I hope they plan on fixing these!

Couple more.

The first one - there’s NO way the top half of this tower could be built as the parts are in NEXT without the snapping function of the wall-cuboid room, then the corner post-wall snap.

Another one that in no way could be built in NEXT.

20180630233905_1

7 Likes

I see your point. I’m just not creative enough at building to do stuff like that. Those are some georgeous bases, by the way!

2 Likes

Thanks!

Luckily, I still have a GOG version of the game that’s still on 1.38 (Atlas Rises) that I can build to my hearts content with.

I hope they plan on fixing those parts in NEXT though, because everything else about the update is amazing!

1 Like

One very important aspect is that these old infrastructure parts, cuboid room parts, and base room prefab parts are all in the same scale. They all conform to the same basic grid size, allowing the different part types to solidly mix together. The new parts follow a different scale that clashes with the originals, making it difficult to use them together well.

2 Likes

Happy cake day!

1 Like

Thanky much! :}

1 Like

Still no fix in the latest experimental patch.

1.58, and still no fix for these building parts!

I’ve had the impression things like base buildin peices etc are low on thef priority list as it isn’t as game breaking as a lot of the other stuff, as they say, high priority bugs are at the forefront.

I’ve a feeling now that things are more solid and whatnot and community events have arrived with new base parts, they’ll be giving some much needed attention to these issues now.

I know legacy saves have the carbon planter which doesn’t even show up in the list for new saves, but fence post and platform items are in my new save list. Fingeys cwossed it gets sorted soon :heart:

3 Likes

Still no fix with the latest experimental build as of September 16th.

I really must be the only one missing these parts!

1 Like

still no fix in 1.60

I made a post on reddit about this, and also shared it on twitter along with a DM to Sean.

While everyone is building their wooden huts, nobody is talking about how the old infrastructure parts are broken…

3 Likes

I’m sure they get a million DMs on twitter they probably don’t check them, best measure is to submit to zen desk as that is the correct avenue and they tackle the issues with the most tickets first and work down, it wouldn’t hurt to submit another zen desk ticket if you already did in the past.

I know I did a few months ago but with the influx of new players chances are a lot of people don’t even know this is an actual issue and so it keeps getting pushed down the list.

I’ll make another zen desk post about it too to help. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks Todd, Yeah, I’ve sent another Zendesk report as well. Trying all possible avenues including a reddit post entitled “Bases that cannot be built in NMS NEXT” just trying to get someone’s attention.

1 Like

I think quite a few people have noticed problems integrating old and new parts. Here is part of the discussion from a different topic:

2 Likes

There’s a new survey in this week’s official development update. One question specifically asks about base building parts. Perfect opportunity to ask for these classic inrastructure parts back. It was the first thing I put in my answer (even specified a reason about the advantages of matching scale pieces). I also requested curved new-style walls/floors/roofs, angle-oriented walls, and elevators (ladders are so dang slow now).

7 Likes

My requests were almost identical to yours. I also requested parts to allow better integration with Legacy base parts

I didn’t include an elevator idea, but I like it! I just hadn’t thought about it.

3 Likes

Awesome guys! Maybe we’ll get those parts back in working order after all.

If they’re really “listening intently” that is!

1 Like

Andvator would be awesome!

Well, so far, it looks like the old infrastructure parts from the Foundation Update are a no show in Beyond.

I do love what they’ve done with the power systems and other building parts/mechanics though.

1 Like