Music Tastes among ETARCers?

Johnny Greenwood of radiohead has done some fantastic orchestral work in recent years, his first foray into it was doing the soundtrack for There will be blood but he’s since written specifically for orchestral performances and various projects. Yeah I’m a bit of a fan boy but, as with yourself, OK computer completely changed how I felt towards music when I was ten years old and I haven’t looked back since :blush:

@DevilinPixy that interview was delightful, so odd seeing him comfortable and relaxed in conversation . I think his new partner is having a very positive effect on him :relaxed:

5 Likes

Absolutely gorgeous !:clap:

3 Likes

Been messing with Fruity Loops again, a bit of my own ‘weird’ taste … :wink:

9 Likes

that’s pretty chill… got a subtle 80’s vibe going too. I dig it.

3 Likes

The first thing I was reminded of was… Star Control 2? Not in any specific way, just that I felt that the track would sound right at home as a theme for some weird funny race from that game.

Not quite sure about the strings in the background, they feel a bit out of place. Maybe too normal for the spacey rithm section. Something more artificial sounding might blend in better.

4 Likes

It took a day but I figured it out. I hear P!nk’s “Try” in there too.

3 Likes

I agree with you there, the strings don’t quite fit in. I will likely make some changes over time, as I often end up doing with a track that somehow captures me, but hasn’t been given enough time to ‘mature’.

I actually have quite a few tracks I keep getting back to, trying to make it ‘work’ somehow, because it contains a section I like. Progression and tempo/mood changes is something I struggle with most. It’s all good fun though, and at times I manage to produce something I at least feel somewhat proud of :wink:

Fun fact, they appear to love the above track in Vietnam for some reason, as shown by the stats and a sudden jump to well over 100 plays.

3 Likes

“We know of an ancient radiation
That haunts dismembered constellations
A faintly glimmering radio station”

Made me think of NMS and Waking Titan, because not everything does…

Okay this does too… DAD? ARG? weird warning! Obey the Server, Dad

5 Likes

I really apprieciate guitar talent, even when they are cover songs. This beautiful artist also has two of her own albums out. She plays piano too on her own project, a 8 string electric for the Yngwie Malmsteen covers. She plays the piano using compositions from JS Bach to name one. So those are “covers” too if you will. This is Baby Saster from Japan. She perfectly covers any thing from Slayer, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Dream Theater, Ozzy Osbourne (Randy Rhoads and Jake E Lee) I love her sway while she plays. Ok Ive added 3 from her. I am so proud that a female in Japan can cover my metal so well. LOVE.

5 Likes

I came across this guy a few years back & have enjoyed several of his heavy covers.
The early stuff is all his own ‘one man band’ using his studio to splice multiple recordings together but these days there are tours and stuff so he uses a band.
Depending on your music tastes there are tons of covers to pick through from Frozen to Mama Mia (one of my favourites) to this one of REMs Losing My Religion.
Not everyones thing but you still got to admire talent…and his homemade videos are kinda funny too.

5 Likes

Always been so fond of the mandolin in that song. Mandolins have the uncanny ability of reminding me of the eighties because it was kind of going through a revival with new wave bands etc. Which is odd because I’m irish, so really mandolins should remind me of irish trad and folk music :thinking:

It’s Tuesday. The ever of beyond is upon us. So, to throw back to a time when Emily took over most of the systems in play, are you already for a magic carpet ride?

1fe275d8830c650d0b53d5ed17e9bd33

8 Likes

Oh yea, he was going off on that mandolin. I had show off my girls talent with a couple more. A 50 song riff sample for reaching 10,000 subs, and wow, Judas Priest - Painkiller. She nailed that cleaner than… Im in Love.

5 Likes

The Moody Blues - To Our Children’s Children’s Children

I know, a classic and even from before my time (1969), but very fitting album title and topic (space travel). It even has a song called Beyond, although on its own not that great. I am sure NMS will turn a similar classic, which our children’s children’s children will likely still appreciate and treasure.

4 Likes

Beyond feels…

4 Likes

A classic, as always…

5 Likes

NMS feels for this weekend…

4 Likes

Heres a little song I wrote…(back in 2006)

Weekend NMS vibes…dedicated to all the korvax out there…

6 Likes

Nice! Is the Bass machine or is that a Sample?

Back when I was in a “Band”, I “played bass” and did some of the track.

Editing. :grin: Notice the heavy use of quotations.

4 Likes

Nice, yeah i played drums in “bands” back in the day also :wink:

no samples, all synth (i think the bass sound is from a fm synth) and drum machines controlled via midi sequences that i composed.

4 Likes

@Sir_oops @kliktrak

You know what this means folks. We should start a “band”. Notice my use of quotation marks :joy:

By which I mean, some sort of drop box where we can share half finished ideas and whoever can do whatever with it and drop it back in and see where it goes.

I just hope we can scout @DevilinPixy to be in our “band” too :3 maybe @alonemusic too if they’re still lurking about :wink:

5 Likes