NMS NEXT Full Reveal!

I saw that too…so it looks like walkers aren’t confirmed to just roam around…we may still not be able to be able to find any without reaching a 5 star wanted level to spawn them in. But it does confirm that sentinel aggro doesn’t transfer to other members of a team.

As for suggestions that multiplayer could change…sure that can change but he’s not confirming that more than one team can coexist…which everyone sort of assumes that at least two teams of four could see each other and communicate. Though we have seen five players in one shot in the trailer…could that just be an error? Something left in from when NEXT was in development? No idea.

1 Like

I don’t see any reason why it couldn’t change in the future. Baby steps for now though.

1 Like

Hopefully since this is all new they’ll learn as they go and we’ll be able to turn off certain aspects of multiplayer.

That’s not happening…for the masses it’s the same for pretty much all games across the board…the longer objectives are achieved by almost nobody and even simple short games are completed by less than half the people who start them…anything that requires more than say 20 hours out of people is a lost cause. According to Sean the average play time of NMS was 45 hours…but that’s heavily skewed because the dedicated player base has upwards of 500 hours with 5% over 1000…so you have 10% of the player base put in the playtime of 75% when calculating averages. Any sort of long term objectives, forget about it…not going to happen for more than a small minority.

I warped over 60 times before I left Euclid. :worried:

1 Like

Yeah…it’s about impossible to leave a galaxy without warping at LEAST 60 times…likely much more than that.

Does anyone know if we will be able to change the colour of our ships, exocraft or freighters?

It’s not confirmed, but the trailer shows an exocraft in a different color, so it’s reasonable that at least those are customisable.

1 Like

There is a short snap in the trailer for NEXT that shows a green exocraft so yes…we can change exocraft color…no clue about freighter color.

1 Like

Doesn’t look like it presently, i think they still very much want us to hunt down that dream ship and continue to share system locations for nice ships, it adds some layers to the whole thing but I understand people really hate that aspect.

We can definitely confirm exocraft have custom colours from the trailer :slight_smile:

Still dreaming the Rocket League devs will add a roamer model with an atlas anntena some day :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So who thinks we will get the patch notes and an actual FULL reveal today? Would sort of make sense since a bunch of people will be playing the update at midnight…

Atlas Rises gave us the patch notes a day or two early, correct?

1 Like

I don’t think we’ll get the patch notes today because today we got this…they won’t bury it until it’s time to close the Mercury process tomorrow.

3 Likes

Good point, didn’t realize they had a new post on the site. Tomorrow morning then, probably, with the update rolling out at different times during the day in different regions to keep the servers from going up in smoke…

2 Likes

Physical copies available in South Africa

4 Likes

Ness-it's-happening

11 Likes

I have been giving this a lot of thought after observing the galaxy atlas and contemplating pvp. I generally feel the focus on Euclid is temporary as the maximum amount of players will be in Euclid i feel it will expand as we chart more and more. Leaving the other galaxies gives them time to see how pvp and griefing goes while giving those who want to be solo a place to stay away from all the influx of new players. Then we can identify those behaviors that are negative. Sean seems more inline with a solo mindset, I would be surprised if he betrayed it.

1 Like

Hype train warp drive…engage…

I dedicate this to all the NMS naysayers…the joy of repition really is on you :nerd_face:

3 Likes

The official site looks nice today!

Party time!

5 Likes

Any one knows what time the expansion will be available?

1 Like

Not really.
I know that there are some indications that a time in about 4 hours from now is believed to be the time that NEXT will be released but other than that it’s a bit of a guess.
Keep an eye on the NMS website as typically patch notes go up shortly before.

4 Likes