Multiverse-75 Solve thread

Yes I am. PhD in theoretical quantum mechanics (subtopic
condensed matter physics. It’s less sexy than what it sounds :stuck_out_tongue: )

4 Likes

Personally I’ll get on that train when the content of “package #9” is uploaded :slight_smile:
I’m just a skeptic by nature.

Thank you for the info - I have many more questions - perhaps we can start a topic or two in the new knowledge center about quantum topics

https://forums.etarc.org/c/knowledge-center

Sure thing! I’d be happy to help! If you start a topic I’ll hopefully be able to chip in! :slight_smile:

So the counter for “completed daily test runs” goes up to 10,000. I don’t think a programmer would use this value if they just wanted a counter that would continue on seemingly indefinitely; they’d use something like 99999999 or the max integer value. So it seems deliberate. And apparently myriad was an ancient Greek term for 10,000. Is this merely a clue that myriad is the next site to open? Or is there more to be done with the 100, 18, 3 number series?

2 Likes

You could be right, that may be a code for something in the next website. Clues in each website seem to be linking to the other sites; like how RGB in Echo was a clue to the SCALES solution in Multiverse.

@bcatrek I started the topic and copied your post over to here :slight_smile:

1 Like

In regards to the 4 counters found on multiverse-75, you can find in the source, that all counters start at 1 (data-from) and end at different values (data-to) taking a set amount of time (data-speed) as follows:

• Professional researchers
  • data-to: 100
  • data-speed: 2000ms = 2s
  • Years of operation
  • data-to: 18
  • data-speed: 3000ms = 3s
  • International Partners
  • data-to: 15
  • data-speed: 3000ms = 3s
  • Completed daily test runs
  • data-to: 10000
  • data-speed: 36000000ms = 36000s = 600m = 10h

The end values 100, 18, 15 and 10000 total 10133
Different calculations can of course be done and not just on the values, but the times as well. No clue if any of this may become important. So far the values appear to just have been picked randomly. For more info on the jQuery countTo code, check the GitHub here:

1 Like

An ancient Greek symbol for 10,000 is a circle surrounded by four strokes - very similar to the gate architecture found in NMS portals. see:

http://culturemath.ens.fr/histoire%20des%20maths/htm/Verdan/Verdan.htm

I believe you are refering to this image: http://culturemath.ens.fr/histoire%20des%20maths/htm/Verdan/Verdan_fichiers/image074.jpg
Just thought I’d add a more direct link to save people from having to read through the site. :slight_smile:

Though reading through the site may elicit more clues.

That entirely depends on your skill in french. I’m assuming most people here are not sufficiently well versed in french to be able to read and understand much from it. (I know I am not ^^)
Either way, it could be symbolism of some sort.

Either there is a mistake in the Chart or you missread: The Number under this Symbol is 100.000!

Also, 16 in binary is 10000.

3 Likes

Ahh, so what if it’s 100.18.15.16 as part of an IP address or combines with a prior number we used to make an IP address.
It had bugged me so much that the other numbers were constant on the page and the last one was a counter to 10000, and it would just reset when you reload the page, so it made no sense since it was a changing number. Maybe now there is something there with those digits.

That IP address does not belong to a host that is currently online. Additionally, the range belongs to a company called MCI inc that went bankrupt and was acquired by Verizon.
But basically, if it was used by this ARG, I’d expect it to be online and waiting for someone to find it, the fact it’s not suggests that this number is not to be used as an IP address.

1 Like

Gosh, I’ve been away from this for a while, guess I missed a lot.