Is there another Evil Entity in NMS-WT?

Show me. I haven’t seen that lore.

I differentiate between the player, and the NPC travelers. We know other travelers existed before us, and before the game begins.

READ the flipping lore!!! Were you sleeping during the bloody story when the 16 minute count-down began!!

There is also the literal fact that each and every player is “the last of the travelers” for their simulation…no player is anything but the final traveler…the simulated created traveler creator traveler…that absolutely cements the fact no players could have been part of the ancient ones because they were all DEAD before the start of the game…there are no more travelers after the creator travelers, after the players.

Relative to which iteration? There are many universes, not all following the same timeline. Some ended before others. The barrier for those universes may have destabilized well before ours even existed. It’s clear from the lore that the problem has existed for a very long time.

Implying there can be more than one? Now you’re contradicting yourself.

WRONG!! ALL NMS players play the exact same story, have the exact same lore…and in EVERY…SINGLE…ONE…the ancients are DEAD before the game begins and before the player travelers come in.

Do I need to remind you where you started this trash argument with?

Different player per different simulation…no more than one in each simulation but the lore and timeline identical for ALL!! Zero contradiction…basic facts even a toddler could comprehend.

Not to choose sides, but one thing is bothering me about this. It sounds like you’re saying all Travellers are made up of us players, but that can’t be true if we see other Travellers as NPCs, not players. For all we know, some simulations could be the same as ours, and others could be different like one with a multisword (mentioned by Travellers) and a different timeline. I agree with some of both of you guys’ points, but disagree with others. This fact was just bothering me. Bye!

Btw this argument is kinda dumb imo.

3 Likes

That’s NOT what I’m saying…what I am saying is no two travelers(NPC or player) could exist in the same simulation before the 10 minute mark of the countdown as clearly stated by the lore. So no two travelers could have fought a war against the sentinels. This is true for ALL simulations!! The lore makes it extremely clear that travelers are not intended to meet by the Atlas and are only able to do so at the end when the Atlas is dying because its systems start taking damage and the different simulations begin to overlap.

1 Like

Is it not possible the war started after the 10 minute mark?

NO!! It isn’t!! We know how long a minute in the simulation is!! The countdown from 16 to 0 occurs over exactly 16 warp jumps. All aside from the fact that we hear about the demise of the ancients before said countdown even bloody begins!!

You’re literally looking for straws to grasp at in the face of clear facts…STOP it.

So the countdown begins when that part of the storyline is reached? And the barriers don’t fall until the “10 minute” mark?

Then why can we find travelers well before that point in the story?

You don’t find travelers before…you intercept communications from Artemis(who is dead), null and Apollo and find basically echoes of long dead travelers…dead travelers that each mark a grave where they died for you and who cannot fight wars and have no ships…the story makes a huge deal out of the fact that when you and Appolo are in the same place you do not see each other…because you are in different simulations.

The whole opening part of the story is literally about travelers trying to meet but never could because they do not exist in the same simulation.

Again, I agree with you. I must’ve missed the 10 minute part you said in the constant flow of posts. :yum: Although, I don’t think the warping is how long a minute is. I mean, you could just not warp then, and that would mean a minute doesnt go down? I think that’s just warping breaks a little piece of the simulation or something, giving you a data injection. And what if you DON’T choose a new galaxy, like me? It says in the log something about "The ATLAS is dying, but on an alien timescale. There are years, even millennia, for me to explore before the ATLAS dies. " Something like that. So the 16 minutes dont actually pass in the game, that’s outside of it in the ATLAS’ non simulated world. It just resets the simulations in an attempt to fix itself or whatever.

1 Like

Just the 10 minute mark could have happened before still, and you come into existence during it. After other Travellers and such. And even then, a minute could be thousands of years in game. It’s all confusing, probably intentionally. Just like space and the universe in real life.

1 Like

The story happens the same in every galaxy that we can go to…the idea is we’re not actually going anywhere…we’re rebooting the simulation with different planets and star systems and so on but all with the same preset lore…the story doesn’t repeat but can occur in any given galaxy if you go there before starting the story. And the reason that the universe doesn’t actually end if you don’t reboot the simulation is because it’s a simulation of how the Atlas will eventually die…the Atlas isn’t actually dying when you play the story…you know…it’s a simulation.

Ok… but it’s still possible that’s just one of many possible stories, and happens to be the same story for all player Travellers. NPC Travellers may have different stories, even elements and stuff, like they have mulitswords. I’m not saying I know any of this. Just pondering random thoughts I’m getting and typing them out loud.

The story makes it clear that across all simulations no two travelers can meet until the end of days when the Atlas dies…there is no differentiation made between player and NPC traveler in that aspect.

Right. But the timeline for any given iteration can differ. There is lore to suggest other iterations have come and gone at a time well before the player existed. Their 16 minute timer began and ended a long time ago. They could have interacted with each other during their final 10 minutes.

Unless the player is the last traveler, all the others are actually dead, and the player can never meet another traveler.

None of that is relevant to us…in theory anything could be possible in alternate realities but none of them apply to us, the players…and the Atlas seems to predict its death to be at the same time regardless of the simulation although technically speaking there could be hypothetical realities where the ancients didn’t die or one of the other three races were wiped out instead or whatever…none in any way relevant to us or the content HG are making.

1 Like

But you CAN meet and interact with Traveller NPCs BEFORE the 16 minute countdown in the story, regardless of what the story says.

2 Likes

Which is my entire point. I said it was possible, not that it was a fact.

1 Like

But none of them are there…Null and Apollo are in alternate simulations…you get to the same place at Apollo and you don’t see each other…the others are echoes of long dead travelers…no two are alive at the same time in the same simulation.

1 Like