Origins/Next Generation (Updates and Patches)

The Picard emoji probably links to Next gen consoles, I don’t see what the Vulcan greeting has to do with that though.

1 Like

Hmmm. “Live long and prosper” … related to added way to get Units and to Life/health impacts … or maybe to increased danger, with “long life” being a hope? Interesting.

3 Likes

I was thinking “Vulkan” as in the API since they use Vulkan now. Also, the new PS4 update has been improving load times so im guessing that this might included NMS at some point?

1 Like

The switch to Vulcan and perhaps update changes have resulted in reduced graphics for me. :cry:

3 Likes

It’s a gif of Picard winking at us… :wink:

1 Like

Hmmm… we all know that when he tweets like this, its for an update or some news. Next gen consoles are around the corner, ps4 recieved performance improvements, the PC world now has more powerful hardware for lower costs… and the NMS community awaits the fait of the game when newer hardware arives. Will it run on ps5 and xbox series x? Probably yes. Will the game get another update to take advantage of the more powerful hardware across all platforms? Time will tell soon.

2 Likes

GRAH! Now he’s killing me. I mean, are they planning the release of a named update just a week or two after the halloween update? I know it was “just” a development update, so it’s by no means impossible, but it would be a bit surprising.
And star trek references of all things… Those could almost mean anything, but generate quite a bit of anticipation!

3 Likes

63c3c6eda52530e9de1bd3eb1d3430ee

3 Likes
1 Like
9 Likes

oh the insanity :exploding_head:

…to next gen …and beyond…engage

4 Likes
3 Likes

4 Likes

Vast base building! I gave up on that due to the ps4 limits . :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I assume that is what we see in the pic above. The Celestial Archives make a great starting point for an actual city. Though in-game cities would be nice too…I assume this update drops when next gen consoles release…?

4 Likes
4 Likes

I reckon so. I’ll need to ignore everything till I can get my hands on a ps5. Im really kicking myself now for not pre-ordering when they were available

2 Likes

I may have to upgrade my PC…one more time. :smile:

6 Likes

Indeed. The new graphics cards and the coming processors look meaty. lots to look forward too for everyone.

2 Likes

Oh well, good for them. Not much in there for a low-spec user like me, unfortunately (never been able to play at even 1080p :laughing:), I’ll just be waiting for the next one…

4 Likes