Missing -= AWOL

The eagle eyed amongst you may have noticed that I have been absent from the forum for a while.

I have been ill, and was hospitalised for 3 weeks in March - April. Since then I have been recovering at home, but progress has been very slow.

For the past six weeks, I have had neither the energy nor the enthusiasm to even move about the house, let alone play games. I really haven’t felt up to talking to anyone.

As I said, I am gradually improving. It’s slow, but it’s happening, and I now feel able to talk about things.

Two days ago I attended the cancer clinic, who gave me (cautious) good news. I still have to go back in three months for a further check, but for now, it seems my life is not in immediate danger.

It seems the world will have to put up with me for a while longer. In the words of Granny Weatherwax “I ATE’NT DEAD YET”.

13 Likes

Welcome back @Polyphemus. You are on our prayer list. God bless, keep and heal you in the name of Jesus Christ. :pray: :pray: :pray:

6 Likes

Great to hear from you, your absence has been surely noticed, especially when those custom ships finally landed. I’ve been eagerly awaiting your opinions on all of it <3

I had suspected you may have been absent due to illness (or sometimes worse, I convinced myself maybe you’ve gone on a long boring cruise '^ _^ )

Take your time getting back on your feet, we will all still be here in our shared nonsense :wink:

6 Likes

Glad to hear you are improving. Prayers for inner strength to endure.

I’m mentally picturing you in a maxed out ExoMech, able to easily kill any “baddies.”

6 Likes

For a while, the doctors had me convinced I was going on the longest cruise of all.

Happily, it seems boarding passes for that particular sailing have been cancelled. I think I’ll stay ashore for as long as I can.

7 Likes

So glad you are still with us! Your wit and insight have been greatly missed. Rest up and get your strength back. :heart: :bouquet:

5 Likes

I have to admit I was a bit worried but held off on contacting you directly because I was aware of your condition & that rest & quiet was probably the best thing I could contribute.
Great hear from you & wishing you all the best.

7 Likes

Really happy to hear you’re doing ok :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Please don’t buy into that pre-release/early access, it’s a scam! A scam I tell ya!

6 Likes

The way things have been over the last few months, I have experienced a major change in my way of thinking. I don’t plan for the future any more. I try not to look more than a few days ahead. I try to deal with things as they are now, rather than what they might become in some time to come.

So advice to avoid pre-release is wiser than you know.

Doctor: “I’m afraid you don’t have long to live”
Patient: “Can’t you do something for me?”
Doctor (considers): “How about a boiled egg?”

10 Likes