Help a fellow Traveller

I need some help with connecting the the portal glyphs with representative numbers.

Some interlopers say bird,bird, ship, sun, etc when they can’t show a screenshot of the Glyph Sequence for a particular planet.

Others use Hex codes, finding it more convenient for the way they think.

I notice that in some of Xaine’s videos he uses numerical representations, 1 through 16.

Does anyone know if the 1 he uses is the first glyph in the layout? (the sun on water symbol iirc), and 2 is the bird, etc.? Cause Hex is too much for my pea-brain to figure out when I’m trying to input an unfamiliar portal address.

For instance, I believe this is Hex for a planet’s portal (or its location on the Galaxy Map (Euclid/normal/PC): 044C:0083:0D55:00BA
What numbers would represent that address numerically, 1-16?

On one of xaine’s videos

Xaine's You Tube Video

S CLASS MAX FIGHTER! & Ship Spawn Testing in No Man's Sky - YouTube

he states that we can find the S-class ship I’m looking for at this address (Euclid/normal/PC): 2-1-12-11-1-5-6-6-7-13-5-14
Does that translate numerically to like Bird, Sun on Water, etc?

As you can probably tell I’m fairly muddle-headed about this. If it were me, I would number them 1-8 on the top row of the input window, and 9-16 for the bottom row. Is that what he means, you think?

TIA

2 Likes

The numerical are probably Hex but with decimal at the end instead of A B C etc…

The easiest for you is to chek this wiki page

just change A, B, C … by 10, 11, 12…

Edit:
He used a 16 in an adress so for him it’s 1 to 16 and not 0 to 15 so think to take the number -1 :wink:

3 Likes

@TravelEcho
As I understand it there are a few ways people share glyphs.
The hardest is hexadecimal which I just ignore cos Im a bit dumb.
The early share method was to say 1-16 counting the glyphs from left to right. The sun/water being 1 and the tri-force being 16.
That was quickly replaced by this sequence which is based off the sequence used on the WT disks.

This sequence is the one I most commonly find used on comms and here on this forum.
The sequence you included in your post actually is a coordinate in NMS & by using PigrimStarPath it correlates to a portal address.

No matter what: to acquire the ship you want you must first be located in the appropriate system and have access to ships. If you just walk through a portal you will not see any ships at all. You must travel there, move there or warp there.

2 Likes

There are a lot of things in the game that have no specific use at this time.
Keep what ya thing ya need.

3 Likes

Ah, duh! :foggy: brain. I didn’t think of that! Thanks! :heart:

Good noob advice. :wink:
Yes. I was planning on travelling there once I bookmarked? System marked? it on the Galactic map.

I do appreciate you posting the translation from the PilgrimStarPath. Those pages don’t show up properly for me in my browser due to settings I require for being visually extremely light sensitive.

2 Likes

Ya, good advice, @zsigmond. So far only three haulers not quite full. :grin:

1 Like

You may also want to check out the below tools, which each have several features:
https://pahefu.github.io/pilgrimstarpath/

3 Likes

Thank you @DevilinPixy

I’m so disappointed that my browser settings displays this page as only empty boxes for me. :`(

Github pages and google pages start out with white text on black until they fully load and then they turn blinding white. It can get frustrating. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for sharing, though. I’m sure others will find it useful. :heart:

1 Like

If you’re on PC, there are different browsers you could try. Firefox is very good. You could also try Google Chrome, and Opera.

2 Likes

I actually use my mobile for the pigrim star app. Since the app was made i rarely use the original.
Maybe those settings are better…?

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice. Yes, PC. I have used Firefox for over a decade. Mozilla and Netscape and Opera before that. The win-doze theme/settings are not supported by many applications/browsers/web pages. One of the reasons I post here frequently is that this site does play nice with my settings. I’m pretty sure it’s the Windows theme settings.

Sites like Imgr (sp?) the photos don’t even show up at all. lol I have to go into page info/Images window to be able to see them.

@Mad-Hatter: My phone is attached the wall, connected to to the answering machine. lol Really, I’m too blind to use those tiny devices.

Thank you both for your kindness. :heart:

3 Likes

Interesting, interesting, interesting…

Someone is LYING.

Is it ATLAS?

I’ve been moving through the galaxies,
I’ve noticed the distortion of space,
It appears it is warped,

Now I have found the information the freighter tells you when on the galactic map is false.

When you start in a galaxy and enter space on the galactic map it shows you the distance you have to get to the center in light years.
I was checking my location and when back in my list to the beginning of this galaxy and clicked on the planet I started on.
The distance that I have traveled is approx 300,000 light years and the distance to that planet is over 1 million light years?
EMILY said she would lie!!!

lol

6 Likes

My previous post was post to be amusing.

BUT

I would appreciate your input, (need input), if you also see this.
Thanks
:beer:

1 Like

Trust no one…

5 Likes

Best results in moving to centers of the galaxy!!
Chain jumping black holes - result:

13 Likes

The above jumping was 5 chain jumping with a distance to 12,000 LY’s

2 Likes

You mean you came out of a black hole in a system with a black hole? 5 times?!

Most of the time no, you exit black hole and immediately jump to next black hole, and keep going.
rarely
does this happen,
but in this case 5 times
generally once in a galaxy does it happen so

2 Likes

@Xion4012 lol, i’ve been doing this a long long long time,
I try to figure out the b est way to get to the center
and chain jumping saves me about 10 warp cells.

2 Likes

Tip:
if you warp into a system with your freighter
and go to the space station and no ship land at the space station.
then jump into ship and land on a planet
call freighter to planet
then go back to space station.
Ships will land again at the space station.

7 Likes