On my way, to the Pilgrim Star…

Entry #8
Have travelled in large bursts with only minimal exploration. S class starship ‘Apostle’ upgraded to THETA warp drive bringing its range up to 1357ly.
It has taken over as lead ship with the freighter called in behind.

Stopped to check positioning at
05ED:0081:01B0:0201
Adjustment to 66.3 degrees LofC required. 29 jumps remaining.

0614:0081:01A9:008D
Adjustment to 56.6 degrees LofC required. 18 jumps remaining

0623:0081:01AC:003F
Adjustment to 55.1 degrees LofC required. 13 jumps remaining

Stopped to refuel, acquire resources, teleport home and to hunt for freighter upgrade materials.
062C:0081:01AF:007A
Adjustment to 55.5 degrees LofC required. 10 jumps remaining

Notes: First occasion of requiring a small alterations to my course. Probably due to getting closer and because of dead-space zone needing to be circumnavigated. Still no omegon at stations or trading posts.

TAKING A BREAK AT THE BEACH

LOBSTER DINNER THAT FEEDS THE WHOLE VILLAGE

DETIRMINED TO LEAVE A COMM DESPITE EXTREME CONDITIONS AND FRENZIED SENTINELS

7 Likes

Holy Hell that’s huge!

More details, scanner size, predatory or not?

(There was a predator on another world I saw and it said it hunted insects but was coming right after me! What does that tell you?)

4 Likes

… that it saw you as an insect ?!?

4 Likes

Entry #9 The Arrival.
Have upgraded freighter to THETA level warp. Missing middle upgrade but have installed anyway. Optimum range 2196ly. Holy crap! Big improvement over what I started with.
After a few jumps it got confusing to verify bearings with sightline not constant in galactic map.
Stopped to check at
0639:0081:01B4:01E9
57 degrees LofC 4 jumps (freighter) 1 region below
And again at
0648:0082:01BA:0195
1 jump to target 101 degrees LofC direction change. (Slightly overshot destination).

Used varied warp drive sizing in plotter to narrow down distance away and soon found the large scattering of the Amino Hub and its sister regions.
Warped there but found no-one home on the contact system I chose.

Ran a contacts scan and the trawled through the hundred plus new listings but no luck.
_Used a You-Tube guide that referenced the system of Fantasia as a guide and soon found Starfall: The Pilgrim Star. _
Down below Amino Hub there is a large pinecone shaped cluster. Starfall is there, above the distinctive green star of Fantasia on the side furthest from the galactic core.
Warped in and found myself looking at the now decimated (1.3) fungal-mould world, made famous in the early days of NMS.
I had arrived.
Did the tourist thing of visiting the groups of comms, leaving one of my own and taking a couple of fungi-clusters as a souvenir to plant back home.

Notes: Massive jumps leave the galactic map trace-line hard to locate. Backing up a long way helps make it appear so you can line up the previous accurate jump and follow on from it.
Huge list in the discoveries listings to now tag. Did the notable ones along the way but none of the stepping stone systems. Might be an idea to do all of them each day in future.
Might now explore the remaining planets in the system and try to locate a couple of the noted bases in Amino, before teleporting back to Athern Station in Wayfarers Gateway ECSD system in the ETARC Hub.

ARRIVAL

THE FAMOUS PLANET IN ALL ITS MOULDY GLORY

SHIP SELFIE AMONG THE MOUNTAIN OF COMMS

TOOK A BIT OF THIS FUNGI AS A SOUVENIR

9 Likes

Entry #10 Journeys End.
After a couple of dud finds looking for interesting Amino Hub bases from players who have apparently moved on, I decided to try for the Amino Hub capital Amino Prime.
Took a while scouring the Ocopad Conflux looking for it but there it was, right at the top of the cluster.
Easily located the base and had my first other-player-in-a-ship experience while in the system. Couldn’t see them of course but I presume they were flying and then landed in their freighter.
Anyway,
The Amino Hub Hotel is quite an impressive structure. I stayed the night, left a comm to acknowledge them and then back tracked to my somewhat distant arrival point at
0648:0082:01BA:0195
From here I teleported home and thus ends my pilgrimage. I now want to do more long distance runs as I quite enjoyed that! Got a lot of leftover fuel thanks to the upgrades along the way.
Here’s a few final pics to wrap up this thread.
AMINO PRIME FOUND!

UNIQUE ARCHITECHTURE

COMFY ROOMS

ALL ALONE…SOMEWHERE

:vulcan_salute::rocket:

10 Likes

Looking at the AH Hotel and counting the cuboid rooms and wondering how they built so many I feel like half way through I would have hit complexity full… It’s those damn farms man… Such a complexity hog! Was struggling with the balance of my new base yesterday, trying to make a nice place for folk to stay but with some monetary incentive, I settled on 4 circuit boards and 2 explosive gels for the farm which left me with enough to make a nice farm building and a nice visitors lodge. Will be sharing it with you guys tonight.

Congratulations on what was a very productive pilgrimage, great fun watching you make it and who knew before you set off you’d come across what will no doubt become a very infamous Star-Chain.

1 Like