NMS NEXT Full Reveal!

Anyone else booked Tuesday off work? :grinning:

2 Likes

Tuesday ? The rest of the year :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Haha I wish, I have Tuesday and Wednesday off.

1 Like

Working on it. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Might be photo mode. In a multiplayer environment, stopping time in photo mode wonā€™t be possible anymore.

I would book wednesday if I was you. We donā€™t know at what time the download will go active.

3 Likes

An educated guess for PC players would be 4pm UK time, i could be completely wrong and will be there from midnight watching people stream and waitā€¦

2 Likes

Yeah something like 2pm to 7pm UK time is roughly when updates release.

2 Likes

That would be ā€˜ambient modeā€™ which has been in the source since forever. Not that hard to activate either, simply using a save game editor.

2 Likes

Yes I did think that, at least Iā€™ll have all day Wednesday to play, cheers.

This proves Gek is a player. Heā€™s using an emote, thereā€™s no reason to program AI to emote.

1 Like

I gotta say from the trailer gameplay footage it looks like whoever was playing as the Gek for the recording was the team leaderā€¦if I had to take a blind guess Iā€™d say that was Sean playing that beautiful Gek bastard.

6 Likes

Knowing Sean, that is very very likely :grin:

Though I still like to believe the AI travellers that we meet do have some life to them.

1 Like

Whichā€¦hopefully we do meet more named AI travelers besides the echoes of dead onesā€¦though that would likely require a story expansion but if NEXT had a story expansion I think they would have said something along the lines of ā€œanother xx hours of story addedā€ in the blog detailing the expansion. Maybe they just wanted to keep it super secret but for the time being Iā€™m not expecting more story. Iā€™d be happy to be wrongā€¦though one of their lore writers did mention heā€™s happy to have written some stuff for NEXTā€¦still, could just be a bit of lore.

The only lead we have is this:

teration #2394829084924924924G

SCENARIO: Iteration #231187661T [Transferred | Deleted]. Probable boudnary separation failure. Vessel [16] emptied. [Sentinel Intervention | Deliberate Transfer] Unknown.

DIAGNOSTIC: ā€¦ // NO CONNECTION

ANALYSIS: [-----] Awaiting Fresh Iteration. [Anomaly] Containment Prepared.

BROADCAST Or LEAVE

Position logged. System Integrity Scan Initialised. Anomaly is Compliant.

2 Likes

No loot boxes, no micro transactions

10 Likes

Bases can now be built anywhere - and I mean anywhere. Underwater, up mountains, on floating rocks. Itā€™s worth scouting for the most impressive location.

Bases can now be built out of up to 20,000 individual pieces, meaning you can build giant, sprawling complexes - we saw one with buildings at the top and bottom of a ravine, with a staircase that took minutes to climb between them.

Edit 1
You can change your look at any time from a new terminal. That terminal can be found in every space station, and can be built in your bases and freighters.

You can change your helmet, suit, even your species. Changing to a short species like the Gek will lower your first-person view appropriately.

9 Likes

Thanks for that, I added it to the opening post. I hope the weekly events arenā€™t all strictly and only for Euclid.

2 Likes

I may have missed it but was there any news on ship or exocraft editing, will you be able to chose the colour of your ship?

1 Like

They showed a red and teal exocraft in the trailer- hopefully that points to ship colors as well

2 Likes

I do like me a bit of teal, cheers :grin:

3 Likes

Mountains tower above undulating valleys, populated by towering trees, larger architectural ā€œpropsā€, and notably improved fauna. Creatures feature more nuanced animations, improved AI, and a broader range of sounds, all of which help sell the illusion of life just that little bit harder.

8 Likes