Patch for Steam player

Yes i know, and if press E you’re back but that’s not the problem, if you look the video you can see that his ressources were 500 and after transfer only 250. Before, a 500 stack would take 2 slots in the exosuit but with this experimental it fills only 1 slot and the rest is lost.

Yep, “Q” works on all inventories… “E” on the ship, but then, it’s shared with crafting… “X” now lets you choose where to send. This is what we needed… I think they forgot this little tweak on 1.35, while was listed on the notes.

I can confirm this - full 250 stack of Plutonium moved to an exosuit cargo slot with 310 units left, source stack gone entirely. Unplayable.

I had to opt out of the Experimental Mod for this and the catastrophe which is ship flying, among a few others. They really need to quit fussing with literally everything, and test what they change a LOT better.

It is experimental after all :wink: The most important is the important bugs now fixed (quests, missions, crashed game etc…) so we can use it the time to have a “clean save”, report what is still broken if any and go back to 1.35 if we want. I did it because the new flight is… ouch.

1 Like

One thing that’s not mentioned is they seemed to have roughly doubled the range at which you can mine minerals now.

… and they nerfed the economy - buying bunch of thamium, for example, removes it from all npc ships in that system. Completely. Probably forever. At least it did not recover after couple of hours of gameplay, according to my experience. So I have nothing to buy in my home system now.

Update - 12/09/17

In response to your feedback, we’ve rolled out an additional patch, covering the following:

Control scheme tweaks
Added the option to switch between the new Tethered control scheme and the previous Locked control scheme
Fixed a bug that caused the Tethered control scheme to be less responsive than expected for some players
Restored previous keybindings for ship movement and landing, however players can still bind Turn Left and Turn Right to the keyboard in the settings menu
Added inverted mouse movement for the new Tethered control scheme
Other fixes

In addition to the above control tweaks, we’ve also fixed the following:
Fixed an issue that could cause excess items to disappear when transferring items from large to small inventory slots (for example, from Freighter to Exosuit)
Fixed an issue that affected Freighter prices, all Freighters will now be appropriately priced
Updated conflict icons in the galactic map to represent difficulty level
Fixed hazard fullscreen effects
Fixed control issues which occur if you enter a portal with the quick menu open
Added Carite Sheets to list of known products in Creative Mode

2 Likes

Another small experimental patch is going out now - this includes the following:

• Players who find themselves a long way away from their mission destination can use the log to reset the mission and use appropriate local structures. The mission log will highlight missions with destinations over several thousand light years away with a red icon. Holding R3 or middle mouse over this icon will reset the mission at the most recent safe stage and allow progress to continue
  • Fixed an issue where some players did not receive all of the portal glyphs. If you experienced this, the next time you find a portal glyph, any that were previously missed should be restored.

When live, the 1.36 should fix the last bugs, event “exotics”.

1 Like

The 1.38 will come this week no detail yet but it’s time to make some back-up::

[Please read if you’re on Experimental] Save file upgrade in next patch
Hi everyone!

The following information is for people who are either already synced to Experimental, or plan on syncing to Experimental before our next patch

Later this week, we’ll be updating Experimental with patch 1.38. The main focus of this patch will be the introduction of a new save system, which should make managing your saves between modes much easier. As part of this update, save file formats will change -1.37 is forward compatible with 1.38, but 1.38 is not backwards compatiable with 1.37. In other words, you won’t be able to use your experimental saves with the current live version of the game.

If you are currently synced to Experimental, when this patch is downloaded and run, it will automatically upgrade your save files to 1.38 while also taking an automatic backup of your 1.37 saves. At this point, if you want to sync back to live you’ll need to use your backup saves. Just to be extra safe, you may also wish to take a manual backup of your saves now.

We’ll be creating a new Experimental thread as soon as this update goes live, which will detail these and other changes coming in the patch.

Many thanks,
Hohbes

6 Likes

Sounds like mission bugs are going to be dealt with no nonsense extreme fixing measures this time around… Small price to pay.

Thanks for the heads up. My Steam Cloud only had a couple of Kb left, so I had to delete my creative save, in which I had not done anything but some base build testing. This freed up about 2MB, after which I deleted the cache to end up with about 7MB free space. The cache will partly rebuild again, but it sure helped. Note: Mess with this at your own risk!

So I really hope this ‘Save File Upgrade’ fixes all those Steam Cloud issues people are experiencing. There appears to be a total of about 21MB available, but mostly occupied by this cache folder full of .dds files. Having multiple mode saves, is hardly possible as you will soon reach the limit. This is usually why uploading a base to the Steam Workshop will fail.

Why saving you cache ? Saves are in the folder at: C:\Users*name*\AppData\Roaming\HelloGames\NMS
“storage.hg” is your last save in normal mode (and 2 & 3 the nexts). 4 to 6 are survival, 7 to 9 permadeath and 10 to 12 for creative.

So if you want to play the nextExperimental in normal mode you just have to backup your storage.hg file in case of the Experimental backup wouldn’t work fine.

I am not saving my cache, but it is the cache folder within the save folder, taking up most space of the Steam Cloud storage.

The hold cache folder can be erased and will regenerate during the “initial flight” loading screen… It’s something you do as a way to be excessively safe when installing mods. Common practice.
Or is this another cache we’re talking…?

You are correct. By default it should rebuild the cache with INTRO_FEED_CACHE.JSON and INTRO_FEED_CACHE.MFT. During game-play however, it will accumulate image files .DDS and ends up becoming a rather large folder, with all of it stored on the Steam Cloud. I forced it to have it rebuild itself, gaining quite a bit of free space. It will grow again though …

1 Like

Guessing landmark discoveries…?
You do those?

Yes, I believe they are indeed images created for Landmark Discoveries. I do not care about them no longer showing, because the alternative may at some point be issues with the actual game data no longer being able to save correctly once the Steam Cloud has reached its max allocation. I only had 14kb left and I would hate to find out what will happen when it tries to save my game without being able to.

Edit: I am however not able to actually check the .dds files to see what images they are. They error for some reason, possibly due to encryption or game specific format. I do have several .dds viewers/plugins, but none are able to open them correctly. I do however see how it affects my Landmark Discoveries images in-game, no longer showing.

1 Like

Ah ok, i didn’t install mods yet, i wait for the stable 1.3 version before :wink:

Here is the last experimental patch

Changes currently on Experimental - 21/09/2017

New save system

In this patch we’re introducing a new save system, which should make managing your save files between game modes much easier. Here’s what to expect:

You will now be presented with 5 save-game slots (each of which can be used for any game mode) - your existing saves will be mapped into these slots
Selecting an empty slot will start a new game, allowing you to pick which game mode to play from the mode select menu
There are now 2 sub-slots for each save-game (instead of 3) - one for auto saves, and one for manual saves
Starting a brand new game with no existing saves will take you directly to mode select
Note: while 1.37 saves are forwards compatible with 1.38, 1.38 save files are not backwards compatible with 1.37. For this reason, when you first run 1.38, an automatic backup of your 1.37 save file will be stored in your save folder, in case you wish to return to 1.37. See this thread for more info: [Please read if you're on Experimental] Save file upgrade in next patch :: No Man's Sky General Discussion

Other changes and fixes

Improved the accuracy of text describing planetary weather
Storms on humid/lush planets are no longer toxic; humid/lush planets now have a chance of their rain being very hot.
Made the temperature range of dead planets more varied
In-flight weather effects now vary in strength based on height
The Analysis Visor can now be used to scan farm plants and see the remaining growth time
Analysis Visor can scan ships to determine their class, type and value at a distance
The Analysis Visor can be used to see the approximate distance of resources discovered with the Scanner
Added error message when no outpost is found by the economy scanner
Added the ability to skip black bars when discovering a planet or solar system
Fixed an issue where some delivery missions would continuously tell players to visit other systems
Fixed an issue where the requirements to complete some missions could change as you spoke to NPCs
Prevented the cursor being reset to the center of the page as you switch between pause menus
Fixed scaling issues with creature feeding icons
Fixed an issue where mining units would occasionally incorrectly produce Heridium
Prevented mining units being placed inside each other
Fixed an issue where base parts, including storage containers, built outside the base building radius in unlimited building mode would not be transferred when the player moved to a new base
Trade outposts now provide hazard protection
Added a chance for pirates to spawn earlier than usual when a player warps into a certain systems, to add more variety to exploration and trading
Fixed an issue where the terrain manipulator audio would occasionally continue after terrain editing completed
Fixed an issue where the terrain manipulator hologram would remain in one location after subtracting from the terrain
Fixed an issue where the terrain manipulator would occasionally create longer lines than intended
Fixed an issue where the ship crosshair would appear at incorrect times
Fixed the Upload All button on the discovery page not deactivating after being used
Corrected button prompts in the ship combat wiki
Restored Spectral Class to the galaxy map text
Galactic map now respects user mouse sensitivity settings
Galactic map now respects user control inversion settings
Prevented trade terminals having a negative quantity of stock
Made trading terminal stock values replenish over time
Separated stock levels for trading posts and space stations in the same system
Lush biomes in survival mode occasionally exist without an aggressive sentinel presence
Reduced cursor UI slowdown when using a pad
Prevented users occasionally falling outside the trading post platform when exiting their ship
Prevented traders from attacking pirates which are far out of their range
Fixed an issue where NPC ships would stop outside the entrance of freighters and space stations in systems with no trade routes
Improved NPC ship target selection in space battles, prevented them reacting to accidental player fire
Fixed an issue where smaller freighters and containers could not be destroyed
Added exotic ship audio for AI and NPC ships
Added ability to transfer items to and from containers in your base or freighter
Corrected Roamer and Rover inventories appearing incorrectly in the transfer window
Added protection to allow the Mind Arc step of the Artemis story to be completed even if a player deletes their base
Fixed issue where a blue eye icon would occasionally appear over the crosshair
Added tooltip text to explain the planet icons on the discovery page
Fixed an issue where the Space Anomaly could remain in the player’s home system indefinitely
Added ability to sell items from ship cargo slots at terminals
Fixed an issue with dismantling tech on ship compare screens not correctly destroying the tech
Added ability to transfer items from cargo slots during maintenance interactions
Fixed an issue where unbinding a key would exit the control menu
Fixed an issue where selecting a new key binding could accidentally result in it being set to a mouse button
Improved trading by giving NPCs independent stock levels
Fixed an issue where the Space Anomaly mission had no objective text in the log.
Made NPCs who give directions refer to a wider spread of locations
Added ability to rebind the discard key
Fixed an issue where some players who should have been able to restart distant missions were unable to do so

The experimental version can be accessed using this access code: 3xperimental

871 MB, not a small one :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I couldn’t even finish the list. THIS SOUNDS AWESOME! So many fixes for so many issues. I love you HG :kissing_heart:

2 Likes