Patient Intervention Thread - Alexander

Hi all, I am working on putting together the radio music playlist for Alexander :smiley: I have already started on it (with what has been submitted so far) and I would like to say a little something, that will maybe help get people moving on submitting the rest of the pieces and also give a little something extra to do if anyone wants!! -

First of all, it sounds BEAUTIFUL, the music, combined with the lovely voices of radio hosts, all together it’s really wonderful, and I think it will be really enjoyable for people to listen to the final mix!

Second of all, the priority needs to absolutely be the songs that have not yet been submitted (at the time of submitting this: “Love for Sale - Cannonball Adderley”, “You Don’t Know What Love Is - Sonny Rollins”, “The Nearness of You - Erroll Garner”, and “I’m in the Mood for Love - Sarah Vaughan”), HOWEVER, I would like to invite anyone who has already submitted a song, if they want to submit another - I would like to have multiple versions of the last piece “Cry Me a River - Julie London”. So please feel free to submit duplicates of that song (or any song really, but I’m specifically thinking I will like to have duplicates of that one).

Just to emphasize, priority should be on the pieces not yet submitted. Four pieces to go still!

6 Likes

Currently missing songs:

• Love for Sale - Cannonball Adderley
  • You Don’t Know What Love Is - Sonny Rollins
  • The Nearness of You - Erroll Garner
  • I’m in the Mood for Love - Sarah Vaughan
6 Likes

I submitted. Cry Me a River above and it is on the Reddit thread as well. I wouldn’t mind doing another but, it really should be someone else. Going to sleep now. I will check again first thing in the morning. Also @FRANK_CADILLAC has a nice voice. Perhaps he is working on one.

5 Likes

I found your Clyp.it link, but I don’t think you have set it to be downloadable. Please make it downloadable! :slight_smile: (Edit: I found a way to download it)

1 Like

Well done @sheralmyst

1 Like

For anyone who definitely can’t submit one of the radio pieces we need, but still want to contribute! (Or for those who have/are going to, but want to contribute even more!) –

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/8tfyr3/calling_on_all_csd_members_cant_submit_a_radio/

(Alternate CSD forum link)

TO CLARIFY, all the real radio submissions are still going to be in the memory collage! This is NOT replacing any of those, those are still 100% the focus – and we still need four more of them!!

4 Likes

Thanks @sheralmyst :smiley: it’s in the works :wink:

3 Likes

Hey guys I know we’re looking for real requests but I just did one for Nearness of you by Erroll Garner, maybe someone with a bit of free time and expertise wants to cut it up to the song and remove any ums and awkward silence?

I went with a late night radio show vibe for a now defunct pirate radio station called Phantom FM.

Believe it or not my one take delivery is better than most of the DJs they had on that pirate radio station (it eventually got bought in the early 00’s and became a legit station, but has since been shut down)

12 Likes

Here we go - cleaned a little, and song added.

Very nice delivery, by the way.

https://clyp.it/gjoujfzd

8 Likes

Woo thanks poly :slight_smile: true gentleman! I went for the late night low dynamic radio voice, mainly because my dog was asleep next to me and he has trachial collapse, which would not have sounded good on a recording haha.

Shall post it to reddit asap

3 Likes

West Liverpool Community Radio - Sonny Rollins - You Don’t Know What Love is

What regional accent?

https://clyp.it/1ad0mxgs

12 Likes

Very nice :grinning:

2 Likes

Aw’right yooon, what’re ya up tooon?

I’ve no idea if that’s Liverpool slang I just heard a chav say it once :slight_smile:

Want me to post these to reddit for you good sir?

6 Likes

Yes, go ahead, please. I break out in boils if I go there.

6 Likes

Sarah Vaughan from France

14 Likes

If you look on a map, you’ll see that West Liverpool is a little joke. There’s a North, a South, and an East - but go West, and you’re in the river.

6 Likes

Bien fait! :smiley:

3 Likes

I blame my ignorance of your countries geography on centuries of colonialism :see_no_evil:

Hope that jokes not in bad taste haha, I do not hold the resentments of my forefathers like some of my countrymen do :roll_eyes: I’m a citizen of earth first and foremost :+1:

@kerdorin good job, was that you or did you get an actual request played? Sounds good regardless!!

6 Likes

Nicely done!
Wonderful expressive piece of music.
Was not able to listen to it on youtube as there seems some restriction to this video in Europe…

3 Likes

Well done. Sounds like a genuine radio show?

3 Likes