Missing "report" function on UI for message balls

I tried to report a message ball today but the function that was there last week has disappeared.

I do hope it comes back because I do not want to be advertised at in a game (I play to relax and get away from all that crap) and would like to nip this trend (streamers, you know what I’m talking about) in the bud.

First time I want to report something annoying/disturbing and the function is no longer there.

Fix? Pretty Please? :eyes:

7 Likes

Have you tried using the build menu ? If you use the same method you do to delete or color base parts, there is a report option now.

6 Likes

Thank you.

Does that also work for Comm Balls left anywhere on any planet (my main complaint)? It says “report base”.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, I haven’t tried - just throwing the idea out there :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I got that as well during the weekend event while placing a comm ball. I wonder if it has to do with the patch that keeps others from changing another person`s base? There was one nearby on PC. In fact, out of all the comms at the portal, only 1 was recolored.

3 Likes

Why did this weekend event have a base or three on top of it? Also so many comm balls I could hardly see anything. Is there a way to stop this?

4 Likes

I certainly hope so. I started the mission an hour or so after noon on Friday and the place was already clogged. I can just imagine what it must have looked like by late Sunday. >; [

2 Likes

I might try turning the internet off once I’ve got the mission and then turning it on again once I’ve finished. I’ll see if that works.

3 Likes

I had multiplayer turned off, but didn’t think to disconnect form the internet. Let us know how that works out.

2 Likes

Seriously? I enjoy tons of comms at these events. Yeah, some are self-promoting but most are things like ‘Hello from Australia’. It’s not like I am going to set up a base nearby so I enjoy reading them and then leaving it all behind when I am done.

3 Likes

I’m happy for you. :heart:

It is not so amazing that different people have different sensibilities and priorities.

All I ask is for the ability to turn them off on my own game.

4 Likes

On PS4, having MP off but being online when you access the NEXUS will get you the missions without any MP interactions.
After this you can turn off internet access and the mission details will remain but no other player uploads (coms & bases) will be visible.
Must be similar on other platforms.
Later, once back in the NEXUS, turning the internet access back on will allow you to get current QS reward items. (Sometimes this requires reconnecting via the discoveries menu).

6 Likes

Not sure about the experience of others on PC (Steam), but I always play connected, but with MP off, and all the comm balls show up for me.

To clarify, I have no trouble getting any of the QS missions with MP off and internet on.

2 Likes