NMS 3.5 - Prisms

Topic for NMS 3.5 Prisms update (Admins please adjust/merge as needed)

5 Likes

NMS Facebook post

7 Likes

That’s me, bottom right. Crashed freighters got bigger.

10 Likes

I must admit I can’t tell the difference in rendering between this version and last. Maybe because I’m in VR and got everything turned down mostly low. I noticed a bubble refracted a little bit when looking through it.

The new rain is nice though. Surprised it made much of a difference.

But the very best thing is being about to glide around on a butterfly - it’s so bloody relaxing.

10 Likes

My space stations look different. I haven’t noticed any other graphics changes, but I’m still struggling along with a GTX 1080.

4 Likes

I can finally see in my hangar bay. Used to be so dark I had to turn on my flashlight.

and the glass in these cuboid blocks looks a lot more like glass. So many nice little touches!

You can see it refracting and bending the look of the interior. So cool.

and the stalactites actually drip

10 Likes

Are landing pads not working at Archives for anyone else?

3 Likes

Is the bytebeat playlist bugged out for anyone else? I can add the 3 basic tracks (Havent gotten to adding a custom one yet so not sure if that works or not) but playing does nothing.

3 Likes

It worked on PS4. I added the one song that I had and it played fine. Guess I should finish it :roll_eyes: . Clicking on the preloaded songs only added them to the play list on the right. I had to hit the >| to go to the next song (and since it was stopped I had to hit play again).

4 Likes

Not noticing a huge aesthetic increase on PS4…:thinking:

Planets seem a bit more colourful at night & giant fungi appear a bit more shiny/slimey.
Starry skies are lovely & I really like that they move across the sky throughout the night. Nice!
Distant landscape features seem more crisp.
My Capital Ship windows have regressed 10000 years to a much more primative glass as I might have expected to find in a settlers hut. I hope they can handle interstellar warp or my bridge crew are going to be really cranky.
At least the new warp looks groovy. Very '70’s disco.
No nice reflective surfaces in any of the large space stations :sleepy: Was looking forward to that.
Noticed on a ‘skeletal’ planet, (with those cartoonish tree things), that cave entrances emitted a purple flickering light. Not sure if that’s new but it was a nice find.
Cave interiors seem more varied & interesting.

New ‘hairy’ critters look like their fur is made of toothpicks in the Discoveries window. (Quills?) Probably better on next-gen & I like the extra variety anyway.

Have NEVER played with the bytebeat thing but I like the idea of having my own music while wandering about. Might be time I got into that forgotten gizmo.

Been putting off getting a PS5 but this update (& long load times in general) are nudging me closer to an inevitable upgrade.

No complaints from me; I’m just happy HG are still pumping out updates & from what I see online, NMS now looks awesome on highend equipment.
Might just be time I upgraded.

7 Likes

Try the landing bay floor.

3 Likes

23 May:

2 June:

8 Likes

Me: OK, ship, land here, please.

Ship: Unable to initiate landing. Flying too fast.

Me: I slowed down. Land here please.

Ship: Landing sequence unavailable.

Me: Ah, it’s all those rocks and trees, isn’t it? OK, land over there.

Me: I see. It’s the pop-in. That was an open field a second ago. Fair enough, land over there.

Me: I’m SO FRUSTRATED. I’ve been floating round here for TEN MINUTES now. WHY CAN’T I LAND?

Ship: You’re flying a Space Station.

13 Likes

Woooooaaaaaaaah!..I’m gonna need a bigger computer me thinks. O.I

4 Likes

A planet I visited today had exploitable mineral deposits of basalt. I’ve never noticed basalt before - is this new?

4 Likes

I think basalt deposits were always possible on volcanic planets, but are not always available.

4 Likes

yeah basalt was added a while back. Thinking when they added the weather stuff…but memory is shit at moment lol

3 Likes

Basalt arrived with the Volcanic planets but I can’t recall ever finding a use for it.

5 Likes

I noticed that planetary rings are different looking now & laced with boulders throughout…is that new with Prisms or was that already there.
Fun discovery for me, either way.

4 Likes

I noticed rings being much more reflective. So pretty.

3 Likes