Introduction Thread

Hey everyone I’m Lozthope I’m from Alabama & been a Ham radio operator for years usually stick to the 2 meter band I only have a handheld radio atm. I also have been playing No Mans Sky sense launch. Been keeping up with the mystery here sense the first live drop but haven’t been able to really be involved in it due to being out of town. Now that I’m home looking forward to exploring all the waking titan stuff. It’s nice to see 2 of my favorite things combined amateur radio and No Mans Sky. Anyone one else here from the southeast?

8 Likes

Hey. Like most of the latecomers, I’m here purely because of the Waking Titan ARG, and boy, is my cranial unit spinning…

Not really into the whole HAM radio thing, though the parent of a friend of mine is a licensed radio operator. Maybe that’s close. :yum:

I’m kind of a polymath. Interests in science, art, science-fantasy, video games, writing fiction, roleplaying, philosophy, theology, spooky actions, alien space babes, interdimensional travel, electronic music - have a small collection of cheap synthesizers, effects and studio gear I manage to make sound pretty slick. Produced a couple of albums recently for my friend Gary Kaplan who is currently living in Israel.

I’m not much of a puzzle solver. I’m more into big picture pondering and the space babes.

6 Likes

You’ll find a southern welcome here friend. I’ve noticed quite a few of us are from the lower half lol

Okie here, I did quite a bit of CB as a kid, then some dabbling in my teens. No man’s sky is a house fave here as well. Welcome aboard Traveller!

1 Like

Hi, my Name is Andy and im living in Germany, near Brunswick in lower saxony.

I’am a NMS Player since it came out and it is still a game that i enjoy very much. I actually just restarted the game (the 4th time, i think :smile: ) to have the beginner experience again.

And i’m really excited of what will come.

Brunswick is not the biggest town in Germany, but we have a few interesting things. The most famous sightseeing thing in our town is…the Lion!!

Bye, and see you all in Euclid…

4 Likes

Hey, I’m codex. I’ve been active on the Discords more than here but I’ve been meaning to make an account, and I did the other day! My mother has been working in commercial radio for most of my life, but I lost interest in it around middle school age. I’ve got zero experience with ham radio, I’m actually a biology nerd! :nerd_face:

6 Likes

:wink:

Welcome aboard!
The more eyes the better. Who knows? We may need biology soon :wink:

1 Like

Hello. Been lurking these forums since the start of the WT ARG. NMS veteran. Proud citizen of the Euclidian Galactic Hub. Located in Montreal, QC, Canada.

Worked in the videogame industry for 10 years now, guitarist, synth droner, fractal enthusiast. Trying to contribute to the investigation as much as I can from now on, even though I mostly enjoy seeing people resolve the enigmas. I’m especially down to do heavy lifting in-game due my navigating abilities and my forte is speculation and attention to detail.

Sean Murray is my spirit animal.

6 Likes

Hello everyone, I’m Abi!
I’ve always been an avid radio fan, from way back when my mother used to play me BBC Radio 4 as a child. In my early 20s I was a DJ for community radio and hospital stations in London.

Now I live on a cattle station in the Australian outback, with no phone reception my preferred form of communication is through the station’s handy two way radios!

4 Likes

Hey, guys! I’m UZO.

I’m a moderator over at /r/NoMansSkyTheGame and an admin on the No Man’s Sky server. I’m one of the cassette recipients and glad to be a part of this whole shebang!

Looking forward to what we uncover next :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Welcome to the rabbit hole UZO! It’s about time!

3 Likes

Thanks! Yeah, I’ve been browsing a bit but decided to pull the trigger on the account!

2 Likes

Hello there my name is Sith921 , I have walked many miles and seen many things , some I can explain and others my mind cant even begin to know , my journey from beginning to where it is now has been long and hard but my the thing that keeps me going is the voices.

4 Likes

Hello all! I am MoebiusRex also known as Automator. I’m an industrial automation programmer by day and tinkerer by night. Love this community and look forward to working together!

6 Likes

Hi there! I’m lurkingduke and I’m a Computer Science student who’s here hoping to contribute in some small way to solving all these mysteries! Hopefully I’ll be useful at some point but I’m sure I’m not the only programmer who’s hopped on board, haha.

7 Likes

Welcome aboard, PaterDelphinus! This environment is highly conducive for scientific (and beyond) discussion. 12/16 here :wink:

2 Likes

Hi all
I’m Daniel from Israel rocket and satellite engineer by day and space explorer by night.
This is my first ARG and its COOL, the community is grate and I look forward to phase 2 and 3

6 Likes

Hello all,

I’m “Rambaldi” (nickname) from Belgium and I’m Servicedesk employee.
And my specialty is out-of-the-box thinking, to despair and respect of my colleagues :wink:

I like space stuff (space and astronomy). So I like a lot the world of NMS, already been there for over 719 hours.

Steam account : darkflemish

5 Likes

So , I also realize that i didnt properly introduce my self , I am from Serbia , general physician currently on pediatric specialization . Love SF , love NMS and from now love ARGs . Doubt that I can help a lot , but definitely glad to be here .

3 Likes

PaterDelphinus

I’m never going to escape the dolphin dad title…

1 Like

Hey just wantet to say hello to everyone^^ I followed this site a bit longer but now i wanted to register myself :grinning:

5 Likes