No Man's Sky MODS

An import/export system of creations would certainly be useful. You can then easily move your base, or create it in a more convenient location before putting it in place. With some additional changes it could also allow to make small creations or parts of a larger structure, to be added to an existing base. Maybe a shop at the Nexus where creations are shared with others? Would be a nice way to spend some Units.

When I first started playing NMS just prior to Atlas Rises, I actually thought that was what the Steam Workshop did. This was however not quite the case, although close. I had hopes they would expand on it, but instead they decided to abandon it completely with NEXT.

Either way, on PC with a save editor, it isn’t all that hard to share the JSON data for a base. Shouldn’t be too hard to create a tool which calculates the cost of parts either. Maybe have some mods work together to make this possible?

4 Likes

Yes, but it’s cheating. It breaks my narrative.

5 Likes

Understood. For you it’s cheating. For others it’s enhancement. :heart:

5 Likes

Oh, I’m not saying I mind others doing it, or being able to do it. But I’m mostly playing games for the sake of escapism, and if I can just put up a base for free without any kind of ingame investment it feels so out of place that it completely breaks any immersion.
Funnily enough, this is the major reason why I never touched a single game with microtransactions. If I have to open my wallet in real life to get something in-game, there’s no in-game narrative justifying its existence, so I don’t consider it worth having.
So being able to build bases out of preconstructed complex units while still having to pay the price for it would be a very intruiging feature for me.

5 Likes

mods are made by people that have a good vision of what the game could, should, might have.
The company has ears but the company does not hear.
The company has eyes but the company does not see.

That is where modders come in.

such as:

4 Likes

Ooh! intrigued Thanks for sharing that. :heart: I put a lot of hours into the original Morrowind.

@jedidia I understand what you’re saying. I guess I have a knee-jerk reaction (stupid of me) to the word “cheating” in the context of what is basically a single player game (with benefits). But that’s my problem; not putting anything on you.

I just hope that everyone is playing the game the way they most enjoy it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Now if some modder would make me a mod that forced the game to keep the changes I make to my Options, I would :heart_eyes: them!

2 Likes

Bethesda says they love, support modders

BUT

if the player uses any mod they are cheating, they made the saves to carry the letter M

Bunch of fnnnnnnng jerks full of “DUNG”

4 Likes

Cheater cheater…well…so glad NMS does not ostricize us. I have several save files. My Creative files are for building bases and taking chances on different mods for looks. However, for base building, it would be really nice to have all the QS items. Do you know how much QS it takes to obtain all the items? Something close to 60,000! :dizzy_face: I figure that if I have earned all that QS legitimately through the missions on my main save, then I have earned the right to it in my creative saves so…save edititor to the rescue. I figure, as long as I participate in the QS missions to help the community unlock new stuff, then what I do in addition to that is my own business. So yeah, call me a cheater. :upside_down_face:
( I also had to be in the hospital with my mom for the last 3 days. Sometimes life is not fair. If I could use a save editor on life I would totally do it.)

6 Likes

I always thought if you unlock a QS item in one save, you unlock them globaly? At least that’s what I’ve heard. It’s not like I ever bought many of them…

5 Likes

which i’ve done the same and feel the same.

If I done than all other saves will get the same lol

3 Likes

Nope. Not shared. It seems like it should be shared between files. That is why it does not bother me to edit them into my other files.

3 Likes

Unlocked items did get shared for a while, when QS was first introduced - then it stopped. I assume it wasn’t intended to happen, but was a bug that got fixed. :unamused:

4 Likes

Honestly, going by code structure, that seems unlikely. If it was intended to be save-game specific, it would be stored in the save file… which there is absolutely no reason to load anything from if another one is loaded. A bug that accidentally loads data from another save file seems extremely unlikely. A bug that left data in memory when you load a save and then load another one would be imaginable though, but I think people would have noticed if the items were only available if you already loaded another save in the same session.

It would seem more likely to me that them not being shared is a bug, and nobody noticed or reported it yet.

4 Likes

Sounds like a job for you :smiley:
https://hellogames.zendesk.com

4 Likes

Wouldn’t be the first thing I Zendesked, but in this case it doesn’t feel quite right since I don’t even have witnessed the issue first hand…

3 Likes

Have you guys heard of Zettamod’s No Man’s Sky section. Variety of mods for every occasion and need.

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum @EmaLopes and thanks for sharing! :grinning:

3 Likes

Though I appreciate another platform for mods, I would currently not recommend it. Even IF the downloads are up-to-date, the information certainly isn’t. This is due to the fact that the info for the mods I am seeing, is straight up copied from other platforms, mostly Nexus Mods, and often outdated. This makes me wonder if the actual mod authors are even aware of being provided on your platform. I could ask some of them, but I likely already know the answer to that.

So for best experience and up-to-date mods and info, I would recommend users to visit the platforms where the mod authors themselves upload to.

I do wish you good luck with the platform, hopefully see some improvements made, making mod developers aware of being mirrored, and actively seek out mod authors to join, for a better and up-to-date user experience.

4 Likes

Thank you for that insight @DevilinPixy. Mods have to be debugged and updated just like the games themselves. And I am sure the modders want to know where their work is.

3 Likes

At least the downloads I tested appear to not have been mirrored, you just get re-directed. Even more reason to go the source platform straight away.

2 Likes