Have you been to the center of the galaxy?

I don’t know if someone has already mentioned this but most players will know…

A portal address which is close to the centre of a galaxy can be used as a quick jump to NEAR the centre of ALMOST ANY other galaxy - it will just vary a bit for each galaxy used in… I have however heard that some addresses will fail to work in some galaxies.

This ‘trick’ alone makes galaxy traversal about a quintillion times easier!

1 Like

Right! So I should get to working on that?? Hmmmm think I’m picking up what your putting down

I just now made it to the center of Euclid! Wooo!!

Poked around the haze zone a bit, and saw some strange things…
[potential spoiler below]

So I got to the end of the Path to the Center, but I didn’t make the jump. Instead, I just zoomed into the haze zone from the galactic map, and got as close to the glowing singularity as I could- felt like a cat batting at a ball.
When I was close to the center, around 100 ly or so, I pinged for discoveries and a “contact” appeared. The word “contact” was just floating there in empty space, as if above a hidden or invisible star system. Before too long, another ping caught my ear, and sure enough, another “contact” floated before me in the void.
I did this for a while, and found a chain of 5 of these "contact"s, where I could toggle one right after then other (using L1 on PS4). They were always in fixed locations, but not always visible from all angles. I grabbed a video capture of all this, and will try to upload it if people are interested.

Like I said- I just made it to the center tonight, like a few hours ago (guh, I gotta sleep), so I have no idea if this is a known thing or not. A quick search didn’t yield any similar experiences, but who knows, could be a glitch or something…
I’ll continue exploring around Euclid’s center until NEXT comes around.

2 Likes

I’m day one player, played hundreds of hours and I’m not even close to a half of a distance to the center of a galaxy.

With portals it’s incredibly easy to get to the center if you’re willing to give up your current base. If not then mass producing warp cells and chain warping(ideally with all three warp reactors on a S class explorer or exotic) will get you there fairly fast. You have to focus on it though. Make 20 or 30 warp cells do 20 to 30 max distance jump towards the center, rinse and repeat. I got out of Euclid in less than a month after launch and I was far from the fastest…I took time to get me a 48 slot ship, 24 slot multitool, all tech blueprints available at the time, etc.

If you warp with an S class freighter with all upgrades to the furthest black hole and then jump thru with a starship, you can average 10k per warp cell.

1 Like

Yeah but make sure you use a blank ship with no tech to go through a black hole because if not it will break one of your self installed blueprints each time you use a black hole.

See! Shuttles do have a point in the game! :joy:

3 Likes

Not really…you know which ship is my blank one with no tech? My original 48 slot fighter from before the foundation update…not really good for anything since it’s 0% bonuses across the board…but 48 slots makes it good storage. If I didn’t have that I’d invest 100+ million units into a 48 slot hauler to fill that space. If a ship is good for nothing other than going through black holes it at least better be able to store stuff in it. I’m not wasting a ship parking space unless it’s a best of a worth having class or max storage…only six ship slots.

A lot of players will have a junker to traverse black holes and it’s usually a dirt cheap shuttle was my only point. How much storage do you actually need?

But I’m almost certain you will be able to hold more ships come Tuesday, command a fleet of frigates? If the ship at the end of the trailer was a frigate, they should certainly be able to hold at least a couple of ships. Maybe even ship selling will be a thing which would be nice.

1 Like

For start early to mid game yeah…a cheap shuttle for black holes might do just not long term, not for me anyway. As for storage…the more the better. An empty 48 slot can be quite useful to dismantle and pack a planetside base into…that’s quite a useful thing. Or going through a galactic center that breaks all tech in your multitool and all tech not in a tech slot in your suit. Very useful to have 48 slots packed with repair materials beforehand to be fully repaired and back up and running as if nothing had happened less than 5 minutes after crashing through a center. That’s the power of a blank 48 slot ship.

As for the upcoming fleet…we might be able to own more than six ships…or maybe not…really depends. Not every bit of your fleet will be dockable with. It sounds like we will be able to have one main freighter and one capital ship which is one of the ones featured at the end of the trailer. Not necessarily clear if we’ll be able to have much more in terms of ship docking spaces. We’ll have to wait and see but not expecting an increase of how many ships we can own.

1 Like

Any tech placed in the tech slots is safe from black holes

Yeah but you can only have up to 12 of those…which for the most part no self-respecting ship has 12 or fewer blueprints installed.

1 Like

I use an exotic for it, the same one I warp about in little jumps with.
Warp upgrades and theta photon upgrades- massacre pirates silly enough to interdict.

Just the the basic baseline is 3x warp reactors, 3x shields, 3x pulse engines, and the two scanners…that’s 11 tech blueprints…an exotic has six tech slots or fewer. Then on top of that I usually put a minimalistic weapon boost systems of about 3 or 4 blueprints…just the thetas of one system…plus the rocket launcher for big static targets like freighters…so bare-bones minimum is 15 blueprints for a serviceable exotic ship.

1 Like

Maybe for you, I clearly have different ideas :stuck_out_tongue:

Happy Cake Day @SingularGleam! :fireworks::clap:

3 Likes

You have to remember though that going through a black hole you absolutely HAVE to repair all your multitool tech…which a decent end game alien/experimental is 24 blueprints to fix…plus your suit should have some installed blueprints that aren’t in the 12 tech slots you can have for it(in my case another dozen or so)…so in my case that’s 36 tech pieces I installed that need to be fixed…plus the main fixed five that every ship comes with and can’t be removed…that’s 41 techs that need fixing.

1 Like

The only thing black holes break is ship tech, one ship tech that isn’t in the tech slot.
Going thru the center breaks your stuff

I am genuinely curious as to your storage needs.

I have recently streamlined and reorganised my inventories, and now all of my Storage Containers have a designated type of material inside, (One for Silicates, one for Gasses etc)
I have a 48 slot S-Class hauler which is my main ship, I have a A-Class fighter and an Exotic, and a recently purchased B-Class 46 slot Hauler, I always remove all Warp upgrades anyway as this is what I use my freighter for, but I have a totally stripped down the B-Class Hauler to give me mobile, on-demand storage for moving bases and storage of materials while not in use. I also have a fully laden Colossus with luxury base storage items.

Anything below S-Class is replaceable with a ship of the same type, and I like the feeling of not having the absolute best of everything, that room for improvement keeps me playing and gives that excitement and anticipation buzz when you arrive in a new system and wonder what ships are going to land next.

1 Like