NMS NEXT Full Reveal!

It’s definitely a robot. The top part displays some mechanical aspects to it. Do you think we would be able tot use them to protect our bases?

3 Likes

Yeah it does look organic…if not a sentinel or related to the sentinels it would be a bit convenient for it to just just happen to appear in that screenshot but no idea…looks interesting. But it could be some weird walker-like wildlife though I doubt it.

3 Likes

It would be cool if we could have pets.

3 Likes

I suppose anything is possible but hard to say…the blue lights on the back of the walkers seem new though admittedly I don’t recall having the opportunity to have a good look at the back of still functional walkers. No idea if they’re player controlled or maybe even driven by players or just patrolling but at the moment I am more inclined to think they’re patrolling.

3 Likes

Another thought I had: I notice they are not showing the interface anywhere in the trailer. (perhaps it’s there and I didn’t notice it.

I kept looking for the bars on the left that show your hazard stuff and then I realised that it shows on the circle on the backpack.

Much more immersive if the info one needs is on the backpack, yet I’m wondering now what the actual game interface looks like.

3 Likes

I guess those will be a pain in the a… to kill… probably better to run, or take them down together… like smal improvised raids!

Edit: refering to Darth picture, on the creature/walker-thing

5 Likes

Umm no…they’re ok…in 1.3 you can definitely take on several walkers by yourself late game…with all the shield upgrades and an S class alien multitool they’re fine. I took out three or four walkers, a couple of dogs and a few flying eyeballs without really being in danger. The new walker might be a bit tougher but should be doable solo.

1 Like

No I meant the the monster! The one that is covered by the Walker’s leg!
I was just wondering that it could be nice to have some creatures that you can’t win against by yourself

1 Like

I think the UI will have options since you wouldn’t see the back of your pack if you play in 1st person…I personally prefer 1st person whenever possible.

2 Likes

I disagree…I completely disagree. Not everyone wants to play with others and for a game that has been single player and whose fanbase stuck around because they enjoyed single player, it would be just terrible game design to lock content behind multiplayer only…especially something as egregious as enemies you normally run into to be artificially boosted in an effort to force multiplayer on people.

2 Likes

Your vigorous reaction doesn’t suprise me much…
So yeah… whatever man! :smile:
It was just a thought!
But I guess you are right when you say that people doesn’t want to play with other people.
I’m more like a friendly person so that fits good with me :grin:

3 Likes

Let’s roll with the idea of forced multiplayer enemies that you MUST have a squad to beat for a bit…how extreme would an enemy have to be to be untoucheable by a perfectly kitted and optimized solo player? Pretty damn tough…now consider that over 90% of the player base of any given game are mostly casuals…these are people who are never likely to even see and S class Alien multi-tool or have all the tech blueprints to properly optimize its damage output and they probably won’t have max shields either…and to even get there it would require an investment of dozens of hours, possibly hundreds…most people don’t play that much. An enemy that is too much for a perfectly optimized solo player would completely trash most squads of four players…and even then…the optimized solo player will find a way to beat it. It all depends how much a developer would be willing to push the the anti single player and how much they’d be willing to ruin the game for all the multiplayer people to make absolutely sure that the solo players are feeling absolutely forced to play multiplayer. It would literally ruin the game for both the single player and the multiplayer crowds. That would also greatly limit how many people you could even team up with…because there aren’t that many fully kitted out players out there. It would also make most galaxies besides Euclid and maybe Eissentam untouchable.

You know, I disagree with the title of this thread. This was by far no “full reveal” of NEXT.

This might’ve been the juicy bits that the most of the people (and journalists) want, thus their focus on multiplayer.

I think we’ll get further details, maybe even trailers, covering the “less famous” features, which will be more appealing to those who are rather interested in the exploration / narration part.

3 Likes

To be honest they probably revealed as much as they’re going to…when it comes to HG they probably won’t reveal everything even in the patch notes to be honest here. But for the most part it’s close enough…we likely know about all the major features at this point and we have a good idea about the rest. Some bits are still slightly unclear but for the most part we know what’s going on.

Also i think this was just a teaser from WT, the full narrated trailer that we’re accustomed to should come after the Extraction

3 Likes

To be honest I don’t think that the narrated style trailer we’ve seen before would have worked here…the voice on there was too cringe inducing to work as a proper trailer for new players and platforms. We might still see one like that at release but I don’t think it would tell us much more than the trailer and blog we got now do.

1 Like

In the very last seconds of the trailer, the camera pans out and away from the little Gek on board the mother ship.
Do you think this some sort of in-game animation or just trickery using the camera settings.
All the footage seems to be player based, not animated fill in.
What do you guys think???

4 Likes

Gotta be camera trickery because the camera pans back quite far…if there was a player ship from that point of view we would have seen it. I think it was probably an implementation of that camera mode that modders found in NMS a while back…let me see if I can still find a link about it.

No, I can’t seem to find it right now…a long time ago there was a story about NMS modders having found a weird camera game mode, don’t remember the exact name…but the whole mode was just controlling a free camera and they could move around the galaxy completely unrestricted…there was no saving in that mode either iirc. That’s all I remember of it…never really looked much into it nor tried to use it.

2 Likes

Ok cool. Never heard of that.

I was wondering if it was maybe a sort of blend animation for when you warp off with the fleet or something.
Either way it looks great… and kinda reminds me of the cut away scene at the end of Empire Strikes Back when the Falcon leaves.

2 Likes