Help a fellow Traveller

Ah, I see, thank you. :sunflower:

2 Likes

Unfortunately the issue you have can affect all charge/repair interaction and is not limited to portals alone. The requirements shown for charge/repair are more or less random, slot(s) can show nothing or some unexpected item. In this case it references ‘MAINTAIN_TECH’ items. Unfortunately nothing much to do about the issue but hope HG will fix it with the upcoming update. You are certainly not alone with this issue and it has been reported in detail.

4 Likes

Yep. My last portal interface that died showed a broken lever of some sort. Luckily, I can open new portals & they work for a while. When I choose my next long term base near a portal, I won’t open that portal until after a patch keeps my access safe.
Interestingly, my crashed freighter boxes are back to nice simple requirements & haven’t glitched in ages.
My wife’s game has both the portal glitch & the planter glitch so she’s a bit cranky. She’d just finished her new base on a very particular type of planet environment she’d hunted for, for ages.

I’m philosophical about it.
We once didn’t have bases or portals & we just had our little ship. I can wait it out & play day-one style until a fix comes.

6 Likes

There seems to be a fair amount of stuff left from earlier builds, that’s still hanging around in the code. and can be accessed under glitch conditions.

On PC, if I stand on a planet, and press CTRL and Z simultaneously, I get this:

7 Likes

@TravelEcho re custom waypoint to destination question.
Your portal trip may have taken you anywhere in Euclid so its very likely you have many warps worth of travel to go to that location.
The blue trace-line will only guide you so far but fades out at a system a 1000 or so Ly from your location. If you jump in that direction you will find the trace line extends a little more. You may have literally 100s of warps ahead of you. If you are detirmined to get to that location; base swapping and teleporting would be your best option. If you know someone over there, maybe they can find you a handy system with a useable portal and base.
Hope that helps.

2 Likes

Hello World!

it’s maybe deviating a bit of the current discussion, but I was trying out the @Rinordine’s technique to find crashed ships easily (approx. 1 ship found every 3 minuts).

Beyond the fact that the technique works extremely well, I thought that if anyone wants to spend some time doing it there’s a couple of recipes I got after opening the ship transmitor. Almost every blueprint is anything +1, but still, I got a very interesting one!

(Never forget to blow up the ship before leaving! I made 2 stack of 500k Ti in less than 15 minuts! :beers:)

Hope this can help anyone!

And Last little thing… can anyone tell me what is this? Does it have a special purpose?

4 Likes

Aronium is not particularly useful other than some cash. Not sure if it combines with anything else but if it does its still small money. Sell it and keep on searching for tech.

Edit: see polythemus post below. Is potentially very valuable as part of a crafted item.

2 Likes

Wait, you can blow up ships?! HOW?

2 Likes

Aim and shoot! :wink:

3 Likes

What? With your own ship weapons?
I’ve never tried that.
I’ll have to go find a wreck so I can blow it up now.

4 Likes

Yes!! Once you collected everything, on the ground, you just lift of, calibrate, aim, (don’t forget the little cross sign on your chest) and… FIRE! Ressources here we go! :cocktail:

5 Likes

My life has been changed

4 Likes

Yes, it has a special purpose. It’s potentially extremely valuable.

Aronium is required to make Iridesite, which is in turn required to make a Stasis Device.

And a Stasis Device is worth 18 million.

7 Likes

Oh well, definitly keeping this!

Thanks for the tip!

4 Likes

Keep in mind that you will lose standing with the system race when blowing up crashed ships.

4 Likes

It happened indeed.

But not everytime. Maybe 1 decreasing level over 10 destructed ships.

3 Likes

I stand corrected.
I did peruse my (wifes game) crafting menu before answering but evidently it’s missing a recipe. Thanks @Polyphemus
I typically make circuit boards & freighter fuel so all the other recipes are a bit vague in my old grey matter.

5 Likes

No explanation necessary. You were correct in saying that by itself, it’s not worth much.

Regarding it being an ingredient of something else, you said you didn’t know. It turned out that (by chance), I did.

As I said, it’s potentially worth a lot. But there’s a lot of work between a pile of Aronium and a Stasis Device.

6 Likes

Yes, thank you. I have been putting off dismantling my Circuit Board and Explosives farm and moving some of it to the freighter so I could trip the light fantastic footloose and fancy free. I guess I’ll be doing it sooner than later. I’d much rather just claim a base there (there is one one only 7 hours away on foot, so it will be much closer by land vehicle) lol
Thanks again.

4 Likes

Bit of an interesting follow-up on the charge-interface-bug mentioned previously.

My wife had the same broken interface on her planter but this time it showed the dragonfly glyph. And this time she was able to interact with it and charged the planter with heridium??? Anyway it worked and the planter functions again.
On top of this, out of curiosity, she checked her local broken portal and it once again let her charge the glyphs and get it too working.
This is the first occurence I’ve heard of where the broken-charge-interface-bug has been repaired.
All very odd.

4 Likes