Latest Space Missions (& Other Science Stuff)

Yes. Yes it can. I had just created my sim. Sent her outside while I finished decorating the house and BLAM! Game Over :unamused:

2 Likes

Starship SN15 - High Altitude Flight Test

Starship SN15 might launch on May 4th or May 5th for yet another high altitude flight test.

• The FAA has authorized the next 3 launches (SN15 - SN17).
  • Flight TFRs for both May 4th as May 5th.
  • No road closures announced as of yet.

Will update as info becomes available.

Update May 4th: Launch scrubbed due to high altitude winds, another opportunity tomorrow.

1 Like

Starship SN15 - Hop Today?

07:35 pm UTC: Road is closed and we just got a pad clear, so we may be getting a launch today?
09:12 pm UTC: Propellant loading it seems … Condenser
09:39 pm UTC: Farm venting started
09:47 pm UTC: SN15 venting
10:12 pm UTC: Engine chilling (Raptor)

T-01:00 All systems are go!

Website has updated to include SN15 information

Result (Spoiler)

Looked really smooth, I’d say congrats! Yes still a small fire, but I think it will be fine this time

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1390073153347592192

https://twitter.com/katebomb/status/1390078116006092800

8 Likes

Chinese rocket inbound :rocket:

The Long March 5B rocket, which is around 100 feet tall and weighs 22 tons, is expected to enter Earth’s atmosphere “around May 8,” according to a statement from Defense Department spokesperson Mike Howard, who said the US Space Command is tracking the rocket’s trajectory

The European Space Agency has predicted a “risk zone” that encompasses “any portion of Earth’s surface between about 41.5N and 41.5S latitude”

Update:
Debris from an out-of-control Chinese rocket likely plunged into the Indian Ocean, just west of the Maldives, on Saturday night ET, China’s space agency said.

Most of the huge Long March 5B rocket, however, burned up on reentering the atmosphere

4 Likes

Phys.org: In the emptiness of space, Voyager 1 detects plasma ‘hum’.
In the emptiness of space, Voyager 1 detects plasma 'hum'

5 Likes

Plasma hum? There’s only really one thing coming to my mind when hearing those words… :laughing:

4 Likes

China Mars Rover

1 Like