Latest Space Missions (& Other Science Stuff)

When space outweighs nostalgia then ebay is an option.

3 Likes

Starship SN11 - High Altitude Flight Test

I have not really had much time to follow things closely. As I expected, there was no launch today, even though ‘somewhat’ planned. There has been a Static Fire Test earlier today though, which appeared to look ok. According to Elon Musk, another window for launch will open coming Monday, March 29th.

2 Likes

Videodrome… This makes me think of the Accumicon.

1 Like

Launch of SN11 was scrubbed earlier today, because there was no FAA approval yet

2 Likes

Starship SN11 - High Altitude Flight Test

I missed the launch of SN11, but for those who wish to watch again, check out the video below:

Not much is visible, especially at landing, but I guess this reply by Elon Musk is pretty clear:

A different view at landing here, although still hard to make out anything due to the weather conditions. Some loud noises, some debris flying around (timestamp just prior to liftoff):

4 Likes

Elon Musk finally makes it rain… :rofl:

2 Likes

A friend suggested that SpaceX should rename itself to ACME. I could definitely see that work…

4 Likes

Wish it had landed in my yard :money_mouth_face:
Space.com: Debris from SpaceX rocket launch falls on farm in central Washington.
Debris from SpaceX rocket launch falls on farm in central Washington | Space

2 Likes
2 Likes

https://www.nasa.gov/image-feature/blue-dunes-on-the-red-planet

5 Likes
7 Likes
6 Likes
6 Likes

Heads up!

4 Likes

Stuff’s falling outa the sky, heads down! Not up.
:rocket:
:bowing_woman:

3 Likes

Yes. Of course you are correct but, I am the type who has to see it coming. :smile: I mean, I don’t want to miss it.

2 Likes

My parents both survived the WW2 bombing of Liverpool. They used to say “You never hear the one that hits you”.

I wonder if you see the spaceship that turns you into a crater?

2 Likes

You won’t be around to tell anyone if you did see it . Time to invest in a Polaroid camera. Just leave the last, greatest photo near your body so someone else can know.

3 Likes

Interesting thoughts. The last time I played The Sims 3, I sent my sim outside to lay on the ground and watch the clouds. She suddenly made a ‘what?’ sound and was then struck and killed by a falling satellite…I hope this is not an omen. :ghost:

4 Likes

Wait, that can happen in the sims?? :man_facepalming:

2 Likes