NMS NEXT Full Reveal!

Wow… Sean says hello! :smile:
Really interesting stuff, thanks for that!

1 Like

Listening to Cobra. He saw actual gameplay last night and says it is amazing!

2 Likes

Yeah but right now the audience is limited…mostly journalists and a handful of people who got one early…the griefers are not likely in yet…from what I’m reading I am severely concerned…letting people just teleport to a random player base to drop on unsuspecting players like that, and it’s really unclear about how opting out of stuff works…it sounds like it’s either PvP enabled or no multiplayer.

I don’t want to disable base sharing…I don’t want to totally disable multiplayer…but I don’t see how I have much of a choice here.

3 Likes

Hopefully you can keep some of the stuff while still disabling seeing people, like I’d like to still be able to see the balls of light but I doubt that’s still going to be in the game.

3 Likes

From what I am reading, they state that the game starts with the ability to run into others turned on by default. You can turn that off. Sounds like you either will see others or you won’t see anyone at all. Almost sounds like playing offline.
I am also wondering, with multiplayer on, it sounds like you can play alone and randomly run into people, or, at any time, you can jump into a party and co-op,then,jump back out whenever you like.

Yeah, I’m going to miss our little orbs.

4 Likes

I wonder if we can choose the ball of light as our character model? (doubtful)

3 Likes

Nope. I think we shall be farewelling our Atlas Rises orbs for good. Would be nice though…

2 Likes

How HG has responded to the community’s requests and desires for game improvements is actually rather amazing. Many things will be added in NEXT, but so far it looks like the heart of the game will remain intact. Every time I start the game (over 1500 hours of play) I still feel the sense of wonder and pull to see what is over the next hill or in the next system. I look forward to discovering all the new things and new moments of wonder. And maybe, sometimes, sharing those moments of wonder with others.

8 Likes

I had a thought… I have the game on Steam on my main PC. Say I bought the game on GOG as well and installed it on my laptop… I wonder if I could team up with myself that way. Or even if it would be a useful idea.

Has anyone else considered doing this?

2 Likes

Yeah I hope everyone who wanted to got to put a monument down on some planet. I know I got to with one friend who I actually kind of wanted to play with.

Me likey this muchly

I’m a huge fan of this game from day one to the current iteration. But this actually make me silent scream at work and hop up and down in my seat. A 37 year old man acting like a kid about to open the big Christmas present. But that’s what this video from Khrazegaming did to me. If you haven’t heard about any of the newest new goodies yet, or you have and just want to hear about them again (to increase the hype to massive levels) here is the link:

I think my face is actually flush right now. I’m gonna go get a glass of water…

6 Likes

We’re all children on the inside :wink:
And today was Christmas, NMS style.
:santa: By Santa Sean’s beard :santa:

5 Likes

My biggest concerns about NMS going forward are a) it looks like all the online events will not include any players outside Euclid, b) if players outside Euclid can’t participate in the online events they might just not be able to earn the new form of currency at all and not be able to access any of the content it can be used to buy, and c) that if PvP can’t just be disabled without entirely disabling multiplayer it will ruin the multiplayer entirely.

I feel like Sean has way too much faith people to behave and be decent with each other…that’s one of the appeals of leaving euclid…once you’re out of Euclid you are among the top 5% of players that warped 60 times or more…these are the people who really like the game for what it is and there’s far fewer griefers among them than among the general population.

2 Likes

The fact that everything seems to be revolving around Euclid Galaxy has been niggling at me a little, too. You bring up some good points.

I was wondering at the possibility of HG removing all the other Galaxies, but I don’t think that’s probable.

One possibility is that we well be able to use those Frigates to bop between galaxies. Just a thought.

Edit: Another possibility is that if we are in a group we may be able to teleport to friends in their galaxy. All pure speculation of course.

1 Like

I think the main reason they are concentrating on Euclid is they’ve said that the vast amount of players are still in that galaxy. I would imagine they expect that to spread over time.

The game is vast, so it may take another year or two before players spread out, or if they make it easier to travel galaxy to galaxy, then we may see that happen sooner.
Just wait and see. We need the game to stay as big as it is, thats the appeal for many players (me inc). :slight_smile:

I’m a good bit older than you and I feel the same… :wink:

1 Like

Love these tweets

7 Likes

It’s been two years…time isn’t the problem…the problem is most people just don’t play very long. Less than 5% of the player base has warped 60 times for that trophy…so most people who own the game are and will forever be in Euclid…to the average casual who is incapable of developing any sort of medium to long term plans the center just seems impossibly far away and trying to do the main quest is also way too hard for them…it’s beyond infuriating to watch them listen to the ship’s incoming message alert for 10 bloody minutes and asking “what’s that” and they just can’t figure it out. For the most part most people just don’t play very long and aren’t very competent…if something isn’t just given to them they’ll never get it.

There is an interesting sentence here…starts with ‘at launch’

meaning it could change?

4 Likes