Myriad Security Diagnostic Testing (Important!)

this one
http://rumkin.com/tools/cipher/coltrans-double.php

3 Likes

Thanks! I’m outta likes, but I still like YOU!

1 Like

So the "how to use UDP is:
take a value, like 32/63/4 , transform it in a 5 digits:32634
After that, give them a value 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 acording to the numeric order (2,3,3,4,6)
we then have 2,1,5,3,4 It is the 1st transposition key used with lines)
Do the same with server ID and get the second key. (used with column)

1 Like

Amazing :star_struck: I can sorta understand. I think, maybe a teeny-tiny bit. I guess. This might be dumb as dirt, but I just watched this video. LoL! It’s the only one that I could find that gives history and some clarity to the Double Transposition.

2 Likes

Status command update: Security Diagnostic Completed!

2 Likes

●
satcom-70• 4m
Thank you for the information.

We’re currently removing the unauthorized processes from the servers. We’ll be shutting them down momentarily in order to avoid any further contamination.

Thank you so much for your efforts

7 Likes

Status Updated:
…
Infected servers shutdown in progress.
…
Malicious elements removed and destroyed.

5 Likes

And just as that happened This happened

3 Likes

I knew this event was related to Tariq! He went critical after the two bad servers went down yesterday.

1 Like

I called server 55197 as being suspicious via Reddit … yay! :joy:

9 Likes

^^^

Oh I need so many more likes than I have

4 Likes

I didn’t get to see any of this because my app crashed. I was wondering what it looked like and how you guys were getting this info. …thanks for sharing the image.

3 Likes

Glad this puzzle was finally solved. Not going to say anything else about it, because I am really disappointed in how obscure this one was. I hope a next puzzle allows for more involvement, less brute…

6 Likes

I didn’t get anything about it… :sweat_smile:
I clearly prefer live events or challenges like the “Azure Voyage”, a little less complicated for people that are not very technical, because this one was clearly not easy to understand!

4 Likes

When the puzzles are at the “Mr. Robot Hacker” level, I just sit back and watch…without any hope of participating. I also like them more inclusive to all Citizen Scientists! -)

TQQdles™

P.s. I kept pushing for A&S to use Geocaching in some puzzles…but this late in the game, I’ve given up.

4 Likes

Im sorry Discobot, I’ve been frantically trying to orced
order an Atlas Pass v4

Brilliant share, @LilLadyD76, thank you. :slight_smile: :+1:

Yeah, I made the comment – not too long after my first “SCRABBLE” thoughts (remember that?!) – that the absence of Z, Q, and J actually more sensibly (than “Scrabble points”) indicated almost “regular” frequencies of letters in normal English language, and I’d said then that it may well be just a jumbled set of letters…

… and this, only cuz … who was it again, was it @SingularGleam? … had posted a summary list of the letter-count per dataset (per server-pair), which twin-totals rather highlighted the lack of rarer letters (except X) and otherwise regular frequency of letters like E and S.

[ + ]
Found: Singular credited Dan on Discord & @hilightnotes for letter counts etc.
[ /+ ]

I’d “incorrectly” speculated that the “extra Xs” might have had anything to do with NEXT, or eXiting a galaXy, or KorvaX, or eXosuits …

Should’ve paid more attention to the clue-phrase “processes”, as “.exe” would’ve then made so much sense. LOL Ah, Hindsight being 20/20, etc.

As to the vid, it pretty much says what I got to thinking, right about here, at 1:30:
“One disadvantage of the cipher is that the letter frequency analysis will show a normal linguistic distribution, which is similar to plain text.”

I’ll have to Do Better Next Time. . . . .

2 Likes