NMS Fractal

Installing Microsoft VC redistributable with this update. I will leave that for someone else to explain :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Interestingā€¦I donā€™t see the relationship to the snowflake.

5 Likes

I see the tie between Snowflake and the title ā€œFractalā€, but I donā€™t see how that ties to an expedition titled Utopia at all.

I still havenā€™t understood how the word ā€œEnduranceā€ tied into the frieghter update either so, maybe Iā€™m just dense :man_shrugging:

7 Likes
5 Likes

Perhaps the snowflake in reference to the new ship. It looks surprisingly similar to the ESB snowspeeder, which also skimmed across the surface.

6 Likes

The snowflake is obviously representative of the updates title. Just why the update was called that I canā€™t tell. Even less after reading the patch notes. Just calling it ā€œUtopiaā€ would have seemed more appropriate.

6 Likes
  • Introduced a significant optimisation for all platforms when loading large numbers of bases within a single system.

Are we inching towards the ever coveted cities?

7 Likes

So obviously this Expedition is testing the new opt for many bases by getting us to build on the same planets in one system. I have MP on but have encountered very few players. Very unusual for an expedition. I know they are out there. So many comms at the first waypoint then poof! Where is everyone?

7 Likes

I donā€™t know where they are but I can come online in Steam now (Europe close of business)

3 Likes

Posted by HG on LinkedIn

7 Likes

The 3rd planet is rough. Hilly with angry sentinels.

5 Likes

Oh no! I just saw your invite as I left the game. :laughing: I will be back. Gotta grab some lunch and take care of a few things. NMS has always heated my PC up but its on fire today. :laughing: So much heat!

Much better

5 Likes
5 Likes

That redistributable is causing issues in wine it seems

4 Likes

What, the VC redistributable? Iā€™d expect Vine to have those installed alreadyā€¦

3 Likes

Fixed a crash when running on Linux
Hitting experimental now

3 Likes

Sigh. And yet again ā€¦ Low chance I complete this expedition too. :frowning:

BTW, itā€™s interesting that the ā€œAā€ letters in FRACTAL are the Atlas glyph.

2 Likes
2 Likes

ā€¦ And the sentinel attack ships can fly right through mountains. Once your ship is under attack, you canā€™t land. Formations of enemies come out of the ground, shoot you, and disappear into a mountain. Impossible.

6 Likes

It is installed but I think the problem resides in GOGgalaxy 2. That doesnā€™t work very well on wine. And valve wonā€™t help there :wink:

3 Likes