Live Session with a Dreamer: 00:00 UTC Deadline!

For the most part I don’t think it will be possible for us to totally fail and have all of them die but they did mention “hard choices” so I think that will be resolved by us being explicitly told that we can only extract so many ant the community will have to vote on one or two to be left behind…Tariq seemed like a good candidate but now he’s dead so the next obvious choice would be Alexander I think…86 years old and with some bad conditions.

2 Likes

Tell that to L Plays Gaming, he keeps saying he thinks NONE of them will ever be free.

1 Like

LPlays gets…overly excited…I get the impression that he just flies off the chain with speculation sometimes in excitement. I talked to him a couple of times about it but we all are as we are in the end.

2 Likes

I can imagine it wasn’t as big on PC. :slight_smile: I saw a lot of people who I wouldn’t necessarily meet otherwise, and I got a timelapse video out of it.

2 Likes

Here’s my kinda ‘raw’ summary of the Five Live Chat Sessions. Includes all the questions that have been asked by the nominated agents, along with what we have learned from the answers to those questions. Also, there are transcripts available on the GD Wiki for anyone interested in reading the full conversations. :slightly_smiling_face:
—> Waking Titan/Phase 4 - Game Detectives Wiki

1 of 5: Phillip

Agent: CSD Discord Dreamer: Phillip
Questions and Learned Information:
Is this the fair?
Remember Emily?
Do you remember a W/ARE employee named Tariq? Learned: Tariq did his in-take
Note: It seems talking about W/ARE is discouraged

2 of 5: Toby

Agent No Man’s Sky Discord Dreamer: Toby
Remember the Tea Party?
What do you like to do in your spare time while you’re in here? Learned: Toby likes to read books with his Mom
What sort of books did you two enjoy? Learn: Mom likes books about animals, but Toby likes books about people, so he and his mom have to practice compromising
Did you two have a favorite book or story? Learned: they really liked Curious George because it had people and animals
Have you read any books including elephants? Learned: No, but he loves elephants!
Why is the elephant your favorite? Does it have a name? Learned: Dad always said that elephants don’t forget. Also, it’s really soft
Is there anything you wish you could say to your Mom if you could see her? Learned: Toby would just say ‘hi’ he really misses home and he wanted to keep talking

3 of 5: Eun Ha

Agent: CSD Forums (aka ETARC) Dreamer: Eun Ha
Do you remember your bracelet? Learned: Eun Ha remembers the collage
Did the collage make you feel better? Learned: Yes, a lot, but it was strange seeing so many people she had never met care enough to do that
Do you recall where you live outside the simulation? Or, can you tell me more about your brother? Learned: Eun Ha moved a lot in the past few months, she’s not too close with her brother, anymore, but wishes they could just hang out like when they were kids. She misses that
What are some things you guys did back then? Learned: They liked to play around the house. Hide & Seek, but her brother would get so dirty that their Mother would have to scrub him down all over with a brush and the hose before she would let him come inside
Do you remember how you got into W/ARE? Learned: Eun Ha changed the subject
Does anyone else visit you here? How did you find yourself here? Learned: Her only visitor has been Emily. She woke up like this and thought she had died for the longest time
Is there anything you remember before entering the simulation? Anything related to the W/ARE facility? Learned: No
Anything you’d like to say before we get cut off? Learned: It doesn’t matter what I say
Note: The part about her brother getting so dirty that their Mother had to take a brush and hose to him? Strange that it sounds like she’s referring to a dog instead of her brother

4 of 5: Claire

Agent: Game Detectives Discord Dreamer: Claire
Mentions Emily and that she was on ETARC and would respond to our posts every once in a while. And that Emily was the one that had us make all the comics for her. Learned: Claire thought our comics were so cool, she could tell a lot of work went into them and that being in a comic book has always been sorta a dream for her
Was there any particular comic book you wanted to be a part of? A favorite comic perhaps? Learned: Claire loves how different writers can expose different sides of the same characters,the best villains are always relateable. No villain thinks they’re a villain, right?
What do you think your superpower would be? If you had one? Learned: feels like getting out of here safely could count as a superpower, maybe time travel, says she never got into this mess and that she’s scared she’ll never get out
How did you get into this mess? Learned: wants to know how we’re going to get her out, it seems impossible, and she spends too much time thinking about it and worrying about it

5 of 5: Alexander

Agent: No Man’s Sky Reddit Page Dreamer: Alexander
Do you know Emily? Learned: No. Maybe… I don’t think so
Remember Emily from a conversation you two had in a fair? Learned: The fair… I might remember that, the candy apples and kettle corn. God, it’s been so long
I believe you used to show Lionel there? Learned: not often. He was so fickle
Mentions music collage Learned: Alexander thought t it was so thoughtful
How have you been feeling lately? Learned: been feeling not much at all
Do you remember why you were at the doctors? Learned: it’s always one thing or another, when you get to be my age you spend more time at the doctor than at your house
Has your time at the doctors prevented you from travelling as much as you would like? Learned: What doctor? How did you get in here? Wanted to know where Emilienne was and that she and Jacob are safe, Alexander started getting tired and referred to the Agent as Jacob, wished ‘Jacob’ would come by more often

13 Likes

Can I hire you to go about my daily life and explain things for me? You are much better at it than I am

6 Likes

HaHa! That’s sweet. Thank you. You do an amazing job! And you’re much appreciated. We all have our ‘somethings’ we’re good at, right? :wink:

4 Likes

I think the whole ARG thing is great fun. And you’re quite right it is free…(ignoring for the moment we give pennies to Sony who pass them on to Hello Games who give pennies to Alice & Smith who give pennies to a mechanical slot machine…which gives Nobel Peace Prize tokens to us! Oh, and an empty box with Sean’s signature…that we can sell for pennies…which we can give to Sony…and on and on :slight_smile: ) I love the game it makes me laugh and the ARG too. And you lot. Meh…

If I have any loosely veiled complaint at all, it’s not the free beer being given away… but the nervous twitch I have developed from the tantalising hope of receiving the ‘free’ Atlas Pass mentioned in the email to me.
My hair has gone grey each time I fill in a survey. The Rorshach diagram has frightened me to death. I have to suppress a habitual phobia to go a full day without plaiting a bracelet, using a piece of string and a shoelace from any passer-by who happens to be wearing them. I have started to read comics written only in Hex Code -in the dark and I’m still recovering from having to join Reddit.

My boundaries are now completely befuddled. My brain is mush and I can recite and draw every glyph without switching on the terrifying drone eminating from the Waking Titan site. Maybe though that’s a plus. Ahem.

Maybe the only way I will get the Atlas pass is to become a Dreamer after all… But do I care? Only that I shall miss the ARG when it comes to an end. And the fact I STILL have no Atlas Pass boo hoo LOL but then someone said once, ‘that’s like complaining about your pub giving away free beer’. Maybe the world really is coming to an end and I should buy some salted peanuts and fetch my towel. ‘Last Orders Please!’

8 Likes

Fantastic! We NEEDED this desperately. You’re amazing!
Maybe someone could place the character stories into a separate thread as a cheat sheet to look up quickly?

2 Likes

I think @SingularGleam just shared something like that above my post. Is that what you’re looking for?

5 Likes

I saw that video! Really nice way to commemorate the event. :+1:

5 Likes

I laughed out loud at this. So sweet, too. I can’t help but agree with you. :heart:

also

We should make a comic of Claire as a superhero, KA_BLAAAMMM-ing her way out of the simulation and saving all the others, too! (that’s what superheroes do)

Edit cause I got things in the wrong order…

5 Likes

Got a link to that you can share? (please) :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Let me see if this works…

https://v.redd.it/yomk2fguak811/DASH_600_K

1 Like

In the other hand, isn’t it what we did with Artemis ? Many of us have killed him when we had the choice.

4 Likes

I don’t like where this is going…

Fzzzktt…<V/ARE, Atlas… Xdddfff%$&S Emily! Wake me when we can set the compound on fire.

1 Like

I think everyone will die except for #231187661T because that is us right?

7 Likes

Remember the other option though. Place him in the simulation in the Anomaly. We were assured he would be happy there as long as he did not know he was in a sim. All we really did was move him from a sim he knew was wrong to one he thought was the real world. In actuality, Artemis was dead all along. I really think this is the case with these Dreamers. We are not extracting them to the real world because they are already technically dead. It is just their minds, their echoes that are alive. We are learning as much as possible about them so we can extract them to a sim so real, they will not know they are in a sim…just like Artemis.

9 Likes

Thanks for that. It’s very pretty! :heart:

1 Like