Introduction Thread

Belated Welcome, Murioā€¦ again. :grin:

1 Like

Hi!

I cannot say how long I have looked for a NMS forum!!! I came this close to joining Reddit!

Suddenly I think I should have looked more at the welcome stuff, because somehow I have never seen this forum software. Which is weird because I have been on a LOT of gaming forums over the pastā€¦uhā€¦twenty years or soā€¦

Morrowind et al, X3, Civilizationā€¦those are the communities I am probably best known in. Anyway, good to be here!

9 Likes

Welcome aboard @Timsup2nothin ! We are much nicer than your average redditerā€¦you made a wise choice. :wink:

5 Likes

Itā€™s surprisingly user-friendly. :slight_smile: The forum was originally part of an ARG (alternate reality game where clues are left on fake company web pages), and it proved to be useful and popular, so they kept it.
Itā€™s powered by discourse.org (I looked that up in the page source, in case I ever have to start a forum). :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

And has friendly users!

6 Likes

Welcome @Timsup2nothin make yourself at home. We are one big happy No Manā€™s Sky Family here. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Hello @Timsup2nothin . Welcome to our little support group.

As the nurses will have told you, NMS cannot be cured. There are, however, a variety of coping strategies that can be employed to enable you to live a more fulfilling life.

Group members are happy to share their experience of dealing with the day-to-day difficulties NMS causes. Please feel free to ask.

*Note - The perimiter guards are there for your own security. They will not shoot you as long as you stay away from the fence.

7 Likes

I like it here already!

I actually found it while looking for a way to deal with a bug, but the bug has been resolvedā€¦well, worked around. I haveā€¦played a lot :blush: ā€¦so most of the day to day frustrations I just push through, but I will certainly ask any new questions that come up.

I seem to have been dealt the hot hand for my new Frontiers playthrough so even the usual frustrations are easy to push through right nowā€¦my first freighter distress call was a big green S class! I couldnā€™t believe it. Then in the same system I got the settlement distress call from a tropical? overgrown??..one of those planets thatā€™s not quite a paradise but is sure close enough, so my whole settlement experience has been outlandishly pleasant compared to some of the stories I am seeing. I even had cash in hand the very first time I saw an S class fighterā€¦this may be my most good luck play through ever if this keeps up.

(in before I go back to game to find out my frigate fleet has been annihilated)

9 Likes

Hey, everyone. Not sure how active Iā€™ll be here, but Iā€™ve been playing this game for a good while now and thought this place seemed fun. Iā€™m an artist and writer first and foremost, but Iā€™m alsoā€¦ good at trivia, I guess? Not sure what else to say.

13 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Realshow ! Look forward to seeing your NMS adventures and other creative ventures. We are a small but cozy group. Enjoy!

5 Likes

Welcome! Have fun!

3 Likes

Hello all. Iā€™ve been gone for over a year and had to search for this wonderful forum.
I couldnā€™t remember the initials ETARC. Found it finally by searching through Waking Titan sites.
Used my previous name and my image was still stored here and linked to my user name.
Iā€™m a truck driver again with a different company and itā€™s going great.
Hi @sheralmyst Iā€™m back!!

6 Likes

10-4. Catch you on the flip flop and keep checkinā€™ your back door. :smile:

4 Likes

This is a family forum. Please refrain from references to perverse sexual practices.

5 Likes

I donā€™t know what the flip-flops are used for. You are obviously more educated on the subject than I amā€¦

6 Likes

Flip flops & back doors sounds like a recipe for falling down my back staircase. :grimacing:

5 Likes

Iā€™m no lot lizard, but when you sandbag while boogieing down the boulevard to Wally world, you pick up a few things.
:rofl: you guys crack me up. Thanks!

4 Likes

Hey gang!!!

So I have been playing other games forā€¦a while? A long while? Hard to say because I have been, as usual, totally compulsive about itā€¦anywayā€¦

A friend just clued me in that I have missed a pretty large expansion/improvement so I am BACK in the multiverse of mayhem.

So far in my new play I have seenā€¦frigate flyovers? That seems cool. Just optics I am guessing, though maybe if my ship is really close I might fly after them at some point just toā€¦wellā€¦hmmmā€¦I dunnoā€¦ Suddenly this seems like a dog chasing cars kind of idea, like, yeah, no idea what to do if I catch themā€¦butā€¦

I also notice my ship has cargo slots, which seems new and different.

I also seem to be dealing with tougher opposition in ship to ship combat, but that may just be because I am one) out of practice, and two) following through on using the default dlight controls instead of switching to the very much easier to use flight controls and then bitching about how the combat is too easy.

Anyway, good to be back in the game, and also great to be here because I remember this forum very fondly.

6 Likes

No, combat has definitely gotten more challenging. Which in itself isnā€™t saying much, I mean, even comparing it to a walk in the park before was stretching it quite impressively. It calls for a bit more thought and a bit more upgrading now. Carry some shield batteries with you (I forget what theyā€™re called properly), or put in a good phase beam, that can also recharge shields quite well.

The rocket launcher is also to be recommended, as it has an absolutely devastating effect on an unshielded hull (most of the time one-shotting an opponent with depleted shields), and the rockets seem to have some guidance now, so itā€™s really not that hard to hit with them.

I have found a good phase beam in combination with a rocket launcher to be perfectly sufficient to deal with almost anything the universe throws at me, the only exception really being the sentinels, who recharge shields too fast to get a rocket in most of the time, which is why I found a weapon that does less damage to shields, but can do double damage when hitting from behind to be more effective against them.
But do carry some shield batteries if you donā€™t have a phase beam. Iā€™d consider that non-optional.

5 Likes

We also just had an Expediton.

There is still time to work it. 9 days left so you may want to start right away. It intros Pirate Stations and sends you to Galaxy 90.
Be thankful you missed HG balancing pirate attacks. At first, we were under constant attack. :scream: :rofl: Now, there are no pirates in calm, peaceful or similar type systems.

6 Likes