Introduction Thread

Hi-di-ho! Found out about this place some time ago and decided to finally join in. Expect lots of pictures from me as that’s my favorite thing to do in NMS. :camera_flash:

13 Likes

Welcome @Flora_Marsky, we enjoy seeing them!

4 Likes

Welcome! Looking forward to your photos of BEYOND. :wave:

5 Likes

Welcome Flora, always nice to meet a new traveller and budding citizen scientist! Already enjoying your contributions and look forward to all those photos you’re promising :smiley:

7 Likes

Welcome @Whispery_Whale and @Flora_Marsky. Better late than never, my welcome that is. Here’s hoping Beyond has not caused any major issues. I feel lucky. I only had to reduced my resolution so my laptop would run cooler than 90c. But, Im in Arizona too so, bring on winter and I can crank up the graphics! And use the laptop as a heater :laughing:

10 Likes

Hey guys! 28 years old, science and tech geek, I study astrophysics and quantum mechanics in college! 4th year! I play apart of the galactic Hub! Euclid Galaxy on PS4 ADD: DannLcus

14 Likes

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay!

4 Likes

Welcome traveller friend, have fun!

3 Likes

Welcome, @Dannlcus. Cool studies!

3 Likes

Welcome!
New to the game or just this forum?

3 Likes

Hello! I just found this, so I’m going to read, learn, then try to participate on some level. I really enjoy playing NMS on my gaming PC and look forward to learning more about this.

14 Likes

Welcome on board @Lhotse

5 Likes

Welcome to the community @Lhotse!

4 Likes

There’s been a few new arrivals lately & few returning old members, which is great so I’d like to extend a warm welcome :hugs: to all, as we approach yet another interesting era in No Man Sky history.

We all play nice here & leave the attitudes to other forums.
All platforms playing NMS are welcome here so remember to state your platform if base sharing or experiencing an issue.
Use @ at the begining of a member’s name if you wish to address them directly in a post.
Don’t be shy about asking for help as you can be sure someone will jump in with friendly advice & maybe try the search option before starting a fresh topic.
Welcome!
:rocket:

8 Likes

@Lhotse Welcome to the forums!

Are you a Pratchett’s Discworld fan?

5 Likes

I’m afraid I’ve never heard of it. Sorry. If you’re referring to my name, ‘Lhotse’ is the 4th highest peak in the world and I summited it once after a failed attempt at the summit of Mt Everest. (Lhotse is the sister peak)

9 Likes

I’m impressed by your achievement! :heart:

Pratchett has a zen-like character also known as “the Sweeper” who tends a bonsai mountain and carries it in his backpack. In various novels, his name changes if I remember correctly, but it is always very close to the name of your famous mountain.

Pratchett wrote 41 humorous, heartwarming novels in his Discworld series. I listen to them on audio book now. Discworld - Wikipedia

4 Likes

A reintroduction of some sorts.

I’ve been away for a few months and hiding from the digital realm. I think I’m ready to return. I think about this place and all the people I met here quite a lot. I hope you’ve all been keeping well and I’m hoping to ease back in to my regular activity level.

See you all around the forums very soon <3

Citizen T0dd

13 Likes

I kind of envy you. Some of the greatest literature of the 21rst century is still waiting for you. You have one hell of a journey ahead of you if you’re willing to embark on it.
Edit: Whoa, old post was old. Hadn’t realised :flushed:
Point still stands, though…

5 Likes

Hi everyone, I don’t know how active this forum is honestly, and I happened on this a few weeks ago searching for some answers. I see this is forum has evolved in the last few years…

I am a NMS Xbox player. Used to be an avid pc gamer from the early 90’s in MSDOS up until about 2010 when I switched to console for $$ purposes.

I have no radio experience other than I know what a HAMM? radio is lol.

I play mostly RPGs, fps, sim/survival and strategy games. My first PC was a Pentium 2 166 that I ran MechWarrior 2, Elder scrolls Arena, and Abe’s odessey on.

I enjoy reading fantasy/sci fi and am currently trying to learn Japanese. I know basic Spanish and some sign language. Big metal head- I listen to a lot of Techdeath and also enjoy classical instrumentals.

I work in Automotive Manufacturing in Quality.

Sorry for the strange intro, I don’t think I’ve ever introduced myself like this… :sweat_smile:

11 Likes