New email from Old Gods, new task

It seems the satellite has already passed Britain recently so i might as well wait for the next hit.

^^That. And many attempts can be made… The more, the better. So, no stress…
I was reading the direction of the satellite in the opposite direction… once I zoomed I realized it’s long gone.

1 Like

I’ll be out for the majority of the day tomorrow. I wanna ask someone to send me an actual text message for when the satellite is ahead if they’re in Britain so I can contribute to this as best i can, but this’ll seem risky. What with phone numbers and personal info.

I don’t know if anyone has already posted this. http://www.n2yo.com allows you to check the closest passes for the next 10 days. I’ll use this to set up reminders on my phone.

3 Likes

This is my question. Do we press sync when it is overhead or send result? I would assume sync is to be pressed as it passes over and then we send the result. Either way, the satellite will be overhead for about 13 minutes for me so I will do both at that time.

1 Like

nice one on the link. i’ll keep it tagged.

I’m just as curious as you are. To tell the truth, that’s what I wanna know myself,

Ok so privately I’m a mathematician and I think I know what software they’re using to calculate that proximity decimal that goes between 0 and 1, it it’s based on any sort of triangulation at all.

Basically, exact values of 0 and 1 are impossible, depending on how many significant figures they keep. What would interest us here would be to come as close to 1 as possible, which would correspond to standing in a straight vertical line directly below the satellite when the circle has come to a full 360 degree on the app (in exactly that moment). This is more or less impossible of course. People on discord were first fixated of getting a perfect 1.000000 but I doubt it’ll ever happen and that doesn’t seem to be the point either.

Just press the red dot in the app so that it comes full circle when the satellite is as close to you as possible (even if it’s over the ocean or whatever). The more of these data points we give Atlas, the better :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I think we need to sync when it is at its closest in order to get the best signal…

2 Likes

We have several minutes as it passes over so I say do both at that time.

1 Like

Quote this, I believe this is on spot.

1 Like

You have several minutes. The satellite has passed me and I never got the chance to upload. And I’ve gotta wake at 6:30AM.

Yes to both, basically. Sync it when it’s as close to overhead as you can manage. If you get a high signal strength, then send the result in.

If you want to try again for a better result, it will come over again in an hour or so.

There’s no indication in the instructions that you can’t make multiple attempts.

1 Like

Well, I have to sit up late. :wink: We also have about a week so I would keep checking its position. There will be other chances if the next is too inconvenient.

1 Like

As I’m looking at satellite path predictions, it seems… further every pass…

I am STILL out of likes. I demand a reset on the like counter! :angry: :laughing:

10 Likes

《Clicky click》

1 Like

Thank you…for trying…:smiley: have a like :hearts:

2 Likes

Quick check and stupid question, does it seem like internet is required for the upload?

Probably will as it seems.

1 Like

I sent you one of mine.

1 Like