NMS NEXT Full Reveal!

Reading through all these now, will add them to the opening post soon…really amazing stuff…good to know that PvP is basically a trust system where you can only be bothered once you agree to join up with someone and if you don’t specifically agree to join with people you can’t be touched.

3 Likes

The update, called No Man Sky NEXT, doesn’t betray the spirit of the game. It is still meditative and calm, and hazards come in the form of toxic rain or freezing planetary conditions rather than hostile aliens or other players. There is nothing to shoot, nothing to conquer. You are still a tiny speck in an infinite universe – it’s just that now, you have some company. It is possible for players to attack each other or dogfight in space, but the game is designed for cooperation. Murray describes it as a “Star Trek away team vibe”.

11 Likes

I’m getting excited again. -every time I calm down something else pops up

3 Likes

For those concerned about your saves

Because we’re working through the tutorial bits we’re all doing similar activities, but Hello Games’ managing director, Sean Murray, explains that you can dip into multiplayer with friends or random travelers using any of your existing saves, across any of the game’s modes. “You can have played for a hundred hours. I can join you on your game and if I collect stuff or do stuff then I have that and that’s in my save when I go back to playing single-player.”

Go back to singleplayer - music to my ears

12 Likes

This sounds awesome! Thanks for the heads up.

4 Likes
10 Likes

Oh well, i was just hasty and now i’m totally hungered :rofl:

2 Likes

Holy s**t!! I’m speechless…

“While we’re on the subject of freighters, Murray points out that you can now land on them…”

:scream::scream::scream::scream:

So Darth. Now that PVP looks to be pretty much nothing and all this cool MP stuff incoming…you still plan on heading into the far unknowns? :smile:

4 Likes

Huh… So they might be going for something like a community-driven narrative. I think I don’t like that anymore than I liked it in E:D…

I’m thinking they will do more nms type stuff -like races or something -if it’s deliver 200 tons of something I won’t be participating

3 Likes

I don’t know to be honest…it all depends how it plays out…it does sound like the multiplayer will be separate from the single player so we’ll see. A lot of the rewards sound like small things for the community events and whatever…we’ll see how the multiplayer feels…people can attack each other once they join to play multiplayer so that I’m not keen on. Would be much better to just turn off players’ ability to damage each other.

If the “community events” are about x ammount of players doing x thing so many times without them necessarily having to do it together or potentially even in their single player games then that would be the best…ideal actually.

1 Like

Granted. But the interaction looks to be superbly immersive. I’m keen to give it a fair go.

2 Likes

It would be ideal if they did their “community events” much like Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag…where they’d say during a weekend something like “ok if everyone can take out so many of this kind of ship, everyone who participated unlocks this cool thing”…but you never saw or interacted with other people…it was just everyone doing this stuff in their own separate games. Or sometimes certain special ships spawned around that carried higher rewards…that sort of stuff but everyone kept to themselves.

2 Likes

Well I am sure the advice still applies

2 Likes

Those tweets are from before launch apparently…

1 Like

:rofl:…I love twitter…:scream:

1 Like

These tweets are from before launch :wink:

2 Likes

Even older than I thought then…wonderful.

1 Like