NEXT Patch notes - Steam Experimental [POTENTIAL SPOILERS!]

Sadly, clearing shader cache does not work…in fact, the effect seems to actually be worse. :sob: I guess I will step off of the front porch, warp away and see what happens.
EDIT: the effect has followed me.
EDIT again: I don’t know what happened with this latest update but, I have had to turn off tess and my game is experiencing so much lag it has become annoying. …feelin’ bummed.

Don’t panic… if this is on PC, maybe a graphics card driver update is available? Maybe one is coming? Sometimes that happens.

Did a clean install/update…:disappointed_relieved: Will wait for another update. If nothing fixes it, I can get next level up graphics card. I can’t go any higher after that without building a new PC…this is why I went console years ago and only returned to PC in the last few years.

Just sent to zendesk this little change ive noticed. The images for the waypoints have stopped showing up. Online services are active.

For Win7? No, there isn’t…

Extended support for win7 doesn’t end until 2020. Got a driver update yesterday…I wonder if my problem isn’t more of an AMD issue since there has been an issue since NEXT released. I know HG has worked on it but, it seems like something has gone slightly off the rails again.

Huh… I didn’t know extended support included third party drivers. Good for you! :slight_smile:

Well, I meant as long as microsoft supports win 7, others will as well…once microsoft stops, so will 3rd party support

New Steam Experimental [3223819] October 18, 2018 – 17:29:20 UTC

Steam notes:

Latest changes on Experimental (18/10):

• Further fixes to rectify getting stuck when exiting the starship.

• Updated mission logic.

• Updated text.

Develpment update: https://www.nomanssky.com/2018/10/development-update-7/

The Steam Experimental branch has updated!

Experimental Branch 01/11 (Steam forum)

Latest changes on Experimental (01/11):

• Fixed an issue where NPC dialogue could reset if the player’s inventory was too full to receive a reward

• Improved icons for underwater products

• Fixed an issue with biological horrors and jellyfish in Permadeath mode

• Fixed an issue with the hypnotic Abyssal Horror and clam in multiplayer

• Disabled gestures while on ladders

• Improved some underwater sound effects

• Fixed some rare crashes

• Fixed an issue where the interior of the science frigate could be missing

• Fixed an issue preventing building multiples of storage container 1

• Prevented an erroneous boost icon appearing while piloting the Nautilon

The Abyss - Version 1.7 released

For some reason, I found this one hilarious.

I imagined a weary traveler nearly overcome with exhaustion and delirium as he climbs the interminable ladder to his sky base. A wave of elation strikes him as he realizes that he has nearly arrived, so he breaks into a spontaneous dance. . .

I’ll leave the unfortunate traveler here rather than tarnish his memory any further.

I actually want to try this now, before this update goes live for us all :rofl:

My thoughts exactly. I didn’t realize that this was possible.

Just tried emotes on a ladder, somewhat disappointed with the result. Nothing out of the ordinary happens, besides floating next to the ladder. Any animation that normally loops, only plays a single time or gets cut short. No real issue, nothing totally weird as I had hoped for :disappointed_relieved:

Some images

Barnacles! I am gonna stick them all over, :smile:

We’re getting close to a new update. The Steam ‘internal’ branch has been updated:

Gotta envy those with access to it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Steam Experimental [3334993] November 26, 2018 – 17:11:09 UTC

Latest changes on Experimental (26/11):

• Fixed an issue where the Farmer would request that Coprite was planted without the player knowing the Coprite recipe.

• Fixed an issue where the Farmer would teach the wrong Nip Nip recipe.

• Fixed an issue where commas were missing from some large numbers in mission notifications.

• Fixed an issue where some of the new hazardous flora would not appear on certain planet types.

• Fixed an issue that could cause Big Ball to become permanently stuck in a refiner output (this fix prevents any new occurrences, existing blocked refiners continue to be blocked).

• Fixed an issue that caused too few crates to spawn near buildings.

• Fixed an issue that prevented grenades from firing while the Blaze Javelin is equipped.

• Improved the appearance of the Bubble Cluster and Glitching Separator when displayed in your base.

• Fixed a collision issue with the Portable Reality Generator.

• Fixed a collision issue with the ceiling of the space station.

• Fixed an issue that could cause debug strings to be visible when selling items at a trade terminal.

• Fixed an exploit that allowed the placement of infinite fireworks.

• Fixed an issue that could cause Community Mission Tier progress to be incorrectly reported in the Log.

• Fixed a crash that could occur when warping a freighter in multiplayer.

• Fixed a crash that could occur when viewing Community Research progress in the Log.

• Fixed a crash that could occur in multiplayer when encountering anomalous creatures.

• Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when encountering strange rocks.

I don’t know…I would like to see infinite fireworks all going off at the same time. :smile:

Bubbles and Glitching Separator before

After

Worked great for the Bubbles, no real change on the Separator