No Man's Sky Mods

@Dragonsire this may interest you…

1 Like

I’ve been poking around in the NGUI and IMGUI sections of the MBINs and really, I feel like instead of these references being left in for tools to be plugged into… HG just sorta exports the “Game View” from their engine or something, and removes all the engine bits. There are full blown window and editor settings and descriptions for IMGUI windows which line up with Pre Release engine window names.

3 Likes

hmm I was looking at something similar in reference to the Globals. There is a “Save File” Reference for each Global that will allow to save to MXML or MBIN

3 Likes

Oh thats very interesting… So the game exe has MBIN and MXML save methods, and can read and write to both file types? Damn why not just use simple MXMLs for the game banks, MBINC wouldn’t have to be updated…

On a side note, do you have the database IDA file you’ve compiled somewhere? Would love to mess around in it to learn more.

2 Likes

This is the folder I keep updating:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tXNqcSrdxMQyR9vkFappqgbKpa7oFItY?usp=sharing

3 Likes

Yeah there is a sub that literally checks to see if it should go to binaries folder or mods exported folder. So clearly they have tools to extract mods also. I believe the mbin write is so that it can import the xml files into MBIN then replace memorry since…it just mounts the MBINs as file system using PlayStation FIOS

Thanks! This is definitely gonna be an interesting digging session, if nothing else.

MBINCompiler has updated v3.90.0-pre2 :link:

Update for the Leviathan Expedition (3.90)
As always, this requires .net 5 to run.

3 Likes

MBINCompiler has updated v3.91.0-pre1 :link:

Updated for Steam Experimental 26/05

3 Likes

NMSSaveEditor has updated 1.10.2 :link:

Update (27 May 2022)

• Updated name mappings and items for NMS 3.90 (Leviathan)
4 Likes
3 Likes

NMS Save Editor updated:

2022-05-31 18;47;37

2 Likes

NMS Ship Customizer by Mjstral

Hello fellow traveller this message will change your life !
The most demanded feature for No Man’s Sky of all time, Ship Customization is here as simple to use Website/WebApp.
Easy click and select customization of parts and colors for ships/companions/multitools/freighters with visual preview finally !
This is the first version and it will be improved constantly. Use on desktop browser. Mobile version will come soon.

Link to Web App Ship Customizer: Page Redirection

Support me on patreon if you appreciate all my work on it: https://www.patreon.com/metaidea

For any help or further info, check their Discord :link:

5 Likes
2 Likes

Release for Fight Or Flight, a new Mod Leveraging the amazing NoMansSky.Api by Gurrenm to create a Logic based “emergency” cycle based on the player’s shield.

Allows Players To Harness Their Fight Or Flight Senses.
When a Player’s shield drops below certain thresholds (tracked live in game):

1. Weapon Reload Speed / Clip Size will Increase
  2. Hazard Protection Will Be Switched Off
  3. Melee and Speed Will Increase
  4. Shield Will Attempt To “soft-lock” to a percentage

This is the first in (hopefully) a long line of new, Logic based mods for No Man’s Sky

3 Likes

This is cool :sunglasses:

Nom Nom has updated version 3.90.0.29-alpha.29 :link:

Update Leviathan. Includes new items and the Leviathan frigate.

Notable changes in this pre-release:

• Updated mapping and database to game version 3.90.
  • Added the new Leviathan frigate type.

Full changelog here.

3 Likes

The problem I’m seeing with this is that the game is just too bloody active to maintain an API that has to hack itself into its memory. You need to rebuild that thing for every patch that touches the executable. I remember that there was such an API in the early days, but with the current update cycle, I don’t think it’ll be feasible to keep up, especially since you need a day or two after every update during which your mods won’t work, and that’s assuming that the developer will always get around to it…

2 Likes

COMING SOON

5 Likes

OMG!!! I love this! That first planet looks like Zelda has been loaded into NMS. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes