In-Game ARG Activity

It’s currently easier for PC users to navigate, using mods. But if 1.3 includes usable navigation, it’s a level playing field.

With all this talk of technological limitations that seems to point at the PS4 being too weak and how they only drop Steam Keys for the Mercury Process also has me worried about this quite a bit.

I’m also curious, aren’t all discoveries, PC and PS4 alike, uploaded to the same server? I know Perma Death, Normal, Survival and Creative are all in a shared instance. I’d be shocked if PC discoveries where in a separate instance of the discovery server. Why split it? Has anyone even tried to find the Loop16 terminal on PS4??? :triumph:

EDIT: Add to that the whole Azure Voyage thing, which gave hints of the game using a form of frustum culling using cloud technology (Microsoft Azure???) to give the simulation more processing power on the fly, would seem unlikely that Microsoft Azure would be used for the PS4 version. Pure politics. Microsoft vs. Sony. Unless Sony has their own proprietary cloud processing platform (that i’m not aware of right now)…

1 Like

Maybe that’s why the last Icon was a GPS or a Marker Icon? :face_with_monocle:

Yup, as was made clear with the initial communication station, HG can insert one into a system/planet without “discovering” the system, but they can only do this on the PC end it seems due to Sonys T&C with the PSN etc

The coordinate for the new comm-ball is 0469:0081:0D6D:0146

(thanks to fbowes in the GameDetectives Discord!)

4 Likes

So I just moved from ps4 to pc…and I am 10 levels below hub! So I would assume getting closer in a hurry is out of the question. I am trying to figure this all out…

How many jumps? 10 levels seems close enough when put that way. I’d say anything under 80 jumps to the Hub fringes is easy enough and shouldn’t take more than a couple hours if you’re well-stocked in warp cells. Just make sure you stop every 5-10 jumps to acquire new coordinates make sure you’re still on track

The status command has updated:

-// Subroutine Output Log //-

Traveller Proximity Detected.
Continue sequence retrieval.
Total units: 8

4 Likes

Here’s number 8 again…

Good find @codex

@Malveka: might want to update your original post with this new development so newcomers can keep up to date more easily.

Looks like we where right on the money when we said there would be 8 sequences. One of them was apparently found by accident…

We’re looking for undiscovered planets with communication stations on them.

2 Likes

Yes! Seeing the same response. It seems to me that this is an indicator that the ARG has moved in-game. Specifically “Traveller Proximity Detected”!

1 Like

Wow you were right! Good call on the number 8!

3 Likes

To be fair I could only make this call about the number because I misquoted you hahahaha :joy:

This is going to truly be looking for a needle in a haystack if they don’t give us more of a clue as to where the other comm stations are.

The pattern so far has been communication stations on undiscovered worlds. Aberrations, if you will.

So… anything undiscovered in the Rentocniijik Expanse seems fair game to plow through. I’d also look at anything community-related that popped up in the WHOIS registry earlier. I’ll need some help here.

Original post updated! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m ready.

6 Likes

Are we sure this was found in Rento? Lots of the regions around Rento are now considered to be part of the Galactic Hub. If it is all in Rento, that’s all well and good, but if they are hidden elsewhere in the galaxy, there is literally millions of planets to check…

1 Like

Speaking just for myself…I have no other link to what is happening in the game. Junky internet is a problem for one thing. This forum is my only link to what is going on… :worried: so I really appreciate all updates.

Literally joined this forum solely to reply to this topic: it should also be pointed out that there are 8 outstanding cassette tapes as well.

(2, 5, 8, 11, 13, 14, 15, and 16. Cobra was #9.)

5 Likes

I’m currently verifying this information.

We’re quite obviously missing some clues here. Guess we gotta wait for the mailman.