Let's create an indie dev studio!

I’ve been asked what possible position in the indie company I could hold. Perhaps “Software Technologies Symbiosis”?

So let me explain with a bit actual real-world reference, the “seed the description to mimic their projects”, and just links where I plan to research to get the language pseudo-correct.

There was a company which released a “meta-world environment” called There.com. Their project engaged users with physical emotes that responded to written text in messages. It also synced the avatar facial expressions based on text messages. Eventually voice-comm was included which also displayed facial/body changes based on what a person said in their microphones to others in-game. At the time, it was some snazzy software features…cutting edge. Unfortunately, the company saw a greater value by selling the technology to the Military / Governmental organizations to create pseudo-realistic Ops situational tactical mission simulations (as a revenue stream from sales) and let the meta-world kinda die a slow death (more $$$$$$$ from military budgets were forecasted than just a meta-world subscriptions stream). TL;DR = created a “game” but also used same software for different applications.

Idea: Since W/ARE are featuring the Dreamscape device, maybe our indie studio can also apply software for “enhanced tactile immersion via mech-nanoreceptor sensory neurons manipulations”??? I am currently researching actual white papers written on the subject…where the technology are used for various brain injury/disease therapy.

So my “branch” would be a great fit to integrate with W/ARE’s Dreamscape technology to enhance the individual’s “immersion” through tactile reinforcement.??!!

It would also allow for separate “branches” within the new software technology. So marketing could “lend” some personnel…as could engineering. Just like game companies often have 2+ game / projects running at the same time.

I would rather NOT reference Haptic technologies…as these are current real-world wear-ables used to enhance the VR experiences. I would rather create a futuristic-sounding currently-impossible technology using pseudo-scientific jargon to describe a possible “discovery”…much like the technologies on the W/ARE and myraid-70 sites.

General links:
https://www.slideshare.net/EllisVanotoo/general-physiology-cns-2013

https://www.revolvy.com/main/index.php?s=Mechanoreceptor&item_type=topic

https://med.uth.edu/nba/files/2015/08/Byrne_et_al_Aplysia_gill-withdrawal_reflex_JNeurophysiol_1978.pdf

TQQdles™

6 Likes

I can model, I have an expertise in fire suppression systems. So, our digital avatars will be protected if an accidental fire outbreaks.
But, mostly modelling / graphic design work.

6 Likes

This twitter account has error loading?

What do you want the logo to look like, and how similar do you want it to be to the forums logo?
edit: Looks like the twitter page already has a logo. I can still try to make one if necessary.

3 Likes

I think the “2” at the end of the account was an accident. https://mobile.twitter.com/csd_games

edit: looks like you already found it lol. nvm :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ok, I filled out the application. Said I belonged to CSD Games. Copy-n-pasted the blurbs for the paragraph-sized answers and said they were statements from our marketing team. Added that I was in charge of the Software Technologies Symbiosis Team with a focus on enhanced tactile immersion via mech-nanoreceptor sensory neurons manipulations.

UPDATE Following the Twitch site for CSD Games! -)

TQQdles™

3 Likes

I have a question. Do we actually intend to make a game? I know this is all for the ARG, and making one would probably be overkill, but making a simple flash game can’t be that hard. I’m sure at least one person on this forum has some programing knowledge.

4 Likes

I think it should just be a nice webpage if we can get it hosted cheaply. I don’t think we need to create a real game, just a “false frontage” for our company and projects…just like myraid-70 site. Throwing out blurbs, using photos (public domain and/or staged team images), etc. Just an appearance of actually creating a studio. In other words, play A&S’ “game” too! -)

TQQdles™

4 Likes

@CharM14 of course you can! Everyone’s invited!!

1 Like

@William
You’re in!

1 Like

I’m a little busy right now but will read through and answer your posts in a couple of hours.

I’d be honoured to be the CEO / Producer of CSD Games!

Thanks @William for making that list of people, you beat me to it!!

Not easy to keep up when you’re on vacation in India (phew)… keep up the good vibes and I’ll be with you shortly, maybe with a tweet pingining ware and hello games?

7 Likes

Oh yes, you should definitely ping them :smiley:

1 Like

Just created a twitch account called CSDGames! We should definitely live-stream a fresh new game of No Man’s Sky! I’m a little out of my league here, but I think I can get around to it on Sunday! :slight_smile:
How does that sound?

5 Likes

Sorry for not replying @Jupiter.blues : anything here could help us a lot, a website would be super-fantastic! And it doesn’t need to look fancy or anything, but please let us know a litte bit what you could whip up with javascript?

Yes I tried WIX once and the free version does have many nice templates! Now that we have a tentative logo (thanks to @DevilinPixy) maybe we can have a tentative website as well! I’ll be back to my comfy man-cave on Sunday, and could look into it. Until then, please keep the ideas coming!

2 Likes

@HypoLord we could always use various logos or artwork for various communications. Show us what you’ve got and we’ll go from there!

Oh and making a game? Even if simple using Flash? HELL YEAAAAA!!! But only if it’s not overkill or taking over our lives… and @Dolnor 's view on this is also quite interresting; that in order to keep up the spirit of the ARG we could also create “a front” for a game/website/twitter account/twitch/etc… I think both options are to consider, but at this stage it’s more about what actually can be done in the simplest and most fun way, that we feel contribute to the ARG and to W/RE’s original survey.

In short: what do we feel is the best way to interact with WT (A&S)? What would we enjoy the most and think would be the most inclusive and fun?

7 Likes

@Dolnor : I love your post and couldn’t agree more. It fits nicely into my original intent with the survey answers actually!

3 Likes

Dear All, I complied a list of everyone’s interest in CSD Games and respective roles and titles. I did not ping anyone here since I cannot ping you all. Just look for your name in this list and see if I got it correct. It’s in alphabetical order.

I’m thinking we could try to keep our titles and role descriptions as simple as possible and put them under a category like “Marketing” / “Art Design” / “Programming” / “Game Tester” / “Public Relations”. What do you think?

In order to keep this chat as clean as possible, could you write me a private message specifying your core speciality or role within CSD Games ?

I’ll update the list below as your answers come in.

Btw playing clarinet and being a cleaning lady are also relevant descriptions, a little comedy never hur anyone! :smiley:

Ok, here is the list of applicants:

Abu_madiel - Head Custodial Engineer

Argh - Graphic Design

arpoja - Mercury Routine Photographer / Predator Species Investigator

bcatrek - CEO / Producer

CharM14 - ??

DevilinPixy - Lead Programmer / Modelling / Design

Dolnor - Software Technologies Symbiosis

FRANK_CADILLAC - Digital Art Design

heartphone - Video Content Creator

HypoLord - Story Design / Art Design / Clarinet

Jupiter.blues - Screenplay/ Story Writer / Marketing

l2619 - Graphics Design / Modelling (Fire Suppression Systems)

LPlaysGaming - Public Relations

lordkenpo - Story Writer

LordMarkov - Content Consultant / Play-tester

Mad-Hatter - Play-tester (bug finding division)

Matador - Network Security Consultant

nmsgalaxy - Beta-Tester

Sith921 - Lead Story Writer

sheralmyst - Cleaning Lady

Sundagger - Pre-Alpha Tester / Bug Hunter Extreme

William - Hardware Engineer

xdragon - IT Systems Designer

Xion4012 - Story Writer / Character Creation

zeff013 - Workflow Automation

zsigmond - Code Inspector

9 Likes

By the way a NEW TWEET is out! Looking at streaming NMS maybe sunday or monday?

7 Likes

Now, One of you now needs to break off, poach 1/3 of the current staff and start a competing company.
:sunglasses:

5 Likes

I just retweeted it :smiley:

3 Likes