Music Tastes among ETARCers?

21 years ago, time sure flies …

4 Likes
3 Likes

Skimming through my music today for a soundtrack to work to and came across this classic futuristic track from Detroit

3 Likes

How about some classic bleeps …

4 Likes

Is this set in the Warhammer universe? :laughing:

2 Likes

I assume it’s a parody on Warhammer 40K. But views differ.

3 Likes

I can see how this idea could come to be, but no. Gloryhammer is set in a universe entirely of its own, where glorious Dundee has become the mightiest kingdom on earth in times long gone, after thwarting the evil wizzard Zargothrax’s invasion of undead unicorns.

In the far future of the year 1992, Dundee has become the center of a galaxy-sprawling space empire that does bear some similarities with the warhammer 40K universe, but is overall a much nicer, more glorious, more bashfull, more silly and more campy place to be. But of course the evil wizzard Zargothrax, freshly thawed from the liquid ice in which he was entrapped after his defeat, will have none of that, and schemes to open a secret dimensional portal deep underneath the citadel of Dundee with the intent to destroy the entire universe in revenge for his humiliation.

But Emperor Angus McFife XIII, direct decendant of the Angus McFife who defeated Zargothrax the first time, defeats him again, except they are both sucked into the dimensional portal in the final showdown.

THe portal lead to another dimension, in which Zargothrax happened to emerge a couple hundred years before McFife, killed his ancestor and ruled the galaxy with an iron fist. Once Angus arrives he first needs to escape, then charge his magic hammer again that was been drained by the portal, and seek out the versions of his allies in this dimension, to organise an uprising and challenge Zargothrax in a final battle for the fate of the universe.

That’s three albums of hilariously campy power metal taking out all the stops. The song above is from the third one.

5 Likes

But, we’re the pirate metal drinking crew.

5 Likes

Old one but good one :pirate_flag:

5 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

First it was AI visual art…now moving on to AI music composition

Credit to this LinkedIn post which derped on me before i could save the link:

3 Likes

65dos Discord :link:

Hey @ everyone // using the tag-everybody klaxon to tell you that the debut single from Haus Horo (Rob from 65’s new band) is out TODAY. It’s called Issa and is available on Bandcamp now so if you like noisy music, which you surely do, then give it a go. Embrace the goth future. Elegia X | Haus Horo // 65.x

3 Likes
3 Likes

Tricky - Lonely Guest (2021)

playlist

4 Likes
3 Likes
6 Likes

Huh… I remembered a word of those lyrics wrong. They’ve been stuck in my head for as long as I remember, and one word I just seemed to have misheard… :confounded:

3 Likes

@kliktrak Every time I see your name I think of this song!! Argh… :persevere: It’s not even a good song! As a punishment you must listen to it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: At least she’s got a good voice.

4 Likes

Classic lol :laughing:

But this is what I really sound like…

4 Likes