NMS Memories - Pics, Vids & Stories before NEXT

It was a great planet and I spent ages there wandering around, island hopping and sightseeing. That’s probably my most complex base I ever made. I would have done more but that’s at 100% in the video. It is a very calming peaceful game which is what I bought it for actually. I’m not very good at fast shoot-em-ups. I have low vision so watching early trailers and speculation videos made me want to pre-purchase this. My vision is slowly getting worse but i’m still enjoying the game. This is one of the few games I can still get a lot of play out of and I’m thankful to Hello Games for making it.

2 Likes

Yeah, i’ve had my wonderful moments in this game too and I agree, what a calming and peaceful game this is…
Well, if Next is too much focussed on multiplay, I always am able to go back to Atlas Rises, as I made a secure savegame on a usb stick. And of course the original Atlas Rises update, so I can start all over again in the current version.
Maybe we older gamers got the better share of it now and the younger ones are in for a treat :grinning:

4 Likes

This is back in vanilla, I somehow managed to discover Omegon in form!
No Man’s Sky wiki posted my image!

9 Likes

now my most epic planet find in Atlas Rises, is pure green grass, this looked so beuatiful, wish i had saved the coordinates ;(

7 Likes

I think you’re right about the multiplayer crowd getting a treat. I also think that HG won’t abandon the explorers who just want to keep their noses clean. Even if multiplay is the only mode and heavily focused on, I think the galaxy is so big that finding a quiet corner to settle down in won’t be too hard of a prospect. I’m not afraid of multiplayer. I have no problem getting blown to bits a few times (as long as I don’t lose too much in the aftermath) but if it gets too rowdy i’m movin’ on to greener pastures! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, I have two choices now: On the PC I played offline sofar and I intend to continue that.
But now that I own a PS4 too and my grandkids play games on it (also NMS) I think am going to start a creative mode and start playing with them… Don’t know yet how this will work out. I know already that I need a PS Plus subscription to play with others. But how secure is the server? Maybe rent a server myself?
It’s an adventure in itself at my age :grin:

4 Likes

I’m only on PC. I know nothing about a PS4. But I do have a 3 yr old grandson who likes to ‘play the spaceship game’! He likes flying around in NMS, shooting rocks and hearing the Gek make funny noises! :smile:

He also loves to crash the cars on “the car game” which is BeamNG.drive.

4 Likes