NMS Fractal

Yes. I was extremely happy to find out I didnt need a new controller.

5 Likes

I just got around to checking on my settlement. I built quite a bit around two buildings and a landing pad. Those looked the same but I did notice some additional carpets that I think were not originally there before.

As for the rest, two buildings for sure changed. I had a structure floating in the air above the settlement for an elevated farm and it stretched across the roof of two buildings. Now, no buildings weā€™re attached at the ends but two buildings are underneath it and now protrudes through the floor . That buildingā€™s layout looks familiar though, it looks like the one I already had and it just moved over towards the center. In addition, the interior is fully furnished now when it was empty before and the bits on top of the roof are different. Thereā€™s carpets, tables, chairs, sofas and more. One table almost blocks a door. The other building that my elevated farm was connected to is now a marketplace and the flags and antenas protrude through the floor from the other end.

Also, I remember having two marketplaces but I donā€™t remember having 4?

Update: I just realised I had a small building in front of my main landing pad that I built to look like a ā€œhangerā€ and has a great view of the settlement from where the ship lands, now there is a towering marketplace blocking the view :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Maybe I better take a closer look at my settlement. I hope the laundramat is still functioning. :sweat_drops: :bubbles: :smile:

4 Likes

ā€œClean clothes, clean ā€¦ā€

Nope. That doesnā€™t work.
:grin:

2 Likes

Still sudsy!

market still open

Prices still high

New cinema still playing movies

All seems normal in Tinterettoā€™s Basin

10 Likes

Something standing in the way of a nice view, or having a window but not facing the view, is for me the most typical feature of procedural generation. :laughing: Itā€™s a bit blind and canā€™t see its context.

Iā€™m watching a stream of a hobby developer who has spent the last ten years trying to calculate human interpretations of the generated landscape (such as, this could be a field and that could be a harbour), just for fun, but not very marketable (work cost per time) I assume.

In my main village, only one building moved. Also there is a small crater, maybe someone dug up some salvageable tech. The console playerā€™s base is still there and the ground modifications have by now reset, so my poor villagers donā€™t have to step down and up into ditches anymore. :wink:

5 Likes

Research never isā€¦ And thatā€™s a ridiculously difficult problem heā€™s trying to solve there. What tech is he using? I imagine he didnā€™t start with neural nets 10 years ago, but itā€™s probablythe only thing with a chance at a solution. But oh, the datasets youā€™d need for thatā€¦ And thereā€™s no chance to use it for real-time analysis in the foreseeable future.

6 Likes

Since I completed the latest expedition, I can not really play NMS on PC with any reliability. The game crashes every time

2 Likes

Is that on Steam Deck? Or some other issue? Feel free to post some details in #nms-waypoint:nms-waypoint-bugs-issues , seen quite a few crashing issues reported

3 Likes

PC. Steam Deck seems to work fine.

3 Likes

Ah ok, some of what I have seen reported on Steam Deck may have to do with a Steam OS update to 3.4.6, although not verified. There could be something else causing a crash. Steam Experimental has fixed a few specific ones.

3 Likes

I just called at a space station, and all the residents were gathered around the teleporter, apparently having a staff meeting. After a couple of minutes, the meeting broke up, and they started walking around again. Iā€™ve never seen this before.

10 Likes

Mad Men scene!

3 Likes

Donā€™t you hate it when people are talking and then stop when you enter the roomā€¦ :unamused:

7 Likes