Online Discovery Services

Are they down for everyone? Hope it is not the old Win7 issue again.

2 Likes

Looks like they’re down on PS4 as well.

3 Likes

Same on Xbox

3 Likes

My new save didn’t start getting messy until after I tried to upload.

Am I missing something or have they nerfed the UPLOAD ALL capability and put back that tedious one at a time upload method…?

4 Likes

Its still there for me. There should be a big upward arrow at the bottom right of the “Discoveries Timeline” in the discoveries tab.

2 Likes

Does it upload everything or just the planets & systems? All it does for me is glow when activated but nothing happens. Maybe its an online thing? It used to work offline and upload itself later when I turned NETWORK on and the planetary finds had their own similar thing.
All the plants etc requre a manual activation (round circle fills up and little arrow disappears)

Can’t say, I never upload my discoveries. There seem to be issues with the online discovery system, so maybe that has something to do with it. I’ll try it later when I get back on.

2 Likes

Ok I just attempted to use Discoveries and this is what I found. (PS4/Normal/non-VR {2.05})
If connected to the internet (NETWORK) a message repeated pops up informing me I’ve ’ lost connection to discoveries’.
Turning off internet stops this from repeatedly popping up.
The large arrow at the bottom of the planet listing appears inactive (although it glows briefly if you click X instead of â–ˇ).
If you individually cycle through the on plants minerals and creatures you can upload them individually and recieve a few nanites each time but there does not appear to be any way of uploading it all in one go unless that is what the big arrow will hopefully do…

3 Likes

Looks like it up for PC today.

2 Likes

Up on xbox

2 Likes

I had this same issue with the upload all planets button on day one of beyond with VR. I just assumed it was a VR GUI bug but also discovery services were all offline so I didn’t bother trying it again after that or since.

I have not attempted to upload any discoveries for this playthrough just to be clear.

As for the upload all creatures or upload all fauna button, I haven’t explored the discovery menu much so not sure if those buttons are gone now. Hopefully not :slight_smile:

One thing I did notice though was on Thursday night, I got to jump on for an hour and all my discoveries from Wednesday had completely disappeared, I could only see the one planet I landed on in the first system I jumped to in my new game, my starting systems discoveries were gone.

5 Likes