June 14th-June 19th - Uplink App Update In Progress

Thanks for clearing up that @DevilinPixy and @kerdorin. It has been quite confusing.

1 Like

So these are the first names (presumably) of the Dreamers, plus the iteration number.
We just need to free them.
tries to hold back NMS theories and references

Not sure if you caught my post with the Full Node Chart, but you can check it here for full details.

3 Likes

Cool. Is this chart incomplete? I found this linked on the Waking Titan Game Detectives pages.
You can find it @DevilinPixy on the second Tab of the node spreadsheet thing.

1 Like

Not helmets, according to W/ARE the Dreamers wear these headsets, I think:

@Jupiter.blues, again, according to W/ARE I think they are using the 3-D holograms to prove the capacity of the human brain, as a way to show that 3-D worlds can be an enjoyable experience for all ‘Dreamers’.

It is almost complete. I found there were 2 nodes not listed, although not having a result. The spreadsheet is a very good and useful source, although not always as clear when it comes to solutions. Another downside is not easily being able to use the links listed.

I decided to go through the full puzzle and show everything in a flow chart instead, including links, images, and solutions. It just gives a different overview, more complete and likely easier/better to check out, depending on your preference.

4 Likes

I think yours is brilliant and sure I have said this before :slight_smile: And happy to say so again!!

1 Like

Ah, I assumed you linked the spreadsheet., but now realised it is the chart made by Discord user Your Basic Maths. The chart is correct, although I have not fully checked it.
I’ll quote his reply to my work:

Edit: Not bad for a hurried frenzy though, in the heat of the moment :wink:

1 Like

I guess Microsoft thinks Fantasy Violence is more appealing than Science Fiction…:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

Emily is gaining even more speed…:sunglasses:

7 Likes

Wow, it looks like she IS going to completely shut down WARE. Also, @WatchingTitan didn’t catch this change.

Edit: Now it caught it, it was just delayed.

4 Likes

new stATUS COMMAND AND LOOP16 COMMAND

status finished downloading

loop16 now working

5 Likes

Because of something in Emily’s last transmission I am thinking that once we are able to interact with the Dreamers, we will be given information about them such that we will be able to identify each one by their response to emotional stimuli that we solve/input. If the colored dots that cross the uplink activity screen can be associated with an emotional response as , (I believe), Polyphemus has intuited, how each dreamer responds to a given stimulus will help us Identify who is who and associate them with their respective memory blocks, thereby allowing them to be defragged and awakened safely.

3 Likes

status changed again

Uplink guidance protocol initiated.

3 Likes

status
Attempting to connect Dreamer 1/3 to the dashboard.

1 Like

Check here instead of the dashboard:
https://uplink.satcom-70.com/

Type ‘help’

5 Likes

Woah. That’s a Looong Conversation.
I’ll Try Transcripting It Now.

Emily :Hey!
Emily : Can you read me?
You : I read you
Emily : Perfect.
Emily : I’m so glad you reached out. I need your help.
You : How can I help?
Emily : Twelve people have been trapped in a state of artificial dreaming, with their minds connected to a satellite in the Myriad network. They’re connected to the satellite by devices that were developed by a company named W/ARE.
Emily : While they were connected to the satellite, huge chunks of their minds’ data has been fragmented and scrambled.
Emily : We can’t extract their minds from the satellite without recovering this data, and we can’t safely disconnect them from their W/ARE devices without first extracting their minds.
Emily : We need to connect to them and talk with them, in the hopes of rebuilding their memory blocks from the fragmented parts. We’ll need to gather information from these conversations, and if that information matches what we have stored in the mainframe, we’ll have a better chance of extracting them safely.
Emily : The information we’re after could be anything, from a strong emotion to a memory of a long-ago toothache.
Emily : Unfortunately, some of the memory blocks appear to have been corrupted. It will be a lot harder, maybe even impossible, to extract the dreamers associated with those blocks.
Emily : It’s important that you get to know the dreamers personally and experience the simulations first-hand, without the outside influence of other Citizen Scientists. The Citizen Science Division will, however, be asked to collaborate to complete larger special tasks for the dreamers.
Emily : Do you have any questions before we begin?
You : I have questions about the memory blocks
Emily : What do you want to know?
You : How will we gather the necessary information?
Emily : I’ll spin up a series of simulations. They can range from totally trivial occurrences like a walk in the park to more emotional events.
Emily : Like a disaster. Or even a war. It depends on what information we want to gather from the person.
Emily : The goal is to test the dreamers with these encounters and to monitor their reactions. We need to adapt to these reactions to dig deeper into their memory.
Emily : They will be confused at first. It’s normal. But they should adapt to the new setting pretty quickly.
Emily : Do you have other questions?
You : What do you mean by that? You already spoke with them?
Emily : Some of them.
Emily : I actually did run some tests while I was waiting for you to catch up to me, to try and see which simulations produced better effects. I did my best to try and gather information from them, but so far I haven’t been very successful.
Emily : So… yeah. Some of them can be pretty spooked at first, but they calm down pretty fast when they realize I’m their only means of getting disconnected from the satellite.
You : How can I validate information I think is correct?
Emily : You need to enter it in the dreamer’s profile. If correct, the information will unlock further memory blocks.
Emily : Stay focused. Some of this stuff is really easy to spot when you come across it, but others could need a bit of work to connect the dots.
You : I have other questions
You : I have questions about the dashboard
You : What is the console in the dashboard and how do I use it?
Emily : This is the Myriad console.
Emily : You might get ahold of special commands for it, which will give you access to Myriad files.
Emily : If you want to know more about the Myriad commands, type the command “help” in the console.
You : Is everything I need on the dashboard?
Emily : It may sometimes be difficult to convince a dreamer to open up.
Emily : To facilitate the communication between us and them, I may need you to take action outside of the satellite console to gather more information, or to do something to make them react.
Emily : If we need to do that, I’ll explained what’s required of you via the dashboard and update you through external platforms where I’m able to communicate. I’ll collect your feedback on those same platforms.
You : How do we start a conversation with a dreamer?
Emily : In the dashboard, you need to click on the dreamer you want to interact with.
Emily : Once you’re in the dreamer’s profile, you’ll need to select an available memory block to begin a simulation.
Emily : Some of the memory blocks are corrupted, and will never be accessible. Others might only be accessible after completing a special task for the dreamer.
Emily : To make the most sense of each dreamer’s memory, I suggest you follow the lines that link the memory nodes together, starting at the initialization node.
You : I’m good to go, thanks
Emily : Awesome.
Emily : I’m initializing the profiles of the dreamers I’ve been able to reach.
Emily : Ready when you are!
You : What about W/ARE?
Emily : Let’s focus on the task at hand, alright? We’ll have plenty of time to talk about W/ARE later.
Emily : Do you have any other questions ?
You : I have questions about the dashboard
You : What is the console in the dashboard and how do I use it?
Emily : This is the Myriad console.
Emily : You might get ahold of special commands for it, which will give you access to Myriad files.
Emily : If you want to know more about the Myriad commands, type the command “help” in the console.
You : I’m good to go, thanks
Emily : Awesome.
Emily : I’m initializing the profiles of the dreamers I’ve been able to reach.
Emily : Ready when you are!
You : Why should I do this? I don’t trust you
Emily : I don’t blame you, it’s totally reasonable not to trust me. But we need to work together on this.
Emily : I’m the only means for us to extract these dreamers without heavy casualties.
Emily : If you’re willing to work with me, I promise to be as transparent as possible.
Emily : Do you have any other questions?
You : I’m ready
Emily : Good luck.

GUIDANCE PROTOCOL ENDED

6 Likes

It now has sound! Sounds like heartbeats…:scream:

4 Likes
3 Likes