Multiverse-75 Solve thread

The package is supposed to be delivered to a mod, likely via post :stuck_out_tongue:

Does multiverse-75.com tell us a Reddit moderator will receive it, or are we making that assumption based on the idea that the package contains a tape from the same series as the Hello Games ones?

What I am asking is: do we really know where the package will be delivered to? Also, how can we ensure that someone picks it up?

Going based on the assumption, since we were given the numbers 9/16. It’s likely it’s referring to the 9th tape out of 16, which has an unknown status as of right now in the GD wiki

2 Likes

There will be more videos but possibly we are seeing two instances of Elizabeth, one from a universe where everything was successful and cool and another from a universe where everything went horrifically wrong.

1 Like

Maybe one of the NMS Reddit moderators can confirm if the package looks familiar to the ones sent with the cassettes?

2 Likes

So what open ends do we still have right now?

1. Hamlet (from echo-64)
  2. various odd numbers (echo-64)
  3. A barcode on a package.
  4. Various information that was decoded using Bifid cipher.
  5. 3 sliders (in about us), 5 fields of research.
  6. A Carl Sagan quote.

Now the first 2 might have their use at some point, but so far nothing to connect them.

The 3rd might hold some interest, since an image of a package on waking titan does not have to be related to someone sending an email on the multiverse site (unless that sigil only activated after the email was sent ofc, but I was under the impression it showed right when the glyph and other sigil appeared).

The 4th is also interesting, ppl have manage to decode the text, but what does the text mean? And is it related to the sliders at the “about us” part, where computationalism 80%, magnetic field applications 90% and radiation belts 95% is listed. Is there somehow a message hidden in the encrypted message?

And finally, Carl Sagan. A bit troublesome because he can be connected to pretty much every space related thing out there.

I personally believe the most progress can be made by trying to analyze these texts that were decrypted to see if there is a hidden meaning there.

1 Like

@Shota E3 2015 PlayStation Press Conference: Sean Murray Shows Off No Man's Sky - YouTube Yet again, it links into Hello Games and No Man’s Sky. So this is the most likely reason for the Carl Sagan quote.

1 Like

@MacForADay
It might, or it might not. I agree that it is a seemingly obvious link, but at the same time, it also links to the voyager recordings and the pioneer plaque (both attempts to communicate to aliens, he is also linked to SETI, exobiology, radiation (he even worked on a project to set a nuke on the moon), he can be linked to Jupiter’s moon Titan (which also directs back here). The main reason I do not want to immediately chalk it off as “just a link to NMS” is because most things on these websites can be used to help us solve puzzles. A “NMS was here” banner does not do that. So while NMS is certainly related to the ARG, I think we should consider the possibility that a quote like this might also have a secondary meaning that might help us more directly with this ARG.

@barFly That’s been brought up before, it was claimed to be a default account. Additionally, discussing who is related to the ARG or the people behind it does not help solve the ARG nor will it help you or anyone advance in it.

On a side note, the quote was actually not from Carl Sagan, but came from Sharon Begley, who was one of the four reporters who created the article in Newsweek (August 15th, 1977). I have also found it being attributed to Blaise Pascal (Blaise Pascal - Wikipedia), but not been able to find a source for it.

Has anyone tried putting “PORTAL” in as the password for the 4th glyph? That was the secret word hidden in the tapes we have. I don’t have a PC so I can’t try.

I tried. It didn’t work

Thanks! Had to be sure.

yea, portal, portals, package, barcode, physics, supersymmetry, gravity, various numbers including the 2 barcodes ppl read from it, and any other related term that came to mind, no luck though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

so a few random thoughts to add to all this. Jumbled letters with the RGB thing going on, ETARC can become CRATE or TRACE.
With the image of the parcel is a barcode, there were 2 diff codes that came from that? Do we know which one is correct? One led to FED EX via google. makes me think that if we input the parcel tracking of the next tape we might get details like the WEIGHT of the package. The reason I’m interested in this is because we got the code SCALES from the RGB deal from the site. Could be way off but there are a lot of links going on.

1 Like

one interesting thing is that we found the solution to the multiverse answering machine, while the echo’s is still there unanswered.

does this mean we have to write an email regarding what the answering machine is asking (finite state)?

@jojo @Edgemo A small explanation on multiverse theory within Quantum Mechanics:
Wave/particle dualism is NOT the source of many-universe theory within Quantum Mechanics.

TL;DR: “Many universes” arise from the concept of “measurement” in Quantum Mechanics, in which every possible outcome of an experiment is realized in its own universe. Different universes created in this way have no way of contacting each other. multiverse-75.com is suggesting a way to “break the laws of physics” and maybe have these different universes “talk” to each other. echo-64.com seem to add a time aspect to this, in which different universes happening at different times communicate with each other.

@doctordevice You may move the below text to your physics thread if you want, but the issue arose in this thread so I’m writing it here to begin with :slight_smile:

Dualism in philosophy:
First a definition of what a “Dualism” actually means (Dualism (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)):
In general, the idea is that, for some particular domain, there are two fundamental kinds or categories of things or principles. In theology, for example a ‘dualist’ is someone who believes that Good and Evil—or God and the Devil—are independent and more or less equal forces in the world. Dualism contrasts with monism, which is the theory that there is only one fundamental kind, category of thing or principle; and, rather less commonly, with pluralism, which is the view that there are many kinds or categories.

Dualism in Quantum Mechanics:
When first devised, people observed electrons - classically taken to be particles (i.e. a tiny sphere with a radius) - to exhibit wave-like behaviour in diffraction experiments. People were very confused as to how a particle could exhibit wave-like behaviour. In other experiments, people observed light - classically taken to be waves (i.e. with a wavelength and a frequency) - to exhibit particle-like behaviour, leading to the concept of a photon which is a “unity of light” with zero mass travelling at the speed of light (duh). The duality arises when BOTH descriptions lead to a full and complete understanding of physical phenomena. Sometimes it seems down to the whim of the actual scientist which language to use in order to explain what she/he is doing.

Multiverse theory (in Quantum Mechanics referred to as “Many Worlds interpretation”):
The following from Many-worlds interpretation - Wikipedia :
_The many-worlds interpretation is an interpretation of quantum mechanics that asserts the objective reality of the universal wavefunction and denies the actuality of wavefunction collapse. Many-worlds implies that all possible alternate histories and futures are real, each representing an actual “world” (or “universe”). In layman’s terms, the hypothesis states there is a very large—perhaps infinite[2]—number of universes, and everything that could possibly have happened in our past, but did not, has occurred in the past of some other universe or universes.

Short explanation: In Quantum Mechanics, particles are represented by the wave-function, which is a mathematical construct with the property that when evaluated at a certain position or momentum (or at a certain energy or time, for example) gives you the PROBABILITY of the actual particle having the property that you are measuring (for example, the probability of the electron being at a certain position in space). In original Quantum Mechanics, it was thought that the wave-function “collapses” at the time of measurement, and the particle falls into a certain state due to the influence of the measuring apparatus. The many-worlds interpretation, however, proposes that each and every possible outcome actually manifests in a physical world at the time of measurement.

5 Likes

Schrödinger did pen a few papers on color theory, maybe that’s more relevant. Your guess is as good as mine.

Awesome. Thank you for this! Are you a physicist?

2 Likes

Not at all.

For those of you wondering, the 9th NMS cassette is listed as unknown:

It’s a bit obvious now that this is a No Man’s Sky ARG for the next update.

2 Likes