Live Session with a Dreamer: 00:00 UTC Deadline!

Well this was all a bit sudden…all started and done in under three hours…the only issue is there was no time for anyone to prepare, to think about the questions we’d ask. Which I think it would have been good to be able to discuss all this a bit more and if people had time to review the conversations with these characters a bit and maybe and had prepared questions that might have made more use of these characters’ emotional triggers to try to get clues.

3 Likes

@SingularGleam Thank you for jumping in to keep things here on track. You get things done and linking very quickly! :grinning:

4 Likes

Here is the Alex chat log for those interested.

5 Likes

true it does bring the community together, i suppose, but to perfectly honest i cant wait for this to end and we actually get to play Next

imo i don’t want another ARG ever again

2 Likes

So, the personal things in the community events were always a good point of reference.

They seem scared in an empty place, maybe thr last big push is hope. Alexander had his son in mind at the last point. Claire wants a superpower to get out. It seems like the best chance we have is the inspiration of joyful memory or perhaps a metaphorical space of transport. Like instead of being on the plane with Alexander, maybe the point of getting off and seeing his family will help. Same idea with the others?

5 Likes

Aww I’m having fun, this is my first arg and it is entertaining me massively.
I also can’t wait for Next though!

10 Likes

lol…the update wasn’t going to release sooner without the ARG…it’s just a bit of extra fun really. just 16 days to go.

6 Likes

Welp, I missed this. :disappointed: But- I think it’s pretty neat! I’m definitely looking forward to more in the future. Woot!

Thank you @kyle-culver for stepping up. You did a fantastic job :clap:t2:
And thanks @SingularGleam for posting the links. You rock!

8 Likes

Just to be clear there were 5 patient interviews tonight.

2 Likes

Yep…five.

These were painful for me to watch, since the streamers didn’t really know what they were supposed to do. I know it was just a stress test, but it would have been nice if they’d had some guidance as to what questions to ask or some objective to work toward in the conversation.

4 Likes

I think the point was the spontaneous conversation. A spark to see how both we and the dreamers will act when the extraction point comes. Maybe a baseline for how we go about it and how it can happen. Maybe, just a thought.

3 Likes

I’ve only had time to catch up but I just want to say that I’ve really been enjoying WT. The Dreamer chats have been really interesting and it was cool to see this event get even more involved with the community. I am excited to see where everything leads.

4 Likes

Yes, this was a test for the final extraction event that I’ve been predicting, but I hope it was also a learning experience that we need some direction for the conversation or it will be an unpleasant activity.

1 Like

For latecomers here is a catch-up post

Connection 1/5 Phillip (CSDcord Anomaly Cat)
Connection 2/5 Toby (NMScord @Zoid)
Connection 3/5 Eun Ha (US - @kyle-culver )
Connection 4/5 Claire (GD Discord lightningwing92)
Connection 5/5 Alexander (Reddit YamaTheLlama)

10 Likes

I mean, you don’t have to participate or read any of this…

5 Likes

Great thought. Love is a powerful motive. If I was them and I thought there was a chance of seeing a loved one again, I’d probably fight a bit more!

3 Likes

With just over an hour’s notice on a weekend night there wasn’t really an opportunity to prepare. Out of all five communities contacted less than 200 people were in the streams to help the streamers ask questions and respond to the dreamers. They all did a great job and we all learned the CSD is all of us.

2 Likes

Well, here’s a great thing about the ARG for you;
You don’t have to do it and you’ll still get NEXT on the 24th:)

5 Likes

I think that the short notice was a planned part of the process. They made a point of saying we were supposed to get to know the dreamers personally, without interference from the rest of CSD. Now we had to interest with the dreamers more or less naturally, without having a chance to pre-plan the questions very much. It relied, as much as possible, on the connection built beforehand.

2 Likes