NMS pernamently in beta! lol

At the risk of slipping off topic, I just couldn’t pass the allusions to two of my favorites: Vogon poetry had me in stitches, while wondering if a total perspective vortex would work in a limited simulation like this, even if only to annoy someone. The second one was a likely unintentional reference to Planetfall, a VERY old (but thoroughly enjoyable) game that included a recruiting manual with the subtitle “Boldly Going where Angels Fear to Tread.”

We are a species of wanderers with minds twisted by “Hitchhiker’s Guide,” “Planetfall,” and “Space Quest.” Of course we would be attracted to an unfathomable number of procedurally generated worlds.

Sorry, I just couldn’t help it. My mood was set when I looked up this morning and saw Orion, standing overhead, waiting for Eos, and I longed to be on my way to Betelgeuse. Of course, it had to be Betelgeuse. Rigel is just too long a trip.

3 Likes

No matter to what ya say on how this, that, is, from what I’ve read I understand most are not happy with Hello Games. They knew what they were doing.
Have you guys been doing the community projects or are you ignoring them?

Got things going again and I am headed once again with my main to the next galactic center.
When I get there, do you want the cords?
If so where should I post them?

CSFD

3 Likes

Yes. We have been doing the Community Events.
If you would like, you can start a new thread for Galactic Coordinates. I don’t think anyone has started one since Next. Just place it under the No Man’s Sky header like you did with this thread.

3 Likes

I would honestly be interested in what you’re reading these days…
Look, the thread title is not wrong. NMS is in continuous development. It’s essentially software as a service now, and yes, that means there’s always some bugs. Some people like games in continuous progress, and some don’t, I get that. But from what I can gather, most players are indeed happy about many of the changes. Not all of the changes, and not all are unhappy about the same changes, but overall NEXT has been received positively.

6 Likes

Your still welcome to post, old friend.
[ECSD HUB]: Citizen Science Frontiers Division CSFD NEXT
[ECSD HUB]: CSFD Address reporting... NEXT

You staying cool below the circle, maybe its a little to warm for you? :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

@Sir_oops, it is great. a couple of days of upper 60’s , wonderful,

half way to center, feels good to be flying through space again!

be safe,

3 Likes

That does sound nice, I think it has rained here for a mouth straight. Fall colors and rain.

Glad that your back, so you will continue your journey to the last galaxy? Awesome! What then?

2 Likes

Even though it rains 3 times or so a week, it is better than being along the Arctic Ocean.
I find it better because it has TREES!!!

lol

4 Likes