Outlaws and Planet Side Attacks (spoilers blurred)

A space for the space outlaws in all of us. Have fun and enjoy! Please blur spoilers for now.

Trigger Under A Rebel Star by pulsing around a system until yiu receive a communication

5 Likes

SEEN TRAILER, NOW PRIVATE, NO BLOG, STEAM UPDATED

I think that…

• pirates should attack us while flying across planetary surfaces.
  • when they attack us in space and we try to escape through a planetary atmosphere, they should follow us down to the planetary surface.
  • when they attack us while flying across planetary surfaces and we try to escape through the atmosphere, they should follow us into space.
  • all the same should remain true of sentinel starships.

This ensures low-level flight is realistic and interesting.

FURTHER, THIS WAS CLEARLY SHOWN IN EARLY TRAILERS

I think that…

• asteroids should be disabled from constant pop-in while we operate our pulse engines.
  • some ‘anomalous space encounters’ should require additional space flight to reach, not simply pop-in right in front of our starship once we cut our pulse engines.

This ensures space-flight is realistic and interesting.

WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, IT’S TIME FOR SOME OUTLAWS

2 Likes

Sean Murray is speaking…

6 Likes

5 Likes

Posted on NMS FB

2 Likes

I experienced a raid on a planet on steam deck this morning. Was so fun! I got strafed.

5 Likes

More ship slots :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Everybody all the time: “Give us more ships!”
HG: “Here’s an all new ship type! also, capes.”
Everybody: “Whooooo, capes!”
:rofl:

This sounds pretty dope. The only thing I’m slightly disappointed by is that the new story seems to be tied to an expedition exclusively, but that’s minor. Also, not sure what to make of “moar ship slots!”. I mean, cargo space is a dime a dozen already. But I’ll survive.
I mean, Woooooo, capes!!

4 Likes
4 Likes

All ships now come with a high-capacity cargo inventory.
From the patch notes
A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy

9 Likes

I just want to know if there is some way to turn this off. once it hits live. This may be the death knell of NMS for me. (I hope not!) Combat has never been a happy part of my gaming experience.

I’m really happy with my new expedition 5 normal save and don’t want it buggered up by a new update.

3 Likes

NMS, even with combat improvements, is still a pretty tame and passive game. Most of NMS’s content is mostly optional and easy to avoid things your not a fan of such as turning off all sentinels on a planets. Seems to be a constant for HG’s update drops. So you should be fine.

3 Likes

I would not worry too much. They attack settlements, I don’t know about player bases. They do have regenerative shields, however, you can now recruit pilots and call them in when under attack. You might not even need to fight yourself. I have not recruited anyone yet but you purchase slots with nanites at your Freighter’s manage fleet console.

Here are some more screens. New ships, new Freighter/Frigate warp, and close ups of the Outlaw Space Station

Summary

6 Likes

Last hour of my workday. Let’s quickly look at what this notification is… what’s the worst that can happ— update? Trailer? Shiny sailboats? :star_struck: Thanks, how am I supposed to concentrate now lol…

Is it only a subset of ships that has sails or is that a functional upgrade for all?

3 Likes

Well that is a good question. The new ships come with the sails but here is what it shows in the ship inventory

Summary

4 Likes

Lore?

Summary

6 Likes

if you use a station override it also say the same as before counterfeit yada yada then it says the same GLASS GLASS GLASS thing.

Also station override is considered smuggled good now, and illegal. had a patrol ask me for it. didn’t want to part with it to see what happens lol

8 Likes

This…(repost from a twitter reply)

8 Likes

…makes me happy. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

So I just realized in my steam deck game, you officially trigger Under A Rebel Star by pulsing around a system until you receive a transmission

6 Likes