to find out why they chose to encrypt obviously public information, not to decrypt it. Decrypting the text is not the point of the puzzle. The encryption itself is but a single clue to finding the true message.

Edited for spelling and clarity.

Ah, good finds @ crossid, the added chief research information almost instantly made me think of the matrix. Which ofc could be an explanation for how the NMS “simulation” got there in the first place. Only instead of turning humans into batteries, this almost suggests it’s turning humans into computer grids?

The meta concerns are indeed valid as well. It is like a huge sign saying “look here”, and then there is just nothing special there. So it could indeed be the real clue is 2 levels deeper, and it’s about the persons associated to the fields, or even only related to the bifid cipher or the key.
Then again, it could be less complex and just some trick with the words or their order, or just a red herring. So probably best to just keep every option open and see if anything can be found under whatever rock we may be able to turn over. :slight_smile:

This phase of Waking Titan is a test, to find people who are up for the challenge of future phases. That’s why Elizabeth Leighton congratulates us in proving our worth in the most recent video. It also is why the newest PDF says the testing phase is almost complete, and after this they will turn their attention to the real problem. WT was designed to find people to help with this problem, that is where the narrative is going.

As a part of this test, ecrypting useless information is a technique to throw us off to see if we will keep searching for the real info needed to complete the test.

1 Like

So go ahead and wait for the next ACSII hexadecimal spectrograph RGB morse code rosetta stone clue that the community will solve within 24 hours. Let them have it, it’s what they’re good at. There’s a bigger story being told here and I don’t feel that encrypting anything is USELESS because we’re not even halfway there.