Patient Intervention Thread - #231187661T

In my mind there was nothing in green for this dreamer, but i can be wrong.

Wasnā€™t Null the first Traveller? Could this patient be Null?

(Iā€™m probably wrong though)

1 Like

Already tried it. It was a possibility of course. But not the good one :wink:

Not super helpful to the puzzle, but I find it interesting that the Phillip and Eun Ha components both show their faces, but #231187661T shows the space helmet getup.

2 Likes

This doc should be helpfull.
https://pastebin.com/Fbkrtrf9

In reading #2:

Alien: Irrevocably ā€“ kzkzzt ā€“ corrupted corrupted corrupted. Take, please ā€“ final proof we existed ā€“ that ā€“ that ā€“ {Ask what is happening}
They tell me that there was an experiment. There were some who doubted if their universe was real, if the world was just a dream.
They did not mean for any of this to happen. They begin to shake as the white space approaches, beseeching me, imploring me not to repeat their mistakeā€¦
ā€¦and just like that, the vision recedes. We both stand here as if nothing has happened.
As I leave, they ask if I have received any troubling readings. They are afraid something is happening to their worldā€¦

Experimentā€¦ just a dreamā€¦ This traveller met dreamers ?

6 Likes

Dear Peeps, has there been any developments with the ARG since yesterday around this time? Or are we waiting for the bracelet-photo contributions to finish?

1 Like

Nopeā€¦just waiting for Eun Ha to decide sheā€™s had enough pictures and have a chat.

1 Like

The only thing I found to do with #231187661T following an internet search has been a pastebin link:

SCENARIO: Iteration #231187661T [ Transferred | Deleted ]. Probable boundary separation failure. Vessel [16] emptied. [Sentinel Intervention | Deliberate Transfer] Unknown. DIAGNOSTIC: ā€¦ // NO CONNECTION // ANALYSIS: [----] Awaiting Fresh Iteration. [Anomaly] Containment Prepared.

5 Likes

yes this text is part of NMS, itā€™s one of the very first texts to show up as you start a new game

Progress on Philipp.

2 Likes

#231187661Tā€™s figure is extremely similar to the orange traveller on the NEXT poster.

2 Likes

Also

Blockquote
The ATLAS lives for millenia. It dreams world upon world, fantastic creatures of its own devising and skies in which they might soar.
And then one day it starts to die, as all things do.
In its fear, in its confusion, the ATLAS awakens. It attempts to summon its creator back into being.
It wants to know what to do before the end. It wants to know why it was abandoned, why it has to face this moment alone. It wants to know why I left it behind.
Exist
The Travellers are born, spun from the corrupted memory of its Creator. They are seeded to every universe, to become what the circumstances might make them.
I see myself begin, the last of the Travellersā€¦

3 Likes

That doesnā€™t seem like correct informationā€¦I mean the characters writing this can be wrong and at least that does seem wrong. The story quite clearly defines an Atlas that wants to perform a universe reset but canā€™t because it is stuck in a loop so its countdown is stuck at 16 minutes until reset. By that logic the Atlas should have ā€œdiedā€ a long time ago if it were capable of dying or at least resetting the galaxy would not save the Atlasā€¦but itā€™s an AI, why would it ā€œdieā€? Do its parts rust away without maintenance or something? The atlas seems to both create and maintain the simulation so how would the NMS universe not end without the Atlas? The sentinels attack us because we are a threatā€¦we are capable of performing a resetā€¦itā€™s what we were created to doā€¦so weā€™re thrown in the middle of this never ending conflict between the Atlas, the sentinels who at some point in the past stopped working for the Atlas, and loop16ā€¦at least thatā€™s how I interpreted the story. The explanation that the Atlas isnā€™t immortal doesnā€™t make senseā€¦and to be replaced by who, by what? We never meet any other AI capable of replacing the Atlasā€¦thereā€™s the Sentinels but theyā€™re a bit on the mad sideā€¦their idea of protecting life being killing it and encasing it in glass to preserve corpses that way. None of that fits very well with the rest of the lore.

1 Like

The sixteen minutes arenā€™t stuck or stopped because the atlas is dyinf, theyā€™re happening and the atlas started dying a long time ago, however seconds in the real world could be aeons in the simulation, those sixteen minutes could be billions of years in the simulation.

Itā€™s also heavily implied every instance of the simulation was run at the same time, and thatā€™s whatā€™s causing the time anomalies and other instances of your traveller to appear, the sims are bleeding into eachother as the atlas dies. Thatā€™s what kzzkt is, the sound of the atlas dying. Or so our traveller seems to realise during an epiphany. And every traveller you see is you, the corrupted memory of its creator, simulated countless times to try and figure out its own purpose before it dies.

The atlas dying is what allowed the cracks and fizzures to appear and travellers to reach eachother.

Imagine if billions of years were broken down into sixteen minutes, and on top of that you had a good few million instances of that simulation running. So essentially a nano second would represent quite a large portion of time, a lot of things happening across all sims in a passage of time short that you could see how time anomaly errors might occur should the sims be bleeding over and dying.

Thatā€™s kinda how I picture all that stuff in my head any way in relation to the nature of the simulation, the breaking boundaries of each instance etc etc.

The reason itā€™s dying is because its creator has choosing to turn it off. Thatā€™s what the sixteen minutes is, the time in which it will be turned off. Its desperately seeking a way to escape or to reach out and appease its creator in the hopes it will be allowed to remain functioning and grow. This is all explained in the remembrance lore.

At comment below: The atlas resets but thatā€™s not what the countdowns for. It keeps getting travellers to reset it hoping it will help, the sixteen minutes are when it will be shut down, not reset.

5 Likes

The last 16 minutes repeat themselves over and over in a loopā€¦they keep counting down as you get to the end of the story but then itā€™s up to you to manually perform a hard resetā€¦because the Atlas canā€™tā€¦itā€™s stuck.

The Atlas is in pain because it canā€™t perform the resetā€¦but no, it doesnā€™t keep performing resets forever, once you perform a reset(or refuse to) the story is overā€¦no more resets are required. You can keep going to Atlas stations but the story is overā€¦no more resets are possible through the Atlas.

It also makes no sense for the countdown to be until shutdown because as we approach the end of the story we are down to one minute until time runs outā€¦but then the game does not endā€¦if a shutdown were imminent we wouldnā€™t be able to keep playing foreverā€¦especially if we perform a resetā€¦we clearly pass 15 minutes of the countdown so if death were imminent the Atlas would die and the game would endā€¦done, no more NMS universes of any kind.

In fact the game makes it a point that a warp reduces the countdown by 1ā€¦so if Atlas death were imminent the simulation would definitely end with the Atlas.

2 Likes

On his pop out the text view patient file is corrupted. In looking at what is there, we are left with Vepente -which is the Esperanto word for spider. What is missing is Iwatifil. That sounds like a drug name (but isnā€™t).

Donā€™t mean to veer off topic discussing this but that countdown during the warps is not the countdown of sixteen minutes.

Afterwards you ponder how long is truly left, days, weeks, months, millenia.

Thereā€™s more story to come, thatā€™s just the end of it for now, weā€™ve yet to discover the true nature of the ā€œcreatorā€ and how much the travellers truly reflect him and thereā€™s more to come about telamon no doubt as hinted in the remembrance lore etc introduced in atlas rises.

1 Like

You got everything right except what is killing the Atlas. It is not the Atlasā€™ creator about to shut it down. Its creator left millenia ago. In the last Remembrance lore it says the Atlas is about to be destroyed by the star of its planet turning into a black hole.

3 Likes

I have been thinking this exact thing.

ā€œEXTREME GRAVITATIONAL EVENT // BACKUP GENERATORS 1ā€“9845 FAILING // DATA UPLOAD IN ā€“ā€

What does the atlas need power for inside the simulation? Couldnā€™t the atlas just will the power into being? He is, in effect, the god of that world. Why does he need power?

I have been thinking for a while now that his local star was about to go supernova. I didnā€™t realize it was in the remembrance lore.

ā€œIt witnesses its own self, the black hole ripping apart its world, its core systems almost destroyed.ā€

2 Likes

To paraphrase a songā€¦
" The dreamer, the unwoken fool,"
(unwoken and unaware that they are dreaming?)
ā€œIn dreams, no pain will kiss the brow.ā€
(No lasting physical painā€¦because we are constantly resurrected.)
ā€œThe love of ages fills the head.ā€
(Many Many planets/universes/discoveries over time)
ā€œThe days that linger there in prey of emptiness, Of burned out dreams.ā€
(???)
ā€œThe minutes calling through the years.ā€
(16 minutes elapsed over years?)
ā€œThe universal dreamer rises up above his earthly burden.ā€
(In the dream state and into the simulation)
ā€œJourney to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado.ā€
(???)

Imperfect but still enjoy the lyrics and the song! -)

Nothing to see hereā€¦carry on! -)

TQQdlesā„¢

2 Likes