"Mission Signal Scrambled // Aborting..."

“Mission Signal Scrambled // Aborting…”

Anyone have a clue what caused this?

I tried to get the mission four times and got this right after taking the mission.

4 Likes

I’ve been told that ecrypted Nexus missions require you to have other players in your group now or this happens. So the encrypted missions are now “multiplayer only”. I have not independently confirmed this assertion.

4 Likes

Ah, thanks. Good to know.

I wonder when they snuck that in, since I soloed one yesterday…

EDIT: If it is true then I think it extremely bitchy aggravating of HG!

Forcing people to play MP is NOT the way to build community. :stickouttongue:

6 Likes

If they’d done this with with the quicksilver daily or weekly I would be up in arms, but it’s just the random mission that gives extra good money/item or nanites so I’m not too concerned.

5 Likes

I noticed they added a statement with each community and weekend mission, urging us to take a MP team but, thankfully, we can choose No. Since I rarely did the encrypted missions, I am okay with this. After all, the objective with the Nexus is to promote MP. As long as they do not force it on other missions.

6 Likes

If they really wanted to promote multiplayer, they might consider doing it the way ESO does. Nobody is forced into group play - but some tasks are so hard, it’s pretty much impossible to complete them on your own.

For any team member to succeed, it’s necessary that they all succeed - and it’s necessary for them to co-operate.

4 Likes

and so the sew becomes BS.

YOU MUST PLAY WITH OTHERS!
YOU MUST PLAY NICE!

Ya so nothing more than FORCING players to do what they do not want to do to KILL a game!!!

But of course HG will do what ya suggested!!!

1 Like

No, nobody is forced to do anything.

There are certain tasks in ESO that give very high rewards. There are other ways of getting the same rewards, but in smaller quantities. If you want to get a lot of reward all at once, you have to do the hard tasks.

The tasks are so hard - the enemies so tough and so numerous - that it’s virtually impossible to complete them on your own. You need to be part of a team.

But as I said, nobody has to undertake the hard tasks. There are other ways to get the rewards.

2 Likes

I realize that, lol

JUST MAKING DRAMA LOL

5 Likes

If true, “Grrrrrrrrrrr”
(angry frown)

4 Likes

Maybe it’s fixed.

Did a solo Encrypted Mission today.

6 Likes

Ah, good to know! Thanks! Maybe I’ll try another one if any show up.

2 Likes

I just got the “mission scrambled --aborting” message again, this time on a normal nexus mission.

I tried so many things to get it to work, including leaving the Anomaly and returning, logging to menu and back. but always getting the same message and losing the mission.

Finally, the mission selections changed and after that I could take a mission without it aborting.

Strangely… It was the same mission. but with different rewards.

2 Likes

And again.

Each time it is with a different quest. Not confined to any “special” missions.

2 Likes

Yeah, I just got this for the first time with the quicksilver daily mission. Tried over and over to do it and it kept aborting. It always had the objective “Collect 816 Activated Emeril”. I turned on multiplayer and waited for someone to join the group before initiating it and then it worked.

So whether it was designed this way or it’s some kind of bug, using multiplayer and doing the mission with another player IS a workaround to make it function.

3 Likes

Just noticed that the mission objective you had is the exact same one I got with this problem. So it looks like it may be a mission-specific bug.

3 Likes

Hmmm… interesting! I’ll keep an eye on that. Thank you.

I believe mine have all been different mission types, but I may be mis-remembering.

I’m wondering if it is part of the new lore quests: things breaking down due to some nefarious interference.

But since HG turns every bug into NMS Lore… Who knows?

It’s kind of like playing the guitar in a public performance: You make a mistake, hit the wrong note? Just repeat the mistake four bars later and listeners think it belongs there. :joy:

3 Likes

The fact that we had the same mission bugged makes it likely that specific missions are bugged. If you get this problem again, please note the mission objective here. I will do the same.

2 Likes

Yes, I agree to that.

Speaking of bugs becoming lore, I found a video that examined this idea:

4 Likes