Origins/Next Generation (Updates and Patches)

Scrape up your pennies! Start a piggy bank! It doesn’t have to cost a whole bunch to have a decent PC…
I did not pre-order a PS5 or an XBoxX…just could not rationalize the cost atm. Waiting for a price drop in gpu which should come soon as there may be an announcement on the 6000 series Radeons. News about new cards sometimes causes a price drop in other cards…hoping…also, online Black Friday deals have already begun.

5 Likes

I could spare the money if I wanted it badly enough, but a new computer to play the one game I play that might make use of it… Nah, just not gonna happen.

4 Likes

Yea. Prices are going to drop significantly, if not already, for both gpus and cpus. I built my pc at the wrong time. Lol. If I would have built it now, I would have been able to build it for likely over 25% cheaper. If I waited a few more months, it would probably been about 50% cheaper.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Now, if only there was a mechanic to actually populate them…

3 Likes

That would be the dream. Ive still not given up on my wishlist item of being able to capture creatures and take em home. Really its just so I can build a structure filled to the brim with predator spiders

5 Likes

I was more thinking of inhabitants that might give the base some live and some functionality… Shopkeepers, questgivers, etc. You know, something that would make a player-created base feel like part of the game. Would give me some motivation to vsit the populated parts of the galaxies a bit. Currently player-created bases don’t feel like they’re part of the world, merely somewhere to get free stuff. Which is exactly what I don’t want, there’s way too much free stuff in NMS already…

4 Likes

Honestly, even as rich as I am, I’d love to see a lot more stuff, free and for sale.

On another note, that camera shake from those popping plants has to go. That really bugs me.

3 Likes

Yep I got your meaning :slight_smile: . Even some actions for the base overseer and his buddies would help with that. they could go walkabout instead of sitting on their butts all day.

3 Likes

Oh, and I forgot to add: Let me rent an appartment there with some storage space, so I don’t have to build my own base! I suck at building bases! :laughing:

5 Likes

Apartments, with storage.

That’s something that hadn’t even occurred to me. I was just hoping to see cities that were mostly graphical, that we could maybe visit as deeply as the Anomaly. Or at least a Space Station or Colossal Archive - I know, Celestial, but I’m having some fun at my own expense. :yum:

I think one little loft per Instance isn’t too much to ask of our beloved Team Mercury. Right? Right??

2 Likes

Can’t wait! I have a new PC on order just in time!!

2 Likes

Was checking out the Next Gen trailer again and noticed that floating Monoliths will be a thing.

9 Likes

I saw that too! I thought, all the updates and improvements and the buildings still float. :laughing:

4 Likes

I saw that too and instantly thought that it was just a glitched building since ive seen that dozens of times. But then I though, why would they leave that in there in the trailer? Accident? Or something new?

2 Likes

HG are probably so used to seeing floating structures, (just like we all are), that they didn’t notice they’d included it in the trailer.
I picked it up straight away & was watching it waiting for it to plonk down like they always do…but it didn’t. :smile:

4 Likes

Update question & observation:

• Anyone know what qualifies as a “high end PC?”

• I chuckled at some of the Enhanced vs. Ultra slider examples. I find that I prefer the Enhanced look. Maybe I’m the odd one.

2 Likes

I sincerely wish you would send that question to HG. As you can see, their requirements for NMS are in serious need of updating. If we took these specs as a basis for answering that question, we would be terribly incorrect.

I run an AMD FX 8350
16 gigs DDR3
MSI RX 580 8GB
I consider it maybe upper mid range. Honestly, with NMS, your gpu is the most important. Working on an upgrade. But even with what I have, there are no issues running NMS on Ultra settings. However, I do run tess on the lower settings because I don’t really like it on high.

2 Likes

@sheralmyst - Feedback submitted!

2 Likes

The real world one-ups No Man’s Sky.

7 Likes