June 30-Precon007 data dump 4-Live Drop, a plushie awaits

I hope this isn’t it for this weekend…there are a lot of community events left to do and only three more weekends to do them in after this.

1 Like

I am wondering if this audio is at night. Something about it makes me think so. Also it sounds like a beacon is activated and placed down to the ‘left’ side. What makes me think so is there is a clear ‘static sound’ near the very end of the audio clip, very short, like a radio switched on and in operation.

Maybe this is a rescue, a signal to be picked up. Until rescue arrives the ‘stranded’ Co-Ops have to stay alive.

4 Likes

I’m betting on another dreamer very soon

2 Likes

Could the sound of the beast towards the end be an ALIEN attacking the interlopers!!

2 Likes

I had the same thought because of the froggy croaking sounds. But, there’s birdies singing, too. So, it’s hard to say.

4 Likes

In terms of the new clip that unlocked today I think it confirms more or less what we’ve been suspecting all along…that multiplayer will be gated in some way…either to a new game mode or to a new galaxy, or is potentially invite based coop…so not likely to affect the status quo in the least and PvP should only be there for the people who actually want it and very specifically agree to get into it. What this should also mean is there shouldn’t be any way shape or form for the new ships to be multicrew as the game will still be for the most part single player…all of which would be the best possible news.

5 Likes

The ships could still be multi crew, just not necessary to fly them, but I’m leaning your way.

that some sort of CSD gang sign he’s throwing up there? lol

2 Likes

If the ships were still multi crew they’d be useless to all existing game mods and to all existing saves…that’s not going to happen. If that were the case we wouldn’t have been shown the case on two separate occasions, they would have kept them more low key as they’d be irrelevant to the existing games.

No, you can have multi crew ships that don’t need multiple people in them. If you had multiple people - they could do w/e but aren’t necessary to the actual function. Like ED does with crew members.

Lol he’s playing an old game, if you look at the circle he can hit you- but it’s supposed to be below the waist(the sign, not the punch)

2 Likes

They could at most carry more people just like our freighters could carry more people…but that has literally nothing to do with any of the freighter’s functions so it’s not a multi crew vessel. There’s a difference between something potentially being capable to carrying people and being multi-crew…a very big difference.

Oh for sure, like I said I’m leaning your way, but as an example ; the new ship has guns people can use - but if no one is on but you, you control them. I agree though that it wouldn’t add anything to the sp side of things

Well it would add the new ships and whatever their functions may be exactly…which I’m absolutely sure they’re not just tiny freighters to haul people around in. Whatever their functions they’re about guaranteed to be something new and interesting or they wouldn’t have been shown to us twice already. We’d have literally no use for them if they were just tiny budget freighters to haul people around in. They’ll end up being some form of exocraft carriers and/or serve as much bigger landable ships to land…almost like a portable base ground base of sorts and could even slot into freighters. There’s definitely more to them than just tiny freighters.

1 Like

Yeah I agree - HG loves their solo explorers , we will enjoy whatever the update brings

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking about the Dreamers. I’m predicting that we get a Grandmother, next. :older_woman:

4 Likes

Would be hilarious if we got someone’s beloved pet chihuahua next. Pet therapy is common among some pet owners, :grin:

5 Likes

Maybe we can’t access 2311 because it’s a monkey

3 Likes

Or, how about you hire a Vykeen gunner at that space station over there?

4 Likes

I would find that highly entertaining, I just can’t see it though.